€35,600 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeENCFAM0816
- ItineraryTrebes to Salleles d'Aude
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Trèbes and Sallèles d'Aude.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Embark in a delightful journey along the Canal du Midi with your family on board the elegant Enchante cruise ship. Be amazed by the beauty of the 330-year-old canal from Trebes and roam around the fascinating town of Carcassone. Imagine the amazing discoveries that await at the Grottes de Limousis, charming village of Lagrasse, Le Somail and more! This unique experience for adults and children is certainly a must try!
- Explore the 330-year-old canal circling Trebes
- Visit the beautiful town of Carcassonne
- Discover the amazing caves at the Grottes de Limousis
- Visit the bustling market of Lezignan Corbieres and village of Lagrasse
- Uncover the interesting spots of Le Somail village
- Excursion at the Narbonne's "espace liberte", a vast entertainment center
- Explore the charming village of Sallèles d’Aude
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes bicycles, PC and a spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Computer with 3G Internet connection
- iPod/MP3/CD player
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
All transfers for Enchanté are less than 1 hour (cabin bookings only).
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 4:00 pm OR the Clarion Suites Hotel, Ile du Gua, Narbonne at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne centre by 10:30 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 4:00 pm & 4:30 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 10:00 am & 10:30 am
Noisette d'Agneau en Croûte de Sel avec Sauce Romari; Ragout de Calamars "Provençàle"
Domaine de Nalys; Châteauneuf du Pape; Château Haut Gléo; Corbières; Domaine Corsin; Pouilly Fuissé; Domaine Vacheron, Sancerre; Château Les Ollieux Romanis; Domaine Alquier; Faugères; Château de Gourgazau; Minervois La Livinière
Le Saint-Remoi; Fromage de Chévre au Poivre at au ThymeTomme de Valdeblore
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Trebes to Salleles d'Aude
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at the designated meeting point and escorted by minibus to Enchanté, moored in Trèbes. A champagne welcome and an introduction to the Captain and crew, followed by dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning, we cruise from Trèbes along the 330-year-old canal gently circling the contours of the land through the dappled Cathedral-like canopy of the plane trees, to Marseillette.
After lunch on board, we enjoy a fascinating morning tour of Carcassonne, a unique experience for children and adults alike. This is the most complete medieval fortified city in existence today with its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences. You will have time to explore the castle, walk the ramparts where the watch kept guard and imagine the fierce battles that took place. There are specialised artisan shops in the pedestrian centre which is a delight to walk around. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
A morning cruise along the 330-year-old canal ascending its trademark locks as the relief becomes steeper. This is a great opportunity to walk or cycle from one lock to the next as Enchanté cruises on, navigating the triple locking system.
The afternoon excursion is to the Grottes de Limousis, a spectacular succession of caves with amazing stalagmitic barriers, which was discovered in the early 19th Century. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning we take the minibus to the bustling market of Lézignan Corbières, before continuing to the beautiful village of Lagrasse, home to the 1900 toy museum. Then we sample some local cuisine with lunch ashore in a spectacular setting overlooking the Corbieres vineyards, before returning to the barge to cruise past the canal bridge “l’Epanchoir”, one of the many feats of engineering invented by Pierre Riquet for the Canal du Midi, to Puichéric lock. You might want to admire the lock-keeper’s artistic creations which surround the lock-house. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
A morning cruise through vineyards and pine trees to the charming and historical village of Le Somail, purpose-built for the Canal du Midi. This bustling little village is situated on the “grand bief”, another engineering prowess unique to the Canal du Midi. Take some time to explore the old bookstore of Le Somail.
An afternoon excursion to a local goat’s cheese farm at Combebelle, then on to “L'Oulibo”, meaning olive in the Occitan language, a local co-operative olive oil press where we will sample the famous Lucques olive oil. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
After breakfast, our excursion is to Narbonne’s “espace liberté” a vast entertainment centre with indoor swimming pool and giant slide, ice-skating rink, trampolines and bowling alley.
In the afternoon, our final cruise takes us through a series of locks and under the narrow bridges of the Robine Canal, built after the Canal du Midi to link Narbonne to the Mediterranean. Cycle ahead and explore the village of Sallèles d’Aude, our final mooring. Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark Enchanté and transfer to the designated drop-off point.
Other options available include: River Aude kayaking; the Mediterranean beaches of Gruissan, Saint Pierre de la Mer or Port-la-Nouvelle; La Bouichère Cathar gardens; a working paper mill and workshop; dinosaur museum; Aqualand water park; tree top walking/climbing.
Enchante Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities (16 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool, al fresco dining table with 8 chairs & sun canopy
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
- PC with Internet access
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on June 10, July 22 & August 26.
No single supplement on August 26.
Departure Dates Suite per Person Single Supplement Book Before May 27 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros June 3, 17, 24 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros June 10 4,680 Euros 2,100 Euros 25 June 2018 July 1, 8, 15 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros July 22 4,072 Euros 1,900 Euros 25 June 2018 July 29 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros August 5, 12, 19 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros August 26 4,680 Euros None 25 June 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros October 7, 14, 21 5,090 Euros 1,900 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on July 29 & September 2
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before May 27 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros July 1, 8, 15 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros July 22 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros July 29 28,480 Euros 29,520 Euros 30,560 Euros 25 June 2018 August 5, 12, 19 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros August 26 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros September 2 32,640 Euros 33,760 Euros 34,880 Euros 25 June 2018 September 9, 16, 23, 30 40,800 Euros 42,200 Euros 43,600 Euros October 7, 14, 21 35,600 Euros 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Golf Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 ppl 500 Euros per passenger Wine Appreciation Canal du Midi Charter up to 8 ppl 4,500 Euros per charter Family Canal du Midi Charter p to 8 ppl None
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!