€3,990 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Loire Valley
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTNYM0816
- Max Passengers6
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deckTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Moulin de Nitray and Moulin de Nitray.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
The classic, 6-passenger Nymphea cruises in the scenic River Cher in Loire Valley capturing the region’s fabled chateaux and picturesque landscape. She offers three comfortable cabins with en-suite facilities, salon and dining room and relaxing sun deck. You can also bike along the beautiful towpaths and trails.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to:
- Château de Chenonceau, the world-famous castle
- Château d’Amboise, royal residence of the Kings of France for 200 years
- Château du Clos Lucé, where Leonardo da Vinci lived
- Château de Villandry and its famous garden
- Troglodyte cave dwelling and its silkworm nursery
- Montrichard and its street market
- Local wineries for regional Touraine vintage wine tasting
- This barge offers a self-catering option for guests to cook at their leisure whilst the crew takes care of navigation.
- Breakfast and gourmet dinners on board/lunches offshore
- Open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 4 crew members
- Transfers between St Pierre des Corps TGV train station and Nymphea
- Cruise from April to October/Sunday departures
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration to Nymphea is between 15 & 30 minutes.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: St Pierre des Corps TGV train station at 4:30 pm OR for self-drive, the Nitray Lockhouse at 4:00 pm**
- Drop-off point: St Pierre des Corps TGV train station OR to Nitray Lockhouse for self-drive at 9:45 am
** Car-parking is available at the Nitray Lockhouse
For charter bookings:
In addition to the above, choice of 1 location in Tours for pick-up at 4:30 pm and drop-off by 9:45 am.
Filet Mignon de Veau à la Bière et Moutarde; Selle d'Agneau au Romari; Saumon et Friture
Château de Fontenay; La Reserve de Jean; Château de la Grille; Chinon; Domaine de la Renaudi; Touraine Blanc; Château de Nitray; Cabernet Franc; Les Meuriers
Valença; St Maure de Touraine; Selles sur Cher
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Day 1, Sunday
You will be met at the designated meeting point and transferred to hotel barge Nymphea where the crew and a champagne welcome await you at the mooring opposite the 17th century Moulin de Nitray. Dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
A morning cruise through two locks takes you to the quaint town of Larcay where you will moor under the weeping willows for lunch. In the afternoon, you will enjoy an excursion to Château de Villandry, the last of the great Renaissance châteaux to be built on the banks of the Loire. The château is world-renowned for its amazing array of ornamental, water, vegetable and herb gardens. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After a morning cruise past no less than six private châteaux, the barge will moor opposite the hamlet of Vallet, a cluster of classic Tourangeau architecture grouped around its 18th century mill. From there, you will drive to Amboise on the banks of the Loire, where you will visit the Royal Château d’Amboise, a royal residence of the Kings of France for 200 years. You will also visit Château du Clos Lucé nearby, Leonardo Da Vinci’s home for the last 3 years of his life. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
Whilst cruising in the morning you may pull in to the tiny landing stage next to Domaine de Fontenay. A two-minute walk brings you to the courtyard where you can taste their range of Touraine wines as an aperitif before lunch. In the afternoon you will cruise under the 5-arch bridge of the impressive Château de Chenonceau and moor at Chisseaux. From there you will take a short drive in the air-conditioned minibus to visit Chenonceau, often called ‘the ladies château’, after those such as Henry II’s mistress, Diane de Poitiers, who added the bridge over the River Cher and the beautiful gardens. Upon your return you will cruise upstream to Chissay-en-Touraine and have dinner tonight in one of the local restaurants specializing in Loire regional cooking.
Day 5, Thursday
A morning cruise takes you towards the troglodyte village of Bourré and the barge will moor near one of the more unusual dwellings, La Magnaneraie. The Coquillat family have grown up in this hillside troglodyte habitation, which has been turned into a wine cellar, a quarry for the tuffeau stone, and lastly, a silkworm nursery. After lunch you will drive to Valencay, one of the most splendid châteaux of the Loire. You will then cruise to Montrichard where the barge will moor for the night. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Following breakfast, a short stroll will take you to the heart of Montrichard and into one of the largest street markets in Touraine. You will also explore the 11th century château overlooking the medieval town square. Before lunch you can visit the local vineyard of the Meriau family to taste the regional Touraine vintages. In the afternoon, you'll enjoy another passage under Chenonceau and arrive at the hamlet of Nitray in time to visit the château and rose garden. Enjoy an aperitif from their vineyards before the Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark Nymphea and transfer to the designated drop-off point.
Nymphea Deck Plan
- 2 - 3 crew
- 25 metres long
- 3 en-suite cabins: 2 twins and 1 double (7-9 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- 6 bicycles available on board
- CD Player, iPod Dock and books
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
20% off per cabin on June 30 & July 7
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement Book Before June 23 3,990 Euros 1,550 Euros June 30 2,712 Euros 1,550 Euros 24 June 2019 July 4, 21, 28 3,990 Euros 1,550 Euros July 7 2,712 Euros 1,550 Euros 24 June 2019 August 4, 11, 18, 25 3,990 Euros 1,550 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 3,990 Euros 1,550 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on July 21 & 28; August 11, 18 & 25
Departure Dates Charter 2 ppl Charter 4 ppl Charter 5 ppl Charter 6 ppl Book Before June 23, 30 17,200 Euros 20,200 Euros 21,300 Euros 22,400 Euros July 7, 14 17,200 Euros 20,200 Euros 21,300 Euros 22,400 Euros July 21, 28 13,760 Euros 16,160 Euros 17,040 Euros 17,920 Euros 24 June 2019 August 4 17,200 Euros 20,200 Euros 21,300 Euros 22,400 Euros August 11 18, 25 13,760 Euros 16,160 Euros 17,040 Euros 17,920 Euros 24 June 2019 September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 17,200 Euros 20,200 Euros 21,300 Euros 22,400 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Cycling Charter 6 ppl 2,750 Euros per charter Family Charter 6 ppl None Golf Charter 6 ppl 500 Euros per golfer Honeymoon Charter 2 ppl Refer to cruise rates
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. *Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Cycling cruises include daily cycling with a professional cycling guide and an upgrade of bicycle.
Families with children charter cruises are available on many of our hotel barges, with tailor-made itineraries that take into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. A wide range of activities can be arranged with us and some will incur a supplement e.g. go-karting. Other activities can be booked by the family group directly with the provider e.g. hot air ballooning. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes and helmets, car seats, cots, high chairs, etc. Children under 18 receive a discount on many vessels.
Honeymoon charters are available on all hotel barges but we highly recommend these 2 vessels for your special 6 night celebration.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!