€27,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Cruise CodeANJWIN0816
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsItinerary Cruise between Le Somail and Marseillan.Accommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Enjoy a 6-night cruise vacation specifically designed for the appreciation and tasting of local wines between the stunning villages of Le Somail and Marseillan. This cruise allows you to enjoy wine tastings at various wineries like Domaine de Guery, Mas de Chevaliere and more and also visit some charming villages along Canal du Midi.
- Discover Pezenas, a delightful village
- Winery tour and tasting in the 14th century Chateau de Perdiguier
- Wine tasting at Chateau de Pech Redon
- Cruise through the world's oldest canal tunnel at Malpas
- Explore Narbonne, a Roman Mediterranean capital
- Wine tasting at Chateau de Guery
- Visit art winery at Mas de Chevaliere
- Tour at Carcassonne, the most complete medieval fortified city
- Walk around the historical village of Le Somail
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 4 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes 8 bicycles and spa pool
- A small library of books and maps
- A collection of board games
- Hi-Fi system with CD player with selection of CDs
- Complimentary WiFi
- Guest iPods can be connected to the Hi-Fi system
Pick-up & Drop Off Points
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 2.45 pm / The Clarion Suites, Ile du Gua Hotel in Narbonne at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne by 10:00 am
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne, Montpellier, Nimes, Perpignan or Toulouse at 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne, Montpellier or Perpignan by 10:00 am / Nimes or Toulouse by 11:00 am
Approximate transfer duration between Narbonne & Anjodi is 1 hour.
Noisette d’Agneau des Corbières en Croûte de Sel Sauce Romarin; Ragout de Calamars à la Provençale; Bouillabaisse
Domaine Gourgazaud, La Livinière, Minervois; Château les Voute-Gasparets, Corbières, Romain Pauc; Limoux Toques et Clochers, Chardonnay
Pélardon; Roquefort Papillon; Cathare au Chèvre; Tomme au Piment d’ Espelette
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Day 1, Sunday - Marseillan
You are met in Narbonne** and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to Anjodi, moored in the lake side fishing village of Marseillan, home of Noilly Pratt Vermouth. A ‘Champagne Welcome’ with time for a relaxing stroll around this lovely fishing village. Prior to dinner, your wine guide will give you a brief introduction to the vineyards of the region before presenting your first wines. Dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday - Marseillan to Villeneuve-les-Beziers
This morning, embark on a cruise along the 330-year-old Canal du Midi through the Bagnas nature reserve, with potential sightings of flamingos, white egrets and other migrating birds, under bridges built from the local black volcanic stone. Later, visit the acclaimed Pomerol wine co-operative, Gold Medal winners and leading lights in the Languedoc. After lunch, visit Pezenas, the delightful 16th century capital of the Languedoc, mostly known for its associations with the French playwright Moliere. On the way back to the barge, there is the option to spend some time on one of the nearby Mediterranean beaches. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday - Villeneuve-les-Beziers to Malpas
After breakfast, cruise further along the Canal du Midi, crossing the aqueduct over the River Orb and ascending the 7-lock flight of unique oval locks at Fonserannes to arrive at your mooring at Malpas near the pretty village of Colombiers, which lies on an old Roman road, the Via Domitia. After lunch, enjoy an informative winery tour and tasting in the 14th Century Chateau de Perdiguier, named after King Charles V’s finance minister and famed for its frescoes and Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines, before stopping to view the star-shaped fields and 13th century irrigation channels of Montady from L’Oppidum d’Enserune. Dinner ashore tonight at L’Ambassade, a gastronomic restaurant in Beziers.
Day 4, Wednesday - Malpas to Capestang
This morning, cruise through the world’s oldest canal tunnel at Malpas and then past vineyards and pine trees, with magnificent views of the Pyrenees along the way, to moor in Capestang. Time before lunch to explore the village, once a summer retreat of the Bishops of Narbonne, with its magnificent 14th century collegiate church. This afternoon, a visit to the Chateau de Pech Redon to taste the wonderfully complex velvety wines produced from the nearby Montagne de la Clape. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday - Capestang to Salleles d’Aude
A morning visit to Narbonne, a Roman Mediterranean capital where the Visigoth monarchs once lived. Enjoy the Archbishop’s Palace and Horreum. Explore the indoor market at the hub of this bustling town, where you will have time to shop or simply absorb the relaxed atmosphere. Return to the barge for a cruise along the shaded canal to Salleles d’Aude, stopping off en route at Chateau de Guery, a 500 year old canal side vineyard, for a pre-dinner wine tasting of the full-bodied Corbieres or a visit to the state of the art winery at Mas de Chevaliere, created by the Burgundian winemaker Michel Laroche, to taste a selection of their delicious wines. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday - Salleles d’Aude to Le Somail
In the morning, embark on your final cruise, re-joining the historic Canal du Midi to arrive at the delightful village of Le Somail. After lunch, visit Carcassonne, the most complete mediaeval fortified city in existence today with its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences, which resisted the many armies that tried to storm this glorious Camelot setting. In the nearby village of Boutenac, sample Patrick Reverdy’s internationally renowned Corbieres wine at the 17th Century Chateau LaVoulte Gasparets. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday - Le Somail
After breakfast, you are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to your choice of location in Narbonne**.
On alternate weeks the cruise will be in the reverse direction.
This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change.
** Other locations available for Charter bookings
Anjodi Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 4 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
20% off per cabin on June 9 & 16; July 7. 10% off per cabin on August 18.
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement Book Before May 19, 26 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros June 2, 23, 30 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros June 9, 16 3,560 Euros 1,650 Euros 24 June 2019 July 7 3,560 Euros 1,650 Euros 24 June 2019 July 14 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros July 21, 28 3,850 Euros 1,450 Euros August 4, 11 3,850 Euros 1,450 Euros August 18 3,465 Euros 1,450 Euros 24 June 2019 August 25 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 4,450 Euros 1,650 Euros October 6, 13, 20 3,850 Euros 1,450 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on August 25
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before May 19, 26 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 7, 14 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros July 21, 28 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros August 4, 11, 18 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros August 25 24,640 Euros 25,440 Euros 26,240 Euros 24 June 2019 September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 30,800 Euros 31,800 Euros 32,800 Euros October 6, 13, 20 27,000 Euros 27,800 Euros 28,600 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Family Charter 8 ppl None Golf Charter 8 ppl 500 Euros per golfer Wine Appreciation Charter 8 ppl 4,000 Euros per charter
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. *Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!