€3,850 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTANJ0816
- ItineraryMarseillan to Le Somail
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsItinerary Cruise between Marseillan and Le Somail.Accommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesBonus Each cabin booked receives a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
The beautiful Anjodi has been rebuilt to meander along the famed Canal du Midi. Anjodi features four beautiful cabins with en-suite facilities, a salon or dining room, bar, wooden sun deck with spa pool and loungers. Anjodi was featured in a BBC series about Chef Rick Stein’s culinary discovery in southern France.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey, one per cabin booked.
- Free hotel night at Clarion Suites in Narbonne for charter bookings on available dates in 2018. Book on or before May 14th, 2018. This offer is combinable with other advertised promotions.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to:
- Carcassonne, Europe’s largest fortified medieval town
- Minerve, an ancient village on the edge of a limestone cliff, classed as one of the ‘most beautiful villages of France’
- Narbonne, Roman city including its Archbishop’s Palace
- 14th century Château de Perdiguier for private wine tasting
- Performance by guest musicians on board
- Pezenas, a village associated with the playwright Molière
- Cruise through the Malpas tunnel, excavated in 1679 to allow the passage of the Canal du Midi
- All gourmet meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 4 crew members
- Transfers between Narbonne and Anjodi
- Cruise from April to October/Saturday departures
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop Off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Narbonne & Anjodi = 1 hour
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 2.45 pm / The Clarion Suites, Ile du Gua Hotel in Narbonne at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne by 10:00 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group’s choice in Narbonne, Montpellier, Carcassonne or Beziers at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group’s choice in Narbonne, Montpellier, Carcassonne or Beziers by 10:00 am
Noisette d’Agneau des Corbières en Croûte de Sel Sauce Romarin; Ragout de Calamars à la Provençale; Bouillabaisse
Domaine Gourgazaud, La Livinière, Minervois; Château les Voute-Gasparets, Corbières, Romain Pauc; Limoux Toques et Clochers, Chardonnay
Pélardon; Roquefort Papillon; Cathare au Chèvre; Tomme au Piment d’ Espelette
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Marseillan to Le Somail
Day 1, Sunday
Meet at the designated meeting point and escorted by air-conditioned minibus to Anjodi, moored in the lakeside fishing village of Marseillan. Enjoy a view over the oyster beds and home of Noilly Prat vermouth. You will be greeted with a champagne welcome. You can stroll around the village before dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
Cruise from Marseillan to Portiragnes through Bagnas. After lunch, visit Pezenas, a beautiful town in Languedoc. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, cruise along the Canal du Midi, and then moor near Beziers. You can walk or cycle along the towpath. After lunch, enjoy a tour and wine tasting at Château de Perdiguier known for its frescoes and wines. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
In the morning, go to Narbonne, a Roman Mediterranean capital where Visigoth monks once lived. Narbonne is linked to Canal du Midi and the Aude River. Tour the Archbishop’s Palace, Narbonne Cathedral and Via Domitia. Explore the indoor market, where you will have time to shop.
Return to the barge for lunch and cross the aqueduct over the River Orb, before ascending the 7-lock flight of Fonserannes to moor above it for the evening. Dinner ashore tonight at a local restaurant in Beziers.
Day 5, Thursday
In the morning, continue our cruise, passing through the world’s oldest canal tunnel at Malpas, to Capestan. You will have cycling and walking opportunities along the way.
After lunch, take an excursion to Minerve, a fortified medieval village and listed as one of the most beautiful villages of France. It boasts a 12th century Cathar fort surrounded by deep limestone gorges. Its hilltop location affords spectacular views. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
In the morning, cruise along the historic Canal du Midi to the village of Le Somail. After lunch, visit Carcassonne, a fortified city known for Cite de Carcassonne. Captain’s farewell dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark Anjodi and transfer to the designated drop off point in Montpellier.
Anjodi Deck Plan
- 4 crew
- 31 metres long
- 4 twin/double en suite cabins. Recommend twin-bed configuration for guests with limited mobility.
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with canopy and spa pool
- 8 bicycles available on board
- CD Player, iPod dock and books
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 15 & 29; June 24. 10% off per cabin on May 6 & 27; July 22 & August 12.
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement Book Before April 8, 22 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros April 15 3,080 Euros 1,400 Euros 14 May 2018 April 29 3,560 Euros 1,600 Euros 14 May 2018 May 6, 27 4,005 Euros 1,600 Euros 14 May 2018 May 13, 20 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros June 3, 10, 17 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros June 24 3,560 Euros 1,600 Euros 14 May 2018 July 1, 8, 15 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros July 22 3,465 Euros 1,400 Euros 14 May 2018 July 29 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros August 5, 19 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros August 12 3,465 Euros 1,400 Euros 14 May 2018 August 26 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros October 7, 14, 21 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on May 13. 10% off per charter on July 8 & 29; August 5, 19 & 26.
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 8, 15, 22 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros April 29 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros May 6, 20, 27 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros May 13 24,640 Euros 25,440 Euros 26,240 Euros 11 May 2018 June 3, 10, 17, 24 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 1, 15 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 8 27,720 Euros 28,620 Euros 29,520 Euros 14 May 2018 July 22 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros July 29 24,300 Euros 25,020 Euros 25,740 Euros 14 May 2018 August 5, 19 24,300 Euros 25,020 Euros 25,740 Euros 14 May 2018 August 12 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros August 26 27,720 Euros 28,620 Euros 29,520 Euros 14 May 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros October 7, 14, 21 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Golf Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 to 18 ppl 500 Euros per passenger Wine Appreciation Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 ppl 3,500 Euros per charter Wine Appreciation Canal du Midi Charter up to 18 ppl 5,500 Euros per charter Family Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 to 18 ppl None
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. *Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!