€36,900 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeENCFAM0816
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Trèbes and Sallèles d'Aude.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Embark in a delightful journey along the Canal du Midi with your family on board the elegant Enchante cruise ship. Be amazed by the beauty of the 330-year-old canal from Trebes and roam around the fascinating town of Carcassone. Imagine the amazing discoveries that await at the Grottes de Limousis, charming village of Lagrasse, Le Somail and more! This unique experience for adults and children is certainly a must try!
- Explore the 330-year-old canal circling Trebes
- Visit the beautiful town of Carcassonne
- Discover the amazing caves at the Grottes de Limousis
- Visit the bustling market of Lezignan Corbieres and village of Lagrasse
- Uncover the interesting spots of Le Somail village
- Excursion at the Narbonne's "espace liberte", a vast entertainment center
- Explore the charming village of Sallèles d’Aude
- Customised itinerary, substituting max of 4 excursions with any of the following familiy activities:
- Prehistoric Caves at Limoussis
- Kayaking, Rafting, Pot Holing and Rock Climbing
- Goat’s Cheese Farm at Combebelle
- Ice Skating, Bowling & Go Karting
- Richard de Bas Paper Mill & Workshop
- Horse Riding (2+ Years)
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes bicycles, PC and a spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Computer with 3G Internet connection
- iPod/MP3/CD player
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
All transfers for Enchanté are less than 1 hour (cabin bookings only).
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 4:00 pm OR the Clarion Suites Hotel, Ile du Gua, Narbonne at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne centre by 10:30 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 4:00 pm & 4:30 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 10:00 am & 10:30 am
Noisette d'Agneau en Croûte de Sel avec Sauce Romari; Ragout de Calamars "Provençàle"
Domaine de Nalys; Châteauneuf du Pape; Château Haut Gléo; Corbières; Domaine Corsin; Pouilly Fuissé; Domaine Vacheron, Sancerre; Château Les Ollieux Romanis; Domaine Alquier; Faugères; Château de Gourgazau; Minervois La Livinière
Le Saint-Remoi; Fromage de Chévre au Poivre at au ThymeTomme de Valdeblore
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
If you are a family with children, a bespoke itinerary is created and a maximum of 4 excursions from the Classic Cruise Itinerary is substituted with your preferred family activities.
The following activities can usually be arranged on-board directly with the barge Captain and included in your itinerary without any extra charge, unless otherwise stated:
Prehistoric Caves at Limoussis
The prehistoric Caves at Limoussis are a series of underground tunnels dating back over 100 years. They also boast the largest array of aragonite crystals in the world. A fair level of fitness is required as the paths within the cave are relatively steep.
Kayaking, Rafting, Pot Holing and Rock Climbing
All of the above are available at the delightful Eaurizon Base Nautique on the scenic River Aude. Several time durations are available during the cruise, depending on the time slot allocated by the barge’s itinerary – the whole day (more than 3 hours of activities), half a day (from 1½ to 3 hours) or a quick tour (from 1 to 2 hours).
Goat’s Cheese Farm at Combebelle
Come and meet the goats! At this wonderfully rustic shop and barn you can sample an array of different cheeses and even head out back to the milking parlour to play with the goats and watch how the milking process is done.
It being the Mediterranean, there are no shortage of swimming opportunities, from freshwater lakes such as the Lac de Jouarres and the picturesque Lac de la Cavayère near Carcassonne to the warm, lengthy beaches of Narbonne and the Saint-Pierre La Mer, Fleury. Should you wish, there is also an indoor pool available in Narbonne.
Ice Skating, Bowling & Go Karting
In the unlikely event the weather isn’t favourable, there are plenty of activities on offer to keep the kids entertained at this leisure centre in Narbonne, including ice skating, bowling and go karting, as well as an Olympic size swimming pool so you can splash the day away!
Richard de Bas Paper Mill & Workshop
The mill, restored by Marius Péraudeau in 1941 was the first living museum in France. The paper mill still functions today, with 200 to 300 hand-made pieces of paper made each day, using the traditional artisanal methods of the 15th century. Here, you can try your hand at paper making or follow the paper maker’s trail along the streams and mills of the valley.
Other activities* – shown below – can be arranged but, due to their nature, they should be booked directly by the passenger with the activity provider. These activities are:
Horse Riding (2+ Years)
Pony & Horse Riding is available through the vineyards and alongside the Canal du Midi. Two tariffs are available, for one or two hours. Pony treks are also available for younger or novice riders and are for either 15 or 30 minutes duration. (Supplement Payable).
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
*Activities are payable by the passenger directly to the provider, whose individual terms and conditions apply.
All activities are subject to availability. Children’s bicycles, bicycle helmets, child car seats and high-chairs are all available without cost.
Enchante Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities (16 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool, al fresco dining table with 8 chairs & sun canopy
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
- PC with Internet access
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
10% off per cabin on March 31; April 7, 14, 21 & 28; May 5
*No single supplement on March 31
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before March 24, 31 4,725 Euros 1,950 Euros. None on Mar 31 7 January 2019 April 7, 14, 21 4,725 Euros 1,950 Euros 7 January 2019 April 28 5,391 Euros 2,200 Euros 7 January 2019 May 5 5,391 Euros 2,200 Euros 7 January 2019 May 12, 19, 26 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros July 7, 14 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros July 21, 28 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros August 4, 11, 18 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros August 25 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros October 6, 13, 20 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
10% off per charter on March 31; April 7, 14, 21 & 28; May 5
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 24, 31 33,210 Euros 34,380 Euros 35,550 Euros 7 January 2019 April 7, 14, 21 33,210 Euros 34,380 Euros 35,550 Euros 7 January 2019 April 28 37,710 Euros 39,060 Euros 40,410 Euros 7 January 2019 May 5 37,710 Euros 39,060 Euros 40,410 Euros 7 January 2019 May 12, 19, 26 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros July 7, 14 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros July 21, 28 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros August 4, 11, 18 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros August 25 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros October 6, 13, 20 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Family Charter 8 ppl None
*Cannot be combined with any other special offers.
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!