€5,690 Per Person
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTFIN0816
- ItinerarySt-Julien-sur-Dheune to St-Jean-de-Losne
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesBonus Each cabin booked receives a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein.Itinerary Cruise between St-Julien-sur-Dheune and St-Jean-de-Losne.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Finesse is a new luxury hotel barge built to the highest standards. She offers luxurious accommodation for up to 8 passengers with four spacious suites with en-suite facilities. She also offers a large salon, dining area, demonstration kitchen and sun deck with spa pool.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey, one per cabin booked.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to
- Historic Dijon and a city market
- Beaune, a medieval walled town and its famous Hôtel-Dieu (15th century hospices)
- A Michelin-starred restaurant for lunch in Beaune
- Château de Germolles, the only remaining residence of the Dukes of Burgundy
- Château de Chamirey for private tour and wine tasting
- Autun, an ancient Roman town and visit to its 12th century cathedral
- All meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 5 crew members
- Transfers between Paris and Finesse
- Cruise from March to October/Sunday departures
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration for between Lyon & Finesse = 1.5 or 2 hours, depending on the cruise direction.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Gare Dijon-Ville at 4:00 pm and at Grand Hotel La Coche Dijon MGallery by Sofitel (if guests have stayed the night prior)
- Drop-off point: Gare de Dijon-Ville or the Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon McGallery by Sofitel at 11:00 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Lyon, Dijon or Le Creusot TGV Station at 4:00 pm. Pick-up in Paris is now available (your choice of location at 2:30 pm)
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Lyon, Dijon or Le Creusot TGV Station at 11:00 am. Drop-off in Paris will be on Saturday at 12:00 pm (your choice of location)
Tournedos of Charolais beef served with glazed carrots & asparagus, shallot tarte tatin & red wine sauce; Duo of pan-roasted and confit quail on wild mushroom and sautéed watercress with a cassis syrup; Montgolfier of Escargots with a garlic crème; Oeufs en Meurette served on toasted pain d'épices
Meursault; Pouilly-Fuissé; Nuits-St-Georges; Santenay; Chenas; Chablis; Gevrey-Chambertin; Sancerre
Chaource; Brillat-Savarin; Reblochon; Abondance
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
St-Julien-sur-Dheune to St-Jean-de-Losne
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met in Lyon and transferred by air-conditioned minibus to Finesse for a Champagne Welcome and the opportunity to meet the crew. Then there is time to wander along the towpath and admire the classic Burgundy scenery before dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning, begin your voyage through Southern Burgundy along the Canal du Centre through undulating countryside to moor at the little village of St-Leger-sur-Dheune. We descend a series of locks with plenty of opportunities to disembark and explore the villages along the way. After lunch on board, we visit the 14th century Château de Germolles, the best preserved of the residences of the Dukes of Burgundy, with its ducal chapel, medieval wall paintings and romantic gardens Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
This morning, head to Autun, a town of ancient origins with Roman gates and a 17,000 seat amphitheatre. The 12th century cathedral is also renowned for its architecture and its position on the pilgrims’ route from Vezelay to Santiago de Compestela in Spain. We return to the barge for lunch, then we cruise to the rural setting of Remigny, passing along the route the famous wine-producing village of Santenay. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
After breakfast, set off on a drive through the Côte de Beaune vineyards to the town of Beaune itself, capital of Burgundy wine country where we visit the fascinating 15th century Hôtel-Dieu Hospice and explore the quaint shops of the town, before enjoying a gastronomic lunch at Michelin-starred restaurant Le Montrachet. After lunch, we return to the barge for an afternoon cruise past the charming little town of Chagny, to our mooring near the village of Rully. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
This morning, continue our cruise along the Canal du Centre at a leisurely pace to moor at the village of Fragnes. There are perfect opportunities to walk or cycle along the towpath en route. In the afternoon we escort you on a winery tour and private tasting to the delightful 17th century Château de Chamirey in Mercurey, owned by the Devillard family for five generations. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
This morning, the barge leaves the winding canal to join the peaceful River Saône, passing delightful little ports such as Seurre and Verdun-sur-le-Doubs en route, to arrive at St-Jean-de-Losne. After lunch on board, we take a walking tour of old Dijon, gastronomic capital of France with its mustard shops and home to the impressive Notre-Dame de Dijon. You might also wish to enjoy some excellent
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, guest are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to their choice of location in Lyon.
Finesse Deck Plan
- 5 crew
- 39 metres long
- 4 twin/double suites (24 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with spa pool
- 8 bicycles available on board
- Demonstration cooking gallery
- CD player, iPod dock and telescope
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 1, 15 & 29; May 13, 20 & 27
No single supplement on April 1, 15 & 29
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before March 18, 25 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 1, 15 4,552 Euros None 3 April 2018 April 8, 22 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 29 5,240 Euros None 3 April 2018 May 6 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 13, 20, 27 5,240 Euros 2,350 Euros 3 April 2018 June 3, 10, 17, 24 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 1, 8, 15 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 22, 29 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 5, 12, 19 5,690 Euros 2,350 Euros August 26 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros October 7, 14, 21 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 8 & 22; May 6; June 3, 10 & 17; July 1, 8 & 15
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 18, 25 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 1, 15 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 8, 22 31,680 Euros 32,640 Euros 33,600 Euros 3 April 2018 April 29 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros May 6 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 3 April 2018 May 13, 20, 27 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros June 3, 10, 17 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 3 April 2018 June 24 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 1, 8, 15 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 3 April 2018 July 22, 29 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 5, 12, 19 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros Augut 26 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros Theme Region Available for Supplement per charter Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter 8 ppl 3,500 Euros
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!