€27,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeANJWIN0816
- ItineraryMarseillan to Le Somail
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsItinerary Cruise between Le Somail and Marseillan.Accommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Enjoy a 6-night cruise vacation specifically designed for the appreciation and tasting of local wines between the stunning villages of Le Somail and Marseillan. This cruise allows you to enjoy wine tastings at various wineries like Domaine de Guery, Mas de Chevaliere and more and also visit some charming villages along Canal du Midi.
- Walk around the historical village of Le Somail
- Tour at Carcassonne, the most complete medieval fortified city
- Excursion at Minerve
- Wine tasting at Domaine de Guery
- Cruise through the world's oldest canal tunnel at Malpas
- Visit art winery at Mas de Chevaliere
- Explore Narbonne, a Roman Mediterranean capital
- Wine tasting at Chateau de Pech Redon
- Discover Pezenas, a delightful village
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 4 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes 8 bicycles and spa pool
- A small library of books and maps
- A collection of board games
- Hi-Fi system with CD player with selection of CDs
- Complimentary WiFi
- Guest iPods can be connected to the Hi-Fi system
Pick-up & Drop Off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Narbonne & Anjodi = 1 hour
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 2.45 pm / The Clarion Suites, Ile du Gua Hotel in Narbonne at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne by 10:00 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group’s choice in Narbonne, Montpellier, Carcassonne or Beziers at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group’s choice in Narbonne, Montpellier, Carcassonne or Beziers by 10:00 am
Noisette d’Agneau des Corbières en Croûte de Sel Sauce Romarin; Ragout de Calamars à la Provençale; Bouillabaisse
Domaine Gourgazaud, La Livinière, Minervois; Château les Voute-Gasparets, Corbières, Romain Pauc; Limoux Toques et Clochers, Chardonnay
Pélardon; Roquefort Papillon; Cathare au Chèvre; Tomme au Piment d’ Espelette
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Marseillan to Le Somail
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at the **designated meeting point by the Captain and escorted by minibus to Anjodi, moored in the port of Le Somail. A champagne welcome followed by time to walk around the charming and historical village. Prior to dinner your wine guide will give you a brief introduction to the vineyards of the region before presenting your first wines. Dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
A fascinating morning tour of Carcassonne, the most complete mediaeval fortified city in existence today with its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences, which resisted the many armies that tried to storm this glorious Camelot setting. On the way back to the barge, in the nearby village of Boutenac we sample Patrick Reverdy's internationally renowned Corbieres wine at the 17th century Chateau LaVoulte Gasparets. An afternoon cruise along the 330 year old Canal du Midi to Pigasse through vineyards and pine trees. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
This morning's excursion is to Minerve, which boasts a 12th century Cathar fort surrounded by deep limestone gorges. Besieged by Simon de Montfort in 1215, its hilltop location affords spectacular views. A fascinating recreation in miniature of the bloodthirsty Cathar rebellion and small museum complete this intriguing picture.
During this afternoon's cruise to Poilhes, our wine guide presents a comparative tasting of the white wines currently being produced in the Languedoc region. Enjoy a wine-tasting of the full-bodied Corbieres at the 500 year old vineyard Domaine de Guery. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning we cruise through the world's oldest canal tunnel at Malpas, mooring at the top of the flight of 7 locks at Fonseranes. During a visit to the state of the art winery at Mas de Chevaliere, created by the Burgundian winemaker Michel Laroche, we taste a selection of their delicious wines. Lunch and the descent of the lock flight follow, crossing the aqueduct over the River Orb. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
This morning we visit Narbonne, a Roman Mediterranean capital where the Visigoth monarchs once lived. Enjoy a visit to the Archbishop's Palace and Horreum. Explore the indoor market at the hub of this bustling canal side town, shop or simply absorb the relaxed atmosphere.
Lunch ashore in Narbonne. Before returning to the hotel barge, we pay a visit to the Chateau de Pech Redon to taste the wonderfully complex velvety wines produced from the nearby Montagne de la Clape. Cruise to Portiragnes where the Canal du Midi is at its closest to the Mediterranean and maybe enjoy an evening swim in the Med! Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
After exploring the winding mediaeval streets of the old Greco/Phoenician fishing port of Agde, we sail through the famous round lock and onto the inland saltwater lake of Thau, with its oyster beds. Mooring in the fishing village of Marseillan, we visit Pezenas, a delightful village mostly famous for its associations with the famous French play write Moliere. Later we visit the acclaimed Pomerol wine co-operative, Gold Medal winners and leading lights in the Languedoc. Captain's Farewell Dinner aboard.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast disembark the hotel barge and transfer by minibus to the **designated drop off point.
Anjodi Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 4 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 1. No single supplement on April 1*.
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement Book Before April 1 3,080 Euros None 19 February 2018 April 8, 15, 22 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros April 29 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros May 6, 13, 20, 27 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros July 1, 8, 15 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros July 22, 29 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros August 5, 12, 19 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros August 26 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 4,450 Euros 1,600 Euros October 7, 14, 21 3,850 Euros 1,400 Euros
*Cannot be combined with any other offers. Subject to availability.
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 8. 10% off per charter on July 8, 22 & 29; August 5, 19 & 26.
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 1, 15, 22 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros April 8 21,600 Euros 22,240 Euros 22,880 Euros 19 February 2018 April 29 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros May 6, 13, 20, 27 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 1, 15 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 8 27,720 Euros 28,620 Euros 29,520 Euros 19 February 2018 July 22, 29 24,300 Euros 25,020 Euros 25,740 Euros 19 February 2018 August 5, 19 24,300 Euros 25,020 Euros 25,740 Euros 19 February 2018 August 12 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros August 26 27,720 Euros 28,620 Euros 29,520 Euros 19 February 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros October 7, 14, 21 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Wine Appreciation Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 ppl 3,500 Euros per charter Wine Appreciation Canal du Midi Charter up to 18 ppl 5,500 Euros per charter
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!