€7,420 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTSAR0816
- Max Passengers4
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deckTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Portiragnes and Carcassonne.Cruise Self-catering option available from 5,550 Euros per charter of 4 people
Saraphina is a lovely, old fashioned boat with a contemporary, bright and welcoming interior. This cruise ship travels along the Southern France and cruises the Canal du Midi between Portiragnes plage and the majestic medieval city of Carcassonne, the locks at Beziers and cruising through the winding canal with views of the stunning villages.
Self-catered cruise option is also available for 6 nights. Price is 4,995 Euros for 4 people.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to:
- Carcassonne, Europe’s largest fortified medieval town
- Narbonne, a Roman city including its Archbishop’s Palace and indoor market
- Pézenas, a beautiful town dating back to 16th century
- Abbey de Fontfroide, an 11th century Cistercian monastery with one of the largest rose gardens in France
- Minerve, an ancient village on the edge of a limestone cliff, classed as one of the ‘most beautiful villages of France’, for wine tasting
- This barge offers a self-catering option for guests to cook at their leisure whilst the crew takes care of navigation.
- Breakfast and gourmet dinners on board/lunches offshore
- Open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 2-3 crew members
- Transfers between Beziers, Narbonne or Carcassonne and Saraphina
- Cruise from April to October/Sunday departures
- Short cruises available from 3 nights
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group (minimum 2 passengers).
- Drinks ashore and gratuities are on clients own expense
- Salmon Gravlax, with pickled cucumber and wasabi dressing, Slow Roasted rack of lamb with Sauteed potatoes and mange tout, Rocamadour & Camembert served with apples and dried fruits, Home made Crème Brulée
- Local Goats cheese, honey and thyme parcels on bed of rocket, Sole served with new potatoes, green beans, lemon butter and fried capers, Brie de Meaux & Roquefort served with pear and toffee walnuts, Home made Mousse au Chocolat
- Traditional Pissalidière from Nice, with beetroot and feta salad, Confit leg of duck with sweet braised red cabbage and Madeira gravy, Epoisses de Bourgogne & Brillat Savarin served with blueberry confiture & Home made baked lemon tart with crème fraiche from Normandy
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Portiragnes Plage - Homps
Day 1, Sunday
We pick you up from your hotel, train station, or local airport and bring you safely aboard Saraphina. After a short cruise through the "mini Camargue" and Champagne welcome, your first dinner will be served aboard. A beautiful mooring in the countryside close to the village of Portiragnes.
Day 2, Monday
After breakfast, you will be taken to the historic streets of renaissance Pezenas with its arts, crafts and antique shops. After a typical bistro lunch in Béziers, we cruise over the aqueduct and up the majestic flight of locks at fonserannes. This evenings mooring a stones through away from Béziers.
Day 3, Tuesday
The morning visit brings you to the Cistercian abbey of Fontfroide. After lunch at a quaint restaurant with a stunning view of the "pond of Montady" we cruise along the windiest part of the canal to our mooring in Capestang, a small village with a charming square where you can enjoy an aperitif with a view on the enormous 12th century collegial church.
Day 4, Wednesday
Our tour guide takes you to Narbonne, known for the Archbishop's palace, the Gothic cathedral, shopping, and the famous covered food market, where you will choose a selection of seafood or charcuterie to enjoy back onboard. we then cruise to another stunning mooring next to the sleepy village of Le Somail. Take the opportunity to visit the world famous antique book shop and the ateliers. In the evening, you can walk to a restaurant in the village to wine and dine.
Day 5, Thursday
Thursday's visit brings you to the medieval cathar village Minerve and the olive oil factory «Oulibo». You will then enjoy your lunch ashore returning to the barge for an afternoon cruise to Roubia. A wine tasting before dinner could be organised if you wish.
Day 6, Friday
The medieval city of Carcassonne is a highlight of the week. After a guided tour around Europe’s largest medieval fortified town and lunch, we set off for the final cruise to the village of Homps and farewell dinner aboard.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast you will be transferred to train station, hotel or local airport for your onward journey.
Enjoy the freedom of a self-catered holiday without the responsibility of navigating the boat.
- Saraphina can accommodate four passengers between 2 en-suite cabins, perfect for 2 couples or a family.
- The itinerary is the same (or almost) as normal weeks, they just make sure we are moored in a place with restaurant for the evenings.
- Transfers, local pick-ups are included. When the Saraphina barge is moored in Portiragnes, a Carcassonne pick-up is not included.
- You are welcome to use our fully equipped kitchen and there is a BBQ which travels with you.
- The captain and hostess, takes care of the piloting the boat (although you are welcome to assist), and services your cabins each day.
- Full concierge services are included, i.e reserving restaurants, organising guided day tours to Carcassonne, Pezenas or Narbonne and many more.
- Two shopping runs with the captain’s car
- Use all facilities aboard, bikes, games wifi etc.
- Food & Beverage
- Other services not mentioned above
- Daily breakfast - 450 Euros.
- Transport to the surrounding areas for 50 Euros per hour.
- Excursions - 200 Euros each for 1 to 4 people.
- We are even happy to do some basic shopping for you for your arrival.
Saraphina Deck Plan
- 2-3 crew
- 25 metres long
- 2 twin/double en-suite cabins (13-17 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Bicycles available on board
- HiFi System, books, TV and games
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned car
Dates & Prices
Charter 4 passengers - Full Board
Departure Date 6 nights 5 nights 4 nights 3 nights March 31 14,650 Euros 12,850 Euros 11,050 Euros 9,250 Euros April 7, 14, 21, 28 14,650 Euros 12,850 Euros 11,050 Euros 9,250 Euros May 5, 12, 19, 26 14,650 Euros 12,850 Euros 11,050 Euros 9,250 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 14,650 Euros 12,850 Euros 11,050 Euros 9,250 Euros July 7, 14, 21, 28 14,650 Euros 12,850 Euros 11,050 Euros 9,250 Euros August 4, 11, 18, 25 14,650 Euros 12,850 Euros 11,050 Euros 9,250 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 14,650 Euros 12,850 Euros 11,050 Euros 9,250 Euros October 6, 13, 20 14,650 Euros 12,850 Euros 11,050 Euros 9,250 Euros
Charter 2 passengers - Full Board
Departure Date 6 nights 5 nights 4 nights 3 nights March 31 11,720 Euros 10,280 Euros 8,840 Euros 7,420 Euros April 7, 14, 21, 28 11,720 Euros 10,280 Euros 8,840 Euros 7,420 Euros May 5, 12, 19, 26 11,720 Euros 10,280 Euros 8,840 Euros 7,420 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 11,720 Euros 10,280 Euros 8,840 Euros 7,420 Euros July 7, 14, 21, 28 11,720 Euros 10,280 Euros 8,840 Euros 7,420 Euros August 4, 11, 18, 25 11,720 Euros 10,280 Euros 8,840 Euros 7,420 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 11,720 Euros 10,280 Euros 8,840 Euros 7,420 Euros October 16, 13, 20 11,720 Euros 10,280 Euros 8,840 Euros 7,420 Euros
Bed and breakfast service is also available. Kids go free (age 15 years old and under). Self-catered 6-night cruise is also available. Price is 5,550 Euros for 4 people. Contact our team for more information.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of 35% of the total cruise fare for cabin or charter is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 100 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!