€36,900 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeENCCUL1116
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesActivity Cooking lesson on board and market visits.Itinerary Cruise between Trebes and Salleles d'Aude.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Enchante's culinary cruise offers cooking demonstrations, hunting for truffles in the Minervois hills and tasting the elusive white truffle; visiting a renowned farm that breeds the special Petit Gris variety of escargot; and touring L’Oulibo and more.
This is available for charter only.
- Truffle hunting in the Minervois hills
- Visit the famous L'Oulibo, home of the famous Lucques olive
- Visit the Combebelle goat farm for cheese tasting
- Explore the village of Homps
- Visit the food market of Narbonne
- Wine tour and tasting at Château Pique Perlou
- French cooking class demonstration on board
- Tour the medieval city of Carcassonne
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes bicycles, PC and a spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Computer with 3G Internet connection
- iPod/MP3/CD player
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
All transfers for Enchanté are less than 1 hour (cabin bookings only).
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 4:00 pm OR the Clarion Suites Hotel, Ile du Gua, Narbonne at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne centre by 10:30 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 4:00 pm & 4:30 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 10:00 am & 10:30 am
Noisette d'Agneau en Croûte de Sel avec Sauce Romari; Ragout de Calamars "Provençàle"
Domaine de Nalys; Châteauneuf du Pape; Château Haut Gléo; Corbières; Domaine Corsin; Pouilly Fuissé; Domaine Vacheron, Sancerre; Château Les Ollieux Romanis; Domaine Alquier; Faugères; Château de Gourgazau; Minervois La Livinière
Le Saint-Remoi; Fromage de Chévre au Poivre at au ThymeTomme de Valdeblore
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Day 1, Sunday – Trebes
You are met in Narbonne and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to Enchanté. A Champagne welcome and an introduction to the Captain and crew, followed by dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday – Trebes to Aiguille
This morning, go for a French cooking class alongside the Canal du Midi. This is a hands-on experience where the focus is on seasonal produce and classic recipes with a modern twist! For lunch you’ll be able to enjoy the food you have just prepared seated at the stunning setting on the canal side. In the afternoon, cruise along the 330 year old Canal du Midi, and gently circle the contours of the land through the dappled Cathedral-like canopy of the plane trees, to Aiguille lock. You might want to admire the lock-keeper’s artistic creations which surround the lock-house. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday - Aiguille to Homps
This morning, there is a fascinating morning tour of Carcassonne. Dating back to the Gallo-Roman era, this is the most complete medieval fortified city in existence today with its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences. Home to many artisanal confectioners this is a perfect opportunity to indulge in some nougats and chocolates. Upon returning to the boat, enjoy a lunchtime cruise to the charming and historical village of Homps, followed by a tour of a local boulangerie where you will be overwhelmed by the wonderful smell of freshly-baked bread and patisseries. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday - Homps to Roubia
This morning, drive to Narbonne, a Roman Mediterranean capital where the Visigoth monarchs once lived. Enjoy a tour of Narbonne’s indoor food market where Enchanté’s chef will be on hand to help you select your evening’s dinner menu. After lunch in the market, return to the barge, then cruise through vineyards and pine trees to Roubia, followed by a wine tour coupled with a wine tasting at Château Pique Perlou in the Minervois, one of the few regions to receive the much envied French mark of approval for wines known as A.O.C. This informative tour is not only an opportunity to sample wine in situ but also find out more about the Languedoc’s long-standing and continuing wine trade. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday - Roubia to Le Somail
A morning cruise through vineyards and pine trees to the charming and historical village of Le Somail, purpose built for the Canal du Midi. This bustling little village is situated on the “grand bief” one of the engineering prowess unique to the Canal du Midi. Take some time to explore the old bookstore of Le Somail. After lunch onboard, enjoy an afternoon excursion to “Oulibo”, Occitan for olive. This small but reputable olive oil press is a great opportunity to find out what “Extra Virgin” really means. Home to the famous Lucques olive, you will also enjoy tasting some Picholine or Ascolana tapenades or olive oils. Continue to the Combebelle goat farm for a comparative tasting of young and mature goats’ cheeses. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday - Le Somail to Salleles d’Aude
Start the day with the ancient art of “cavage”, French for truffle hunting, in the oak forests of the Minervois hills. After a successful search and then a savouring of the white truffle, stop at “La Cargolade” on the way back to the barge. This farm, named after a traditional Languedoc dish, specialises in the Petit Gris variety of escargot. Lunch onboard is followed by an afternoon cruise through the series of locks and narrow bridges of the Robine Canal during which you can watch a truffle cooking demonstration by your chef. This evening’s mooring will be in the village of Salleles d’Aude, your final mooring. Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday - Salleles d’Aude
After breakfast, you are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to your choice of location in Narbonne.
This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change.
Each Culinary Theme cruise includes cooking demonstrations in the open galley by the on board chef, wine and food pairings for each meal, Mediterranean cuisine which focuses on the freshest local produce and presentations of all cheeses and wines.
Enchante Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities (16 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool, al fresco dining table with 8 chairs & sun canopy
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
- PC with Internet access
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
10% off per cabin on March 31; April 7, 14, 21 & 28; May 5
*No single supplement on March 31
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before March 24, 31 4,725 Euros 1,950 Euros. None on Mar 31 7 January 2019 April 7, 14, 21 4,725 Euros 1,950 Euros 7 January 2019 April 28 5,391 Euros 2,200 Euros 7 January 2019 May 5 5,391 Euros 2,200 Euros 7 January 2019 May 12, 19, 26 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros July 7, 14 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros July 21, 28 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros August 4, 11, 18 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros August 25 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros October 6, 13, 20 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
10% off per charter on March 31; April 7, 14, 21 & 28; May 5
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 24, 31 33,210 Euros 34,380 Euros 35,550 Euros 7 January 2019 April 7, 14, 21 33,210 Euros 34,380 Euros 35,550 Euros 7 January 2019 April 28 37,710 Euros 39,060 Euros 40,410 Euros 7 January 2019 May 5 37,710 Euros 39,060 Euros 40,410 Euros 7 January 2019 May 12, 19, 26 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros July 7, 14 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros July 21, 28 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros August 4, 11, 18 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros August 25 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros October 6, 13, 20 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Culinary Charter 8 ppl 125 Euros per person
*Cannot be combined with any other special offers.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!