€5,090 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTENC0816
- ItineraryTrebes to Salleles d'Aude
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomMeals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Bonus Each cabin booked receives a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein.Daily Excursions Excursions and wine tasting sessions as per the itineraryInclusions Sun deck, spa pool, use of bicycles, WiFi on board, etc.
The beautiful, two-decker Enchante offers luxurious accommodation to its passengers with four, spacious suites with en-suite facilities. She also features a saloon, dining area and sun deck with spa pool and a demonstration kitchen. You can enjoy al fresco dining on board or bike along the canal's scenic towpath.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein, one per cabin booked.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to
- Carcassonne, Europe’s largest fortified medieval town
- Minerve, an ancient village on the edge of a limestone cliff, classed as one of the ‘most beautiful villages of France’
- Narbonne, a Roman city including its Archbishop’s Palace and indoor market
- Corbieres village for lunch ashore
- Abbey de Lagrasse, a 7th century Romanesque Benedictine abbey
- Château Saint Jacques d’Albas for wine tasting
- All meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 5 crew members
- Transfers between Narbonne and Enchante
- Cruise from March to October/Sunday departures
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
All transfers for Enchanté are less than 1 hour (cabin bookings only).
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 4:00 pm OR the Clarion Suites Hotel, Ile du Gua, Narbonne at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne centre by 10:30 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 4:00 pm & 4:30 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 10:00 am & 10:30 am
Noisette d'Agneau en Croûte de Sel avec Sauce Romari; Ragout de Calamars "Provençàle"
Domaine de Nalys; Châteauneuf du Pape; Château Haut Gléo; Corbières; Domaine Corsin; Pouilly Fuissé; Domaine Vacheron, Sancerre; Château Les Ollieux Romanis; Domaine Alquier; Faugères; Château de Gourgazau; Minervois La Livinière
Le Saint-Remoi; Fromage de Chévre au Poivre at au ThymeTomme de Valdeblore
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Trebes to Salleles d'Aude
Day 1, Sunday
Meet at the designated point in Narbonne, then transfer to Enchanté via minibus, moored in Trébes. A champagne welcome and introduction to the captain and crew. Dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
In the morning, take a tour of Carcassonne. Carcassonne is the most complete medieval fortified city in existence today with its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences, which resisted the many armies that tried to storm this glorious Camelot setting.
In the afternoon, cruise along the 330-year-old canal and gently circle the contours of the land through the dappled cathedral-like canopy of the plane trees, to Puichéric lock. Admire the lock-keeper’s artistic creations which surround the lock-house. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
This morning, our cruise descends the trademark locks of the Canal du Midi as the steep relief requires them to be more numerous and deeper. This is a great opportunity to walk or cycle from one lock to the next as Enchanté cruises on, navigating the triple locking system.
The afternoon excursion is a wine tour and tasting at the winery of Château Saint Jacques d’Albas in Minervois, one of the few regions to receive the much envied French mark of approval for wines known as A.O.C. (Appellation d’Origine Controlée). Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
In the morning, visit a Benedictine abbey in Lagrasse. Lagrasse is considered to be one of the most villages in France. Try some local cuisine for lunch ashore overlooking Corbiéres. In the afternoon, cruise to Roubia. Pass by the canal bridge “l’Epanchoir”, one of the many feats of engineering invented by Pierre Riquet. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
A morning cruise through vineyards and pine trees to the charming and historical village of Le Somail, purpose-built for the Canal du Midi. This bustling little village is situated on the “grand bief”, another engineering prowess unique to the Canal du Midi. Take some time to explore the old bookstore of Le Somail.
An afternoon excursion to “L'Oulibo”, meaning olive in the Occitan language, a local co-operative olive oil press where we will sample the famous Lucques olive oil.
Continue by minibus to Minerve, the ancient capital of the Minervois, which boasts a 12th century Cathar fort surrounded by deep limestone gorges. Besieged by Simon de Montfort in 1210, its hilltop location affords spectacular views. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
This morning’s excursion is to Narbonne. Enjoy a visit to the Archbishop's Palace and the indoor market at the hub of this bustling canal side town. You have the time to explore the town and do some shopping.
In the afternoon, cruise through the series of locks and narrow bridges of the Robine Canal, built after the Canal du Midi to link Narbonne to the Mediterranean. Cycle ahead and explore the village of Sallèles d’Aude, our final mooring. Captain's farewell dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark Enchanté and then transfer to the drop-off point in Narbonne.
Enchante Deck Plan
- 5 crew
- 31 metres long
- 4 twin/double junior suites (15 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Sun deck with spa pool, al fresco dining table with 8 chairs & sun canopy
- 8 bicycles available on board
- PC With internet access
- CD Player, iPod dock, library and games
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned Mercedes minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
Departure Dates Suite per Person Single Supplement April 8, 15, 22 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros April 29 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros May 6, 13, 20, 27 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros July 1, 8, 15 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros July 22, 29 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros August 5, 12, 19 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros August 26 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros October 7, 14, 21 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 29
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 8, 15, 22 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros April 29 32,640 Euros 33,760 Euros 34,880 Euros 27 April 2018 May 6, 13, 20, 27 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros July 1, 8, 15 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros July 22, 29 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros August 5, 12, 19 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros August 26 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros October 7, 14, 21 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Golf Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 ppl 500 Euros per passenger Wine Appreciation Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 ppl 4,500 Euros per charter Family Canal du Midi Charter p to 8 ppl None
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. *Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!