€5,690 Per Person
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTFIN0816
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between St-Julien-sur-Dheune and St-Jean-de-Losne.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Finesse is a new luxury hotel barge built to the highest standards. She offers luxurious accommodation for up to 8 passengers with four spacious suites with en-suite facilities. She also offers a large salon, dining area, demonstration kitchen and sun deck with spa pool.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to
- Historic Dijon and a city market
- Beaune, a medieval walled town and its famous Hôtel-Dieu (15th century hospices)
- A Michelin-starred restaurant for lunch in Beaune
- Château de Germolles, the only remaining residence of the Dukes of Burgundy
- Château de Chamirey for private tour and wine tasting
- Autun, an ancient Roman town and visit to its 12th century cathedral
- All meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 5 crew members
- Transfers between Dijon and Finesse
- Cruise from March to October, Sunday departures
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
- Pick-up: Gare de Dijon Ville TGV station at 4:00 pm - meet at the Café Club Leo Resto or Hotel La Cloche Dijon MGallery by Sofitel at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Gare de Dijon-Ville or the Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon McGallery by Sofitel at 11:00 am
- Pick-up: One location of the group's choice in Paris or Geneva at 2:30 pm or Dijon, Lyon or Le Creusot TGV station at 4:00 pm
- Drop-off: One location of the group's choice in Dijon, Lyon or Le Creusot TGV station by 11:00 am or Paris or Geneva by 12:00 noon
Approximate transfer duration between Dijon & Finesse is 45 minutes or 1 hour & 10 mins, depending on cruise direction.
Tournedos of Charolais beef served with glazed carrots & asparagus, shallot tarte tatin & red wine sauce; Duo of pan-roasted and confit quail on wild mushroom and sautéed watercress with a cassis syrup; Montgolfier of Escargots with a garlic crème; Oeufs en Meurette served on toasted pain d'épices
Meursault; Pouilly-Fuissé; Nuits-St-Georges; Santenay; Chenas; Chablis; Gevrey-Chambertin; Sancerre
Chaource; Brillat-Savarin; Reblochon; Abondance
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Day 1, Sunday - St-Julien-sur-Dheune
You are met in Dijon* and transferred by air-conditioned minibus to Finesse for a Champagne Welcome and the opportunity to meet the crew. Then there is time to wander along the towpath and admire the classic Burgundy scenery before dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday - St-Julien-sur-Dheune to St-Léger-sur-Dheune
This morning, begin your voyage through Southern Burgundy along the Canal du Centre through undulating countryside to moor at the little village of St-Leger-sur-Dheune. Descend a series of 11 locks while cruising past the villages along the way. After lunch on board, visit the 14th century Château de Germolles, the best preserved of the residences of the Dukes of Burgundy, with its ducal chapel, medieval wall paintings and romantic gardens Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday - St-Léger-sur-Dheune to Remigny
This morning, head to Autun, founded by the Romans as Augustodunum it has retained many of its original Antique monuments such as Roman gates, ruins of a Temple and a 17,000 seat amphitheatre. Return to the barge for lunch, then cruise to the rural setting of Remigny, passing along the route picturesque Burgundian villages such as the famous wine-producing village of Santenay. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Tuesday - Remigny to Rully
After breakfast, set off on a drive through the Côte de Beaune vineyards to the town of Beaune itself, capital of Burgundy wine country where you will visit the fascinating 15th century Hôtel-Dieu Hospice and explore the quaint shops of the town, before enjoying a gastronomic lunch in the heart of Puligny & Chassagne Montrachet vineyards at the restaurant Le Montrachet. After lunch, return to the barge for an afternoon cruise past the charming little town of Chagny, to your mooring near the village of Rully. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday - Rully to Fragnes
This morning, continue your cruise along the Canal du Centre at a leisurely pace to moor at the village of Fragnes. There are perfect opportunities to walk or cycle along the towpath en route. In the afternoon, escort you on a winery tour and private tasting to the delightful 17th century Château de Chamirey in Mercurey, owned by the Devillard family for five generations. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday - Fragnes to St-Jean-de-Losne
This morning, the barge leaves the winding canal to join the peaceful River Saône, passing delightful little ports such as Seurre and Verdun-sur-le-Doubs en route, to arrive at St-Jean-de-Losne. After lunch on board, visit Clos de Vougeot***, headquarters of the esteemed Chevaliers du Tastevin (translates as “Fraternity of Knights of the Wine-Tasting Cup”), who award a special prized label to the finest Côte d‘Or vintages every year. Have the opportunity to pay homage at the fields of Romanée Conti before returning to Finesse. Farewell Dinner on Board.
Day 7, Saturday - St-Jean-de-Losne
After breakfast, you are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to your choice of location in Dijon*.
This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change. On alternate weeks the cruise is in the reverse direction.
*Other locations available for private charter bookings
*** On Friday afternoon, charter groups might wish to visit Dijon with its Cathedral and mustard shops instead of Clos de Vougeot. This can be discussed with the Captain once on-board.
Finesse Deck Plan
- 5 crew
- 39 metres long
- 4 twin/double suites (24 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with spa pool
- 8 bicycles available on board
- Demonstration cooking gallery
- CD player, iPod dock and telescope
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
10% off per cabin on May 19 & 26
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before March 24, 31 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 7, 14, 21 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 28 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 5, 12 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 19, 26 5,895 Euros 2,350 Euros 18 February 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 7, 14 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 21, 28 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 4, 11, 18 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 25 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros October 6, 13, 20 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 7, 14, 21 & 28
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 24, 31 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 7, 14, 21 31,680 Euros 32,640 Euros 33,600 Euros 18 February 2019 April 28 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 18 February 2019 May 5, 12, 19, 26 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 7, 14 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 21, 28 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 4, 11, 18 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 25 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros October 6, 13, 20 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Wine Appreciation Charter up to 8 ppl 4,000 Euros per charter
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!