€35,600 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeENCCUL1116
- ItinerarySallèles d’Aude to Narbonne
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesActivity Cooking lesson on board and market visits.Itinerary Cruise between Trebes and Salleles d'Aude.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Enchante's culinary cruise offers cooking demonstrations, hunting for truffles in the Minervois hills and tasting the elusive white truffle; visiting a renowned farm that breeds the special Petit Gris variety of escargot; and touring L’Oulibo and more.
This is available for charter only.
- Truffle hunting in the Minervois hills
- Visit the famous L'Oulibo, home of the famous Lucques olive
- Visit the Combebelle goat farm for cheese tasting
- Explore the village of Homps
- Visit the food market of Narbonne
- Wine tour and tasting at Château Saint Jacques d’Albas
- French cooking class demonstration on board
- Tour the medieval city of Carcassonne
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes bicycles, PC and a spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Computer with 3G Internet connection
- iPod/MP3/CD player
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
All transfers for Enchanté are less than 1 hour (cabin bookings only).
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 4:00 pm OR the Clarion Suites Hotel, Ile du Gua, Narbonne at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne centre by 10:30 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 4:00 pm & 4:30 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 10:00 am & 10:30 am
Noisette d'Agneau en Croûte de Sel avec Sauce Romari; Ragout de Calamars "Provençàle"
Domaine de Nalys; Châteauneuf du Pape; Château Haut Gléo; Corbières; Domaine Corsin; Pouilly Fuissé; Domaine Vacheron, Sancerre; Château Les Ollieux Romanis; Domaine Alquier; Faugères; Château de Gourgazau; Minervois La Livinière
Le Saint-Remoi; Fromage de Chévre au Poivre at au ThymeTomme de Valdeblore
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Sallèles d’Aude to Narbonne
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met in Narbonne and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to Enchanté. A champagne welcome and an introduction to the Captain and crew, followed by dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
Start the day with the ancient art of “cavage”, French for truffle hunting, in the oak forests of the Minervois hills. After a successful search and then a savouring of the white truffle, we will stop at “La Cargolade” on the way back to the barge. This farm, named after a traditional Languedoc dish, specialises in the Petit Gris variety of escargot. Then an afternoon cruise during which you can watch a truffle cooking demonstration by our chef. This evening’s mooring will be in the village of Roubia. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
This morning’s excursion is to “Oulibo”, Occitan for olive. This small but reputable olive oil press is a great opportunity to find out what “Extra Virgin” really means. Home to the famous Lucques olive, you will also enjoy tasting some Picholine or Ascolana tapenades or olive oils. We continue to the Combebelle goat farm for a comparative tasting of young and mature goats’ cheeses. Upon returning to the boat we enjoy a lunchtime cruise to the charming and historical village of Homps, followed by a tour of a local boulangerie where you will be overwhelmed by the wonderful smell of freshly-baked bread and patisseries. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning, we drive to Narbonne, a Roman Mediterranean capital where the Visigoth monarchs once lived. We enjoy a tour of Narbonne’s indoor food market where Enchanté’s chef will be on hand to help you select your evening’s dinner menu. After lunch in the market, we return to the barge, then cruise through vineyards and pine trees to L’Aiguille, followed by a wine tour coupled with a wine tasting at Château Saint Jacques d’Albas in the Minervois, one of the few regions to receive the much envied French mark of approval for wines known as A.O.C. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
This mornin, we take you for a French cooking class alongside the Canal du Midi. This is a hands-on experience where the focus is on seasonal produce and classic recipes with a modern twist! For lunch you will be able to enjoy the meal you have just prepared seated in a stunning setting on the canalside. In the afternoon we cruise further along the 330-year-old Midi canal ascending its trademark locks as the relief becomes steeper. This is a great opportunity to walk from one lock to the next as Enchanté cruises on and witness your vessel navigate the triple-locking system. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
This morning, there is a fascinating morning tour of Carcassonne. Dating back to the Gallo-Roman era, this is the most complete medieval fortified city in existence today with its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences. Home to many artisanal confectioners this is a perfect opportunity to indulge in some nougats and chocolates. We cruise in the afternoon through the dappled Cathedral-like canopy of the plane trees to Trèbes. Once a major ally for Carcassonne this medieval town still retains unique paintings within its 13th century church. Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, guests are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to their choice of location in Narbonne.
Enchante Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities (16 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool, al fresco dining table with 8 chairs & sun canopy
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
- PC with Internet access
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on June 10, July 22 & August 26.
No single supplement on August 26.
Departure Dates Suite per Person Single Supplement Book Before May 27 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros June 3, 17, 24 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros June 10 4,680 Euros 2,100 Euros 25 June 2018 July 1, 8, 15 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros July 22 4,072 Euros 1,900 Euros 25 June 2018 July 29 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros August 5, 12, 19 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros August 26 4,680 Euros None 25 June 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros October 7, 14, 21 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on July 29 & September 2
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before May 27 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros July 1, 8, 15 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros July 22 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros July 29 28,480 Euros 29,520 Euros 30,560 Euros 25 June 2018 August 5, 12, 19 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros August 26 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros September 2 32,640 Euros 33,760 Euros 34,880 Euros 25 June 2018 September 9, 16, 23, 30 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros October 7, 14, 21 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Golf Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 ppl 500 Euros per passenger Wine Appreciation Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 ppl 4,500 Euros per charter Family Canal du Midi Charter p to 8 ppl None
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!