€27,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeANJFAM0816
- ItineraryLe Somail to Marseillan
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsItinerary Cruise between Le Somail and Marseillan.Accommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Treat yourself and your family to a wonderful cruise along the historic Canal du Midi. Adults and children will enjoy this family-themed itinerary which includes a tour of Carcassonne, visit to the Dinosaur Park and Museum in Meze and Limousis Caves. Admire the beautiful views of the Pyrenees and the waters of Etang de Thau.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey, one per cabin booked.
Note: Family themed cruises are charter only.
- Free hotel night at Clarion Suites in Narbonne for charter bookings on available dates in 2018. Book on or before May 14th, 2018. This offer is combinable with other advertised promotions.
- Tour the medieval walled city of Carcassonne.
- Visit the Dinosaur Park and Museum in Meze.
- Cruise to Pilhes with stunning views of the Pyrenees mountains across the vineyards
- Visit the Limousis Caves.
- Cruise through the oldest canal in the world at Malpas.
- Great towpath for walking and cycling.
- Visit the famos Cap d'Agde.
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 4 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes 8 bicycles and spa pool
- A small library of books and maps
- A collection of board games
- Hi-Fi system with CD player with selection of CDs
- Complimentary WiFi
- Guest iPods can be connected to the Hi-Fi system
Pick-up & Drop Off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Narbonne & Anjodi = 1 hour
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 2.45 pm / The Clarion Suites, Ile du Gua Hotel in Narbonne at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne by 10:00 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group’s choice in Narbonne, Montpellier, Carcassonne or Beziers at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group’s choice in Narbonne, Montpellier, Carcassonne or Beziers by 10:00 am
Noisette d’Agneau des Corbières en Croûte de Sel Sauce Romarin; Ragout de Calamars à la Provençale; Bouillabaisse
Domaine Gourgazaud, La Livinière, Minervois; Château les Voute-Gasparets, Corbières, Romain Pauc; Limoux Toques et Clochers, Chardonnay
Pélardon; Roquefort Papillon; Cathare au Chèvre; Tomme au Piment d’ Espelette
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Le Somail to Marseillan
Day 1, Sunday
Meet at the **designated meeting point and escorted by minibus to Anjodi, moored in the port of Le Somail. Champagne welcome, followed by time for a game of boules or badminton or a walk around the charming and historical village. Dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
Fascinating morning tour of Carcassonne. Dating back to the Gallo-Roman era, this is the most complete medieval fortified city in existence today with its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences, which resisted the many armies that tried to storm this glorious Camelot setting. Children and adults will enjoy walking the ramparts. An afternoon cruise along the 330 year old Canal du Midi to Pigasse through vineyards and pine trees. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, we transfer to the Dinosaur Park and Museum in Meze, an open air museum with skeletons and realistic reconstructions. Even before you arrive you can see the head of the Brachiosaur skeleton, peering out above the treetops, which is the largest complete dinosaur skeleton in the world. Return to the hotel barge for a cruise along the shaded canal to Poilhes, with magnificent views of the Pyrenees. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning, we reach the worlds oldest canal tunnel at Malpas then descend the 7-lock flight of Fonserannes and across the aqueduct over the River Orb. After lunch we visit the underground world called the Limousis Caves. Originally dug out by an underground river, the cave, which is now dry, contains some superb concretions among which are the exceptional “Chandelier” which is a collection of white arborescent crystals and aragonite. See the stalactites and stalagmites in the well lit caves and luster, 4 meters high and 10 meters diameter, composed of calcite flowers. It also served as shelter for pre historic man, cave bears and people through the ages. Dinner at a local auberge.
Day 5, Thursday
After breakfast we cruise to Portiragnes, where the Canal du Midi is at its closest to the Mediterranean, while guests can enjoy a cycle or walk along the footpaths or enjoy a soak in the spa pool as the world goes by. After lunch we explore the wonderful Oppidum d’Enserune, a pre Roman hill-top settlement with Greek and Iberian excavations dating from 600BC. Children love exploring all the underground passages under the settlement. Maybe tonight you can enjoy an evening swim in the nearby Med! Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Anjodi sets off through the famous round lock and then the nature reserve of Bagnas, with potential sightings of flamingos and other wild fowl before heading out onto the inland saltwater lake of Thau, past the oyster beds. After mooring in the fishing village of Marseillan, we visit famous Cap d’Agde on the Mediterranean, with golden sands and blue sea or for the more active “Aqualand” park with swimming pools, slides, wave machines and flumes. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast depart Marseillan by minibus and return to the **designated drop off point.
Anjodi Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 4 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 15 & 29; June 24. 10% off per cabin on May 6 & 27; July 22 & August 12.
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement Book Before April 8, 22 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros April 15 3,080 Euros 1,400 Euros 14 May 2018 April 29 3,560 Euros 1,600 Euros 14 May 2018 May 6, 27 4,005 Euros 1,600 Euros 14 May 2018 May 13, 20 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros June 3, 10, 17 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros June 24 3,560 Euros 1,600 Euros 14 May 2018 July 1, 8, 15 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros July 22 3,465 Euros 1,400 Euros 14 May 2018 July 29 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros August 5, 19 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros August 12 3,465 Euros 1,400 Euros 14 May 2018 August 26 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros October 7, 14, 21 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on May 13. 10% off per charter on July 8 & 29; August 5, 19 & 26.
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 8, 15, 22 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros April 29 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros May 6, 20, 27 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros May 13 24,640 Euros 25,440 Euros 26,240 Euros 11 May 2018 June 3, 10, 17, 24 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 1, 15 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 8 27,720 Euros 28,620 Euros 29,520 Euros 14 May 2018 July 22 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros July 29 24,300 Euros 25,020 Euros 25,740 Euros 14 May 2018 August 5, 19 24,300 Euros 25,020 Euros 25,740 Euros 14 May 2018 August 12 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros August 26 27,720 Euros 28,620 Euros 29,520 Euros 14 May 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros October 7, 14, 21 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Family Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 to 18 ppl None
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!