€27,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeANJFAM0816
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsItinerary Cruise between Le Somail and Marseillan.Accommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Treat yourself and your family to a wonderful cruise along the historic Canal du Midi. Adults and children will enjoy this family-themed itinerary which includes a tour of Carcassonne, visit to the Aqualand Park in Cap d’Agde and the Limousis Caves. Admire the beautiful views of the Pyrenees and the waters of Etang de Thau.
Note: Family themed cruises are charter only.
- Private wine tasting at the 14th century Château de Perdiguier
- Cruise through the world’s oldest canal tunnel at Malpas
- See the spectacular hilltop village of Minerve
- View the Pyrenees mountains across the vineyards and discover Cathar history
- Tour Carcassonne – the most complete medieval fortified city in existence
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling. “Biking Plus” option available
- Customised itinerary, substituting max of 4 excursions with any of the following familiy activities:
- Aqualand Park – Cap d’Agde (3 years+)
- Prehistoric Caves at Limousis
- Tennis & Badminton
- Pirateland – Water Activities & Theme Park (3 years+)
- Oppidum d’Enserune – Pre-Roman Hilltop Settlement near Beziers
- Canoeing & Kayaking
- Paintballing (8 years+)
- Horse Riding (2 years+)
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 4 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes 8 bicycles and spa pool
- A small library of books and maps
- A collection of board games
- Hi-Fi system with CD player with selection of CDs
- Complimentary WiFi
- Guest iPods can be connected to the Hi-Fi system
Pick-up & Drop Off Points
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 2.45 pm / The Clarion Suites, Ile du Gua Hotel in Narbonne at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne by 10:00 am
- Pick-up point: One location of the group’s choice in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne, Montpellier, Nimes, Perpignan or Toulouse at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group’s choice in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne, Montpellier or Perpignan by 10:00 am / Nimes or Toulouse by 11:00 am
Approximate transfer duration between Narbonne & Anjodi is 1 hour.
Noisette d’Agneau des Corbières en Croûte de Sel Sauce Romarin; Ragout de Calamars à la Provençale; Bouillabaisse
Domaine Gourgazaud, La Livinière, Minervois; Château les Voute-Gasparets, Corbières, Romain Pauc; Limoux Toques et Clochers, Chardonnay
Pélardon; Roquefort Papillon; Cathare au Chèvre; Tomme au Piment d’ Espelette
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
If you are a family with children, a bespoke itinerary is created and a maximum of 4 excursions from the Classic Cruise Itinerary is substituted with your preferred family activities.
The following activities can usually be arranged on-board directly with the barge Captain and included in your itinerary without any extra charge, unless otherwise stated:
Aqualand Park – Cap d’Agde (3 years+)
Situated on the southern peninsula of the ancient seaside town of Agde, this outdoor water park includes a large pool, several slides, a wave pool and a shaded relaxation area.
Prehistoric Caves at Limoussis
The prehistoric Caves at Limoussis are a series of underground tunnels dating back over 100 years. They also boast the largest array of aragonite crystals in the world. A fair level of fitness is required as the paths within the cave are relatively steep.
Tennis & Badminton
The International Centre of Tennis in Agde has 22 exterior tennis courts – 4 with Astroturf, 12 with grass and 6 with clay. The centre also has 4 badminton courts.
Pirateland – Water Activities & Theme Park (3 years+)
An amusement park in the beach resort of Marseillan Plage, Pirateland features a waterpark, inflatable games and mini golf.
Oppidum d’Enserune – Pre-Roman Hilltop Settlement near Beziers
This fascinating pre-Roman site is one of the most important in Europe and is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. First settled by the Celts in the 6th century BC, this site was inhabited until the 1st century AD after the Roman invasion of the region. The site also offers gorgeous views over La Clape, the Mediterranean Sea and the dried lake of Montady.
Canoeing & Kayaking
This is the chance to canoe and kayak in the gorges of the Herault River. Several time durations are available during the cruise, depending on the time slot allocated by the barge’s itinerary – the whole day (more than 3 hours of activities), half a day (from 1½ to 3 hours) or a quick tour (from 1 to 2 hours).
Paintballing (8 years+)
Set within an 80 hectare forest, the Beziers Forest Adventure Park features a paintball facility with more than 120 wooden shelters and watchtowers, as well as other defences, for lifelike combat scenarios. You will be guided by professional instructors throughout the game. Novices will not be mixed with experienced players.
The Cap d’Agde International golf course offers three 9-hole courses which can be played individually or together and is suitable for golfers of all standards and ages. The courses are challenging yet enjoyable and some of the most prestigious in the Languedoc. (Supplement Payable).
Other activities* – shown below – can be arranged but, due to their nature, they should be booked directly by the passenger with the activity provider. These activities are:
Horse Riding (2 years+)
Pony & Horse Riding is available through the vineyards and alongside the Canal du Midi. Two tariffs are available, for one or two hours. Pony treks are also available for younger or novice riders and are for either 15 or 30 minutes duration. (Supplement Payable).
*Activities are payable by the passenger directly to the provider, whose individual terms and conditions apply.
All activities are subject to availability. Children’s bicycles, bicycle helmets, child car seats and high-chairs are all available without cost.
Please contact our team to discuss your specific requirements.
Anjodi Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 4 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
20% off per cabin on April 7 & 14; May 12. No single supplement on April 7 & 14; May 12.
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement Book Before March 31 3,850 Euros 1,450 Euros April 7, 14 3,080 Euros None 18 February 2019 April 21 3,850 Euros 1,450 Euros April 28 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros May 5, 12, 19, 26 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros May 12 3,560 Euros None 18 February 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros July 7, 14 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros July 21, 28 3,850 Euros 1,450 Euros August 4, 11, 18 3,850 Euros 1,450 Euros August 25 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros October 6, 13, 20 3,850 Euros 1,450 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on March 31 & April 28
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 31 21,600 Euros 22,240 Euros 22,080 Euros 18 February 2019 April 7, 14, 21 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros April 28 24,640 Euros 25,440 Euros 26,240 Euros 18 February 2019 May 5, 12, 19, 26 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 7, 14 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 21, 28 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros August 4, 11, 18 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros August 25 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros October 6, 13, 20 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Family Charter 8 ppl None
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!