€36,900 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeENCGOL0816
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise from Trebes to Salleles d'Aude.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Cruise the beautiful and historic Canal du Midi and play golf in this fabulous 6-night cruise. Visit the walled city of Carcassonne, the villages of Le Somail and Saint Chinian and enjoy golf at Golf de Carcassonne, Golf de St Thomas, Lamalou-les-Bains Golf Course and Cap d'Agde.
Note: Golf themed cruises are charter only.
- Tour of the medieval walled city of Carcassonne.
- Golf at Golf de Carcassonne.
- Play golf at Golf de St Tomas.
- Golf at Lamalou-les-Bains Golf Course.
- Visit the village of Le Somail.
- Wine tasting in Saint Chinian, the first village to receive A.O.C.
- Excursion of L'Oulibo.
- Golf at Cap d'Agde.
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes bicycles, PC and a spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Computer with 3G Internet connection
- iPod/MP3/CD player
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
All transfers for Enchanté are less than 1 hour (cabin bookings only).
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Narbonne TGV train station at 4:00 pm OR the Clarion Suites Hotel, Ile du Gua, Narbonne at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Your choice of location in Narbonne centre by 10:30 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 4:00 pm & 4:30 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Narbonne, Beziers, Carcassonne or Montpellier between 10:00 am & 10:30 am
Noisette d'Agneau en Croûte de Sel avec Sauce Romari; Ragout de Calamars "Provençàle"
Domaine de Nalys; Châteauneuf du Pape; Château Haut Gléo; Corbières; Domaine Corsin; Pouilly Fuissé; Domaine Vacheron, Sancerre; Château Les Ollieux Romanis; Domaine Alquier; Faugères; Château de Gourgazau; Minervois La Livinière
Le Saint-Remoi; Fromage de Chévre au Poivre at au ThymeTomme de Valdeblore
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Day 1, Sunday - Trebes
You are met in Narbonne** and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to Enchante. A Champagne Welcome awaits you, with the chance to meet your Captain and crew followed by dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday - Trebes to Puicheric
Fascinating morning tour of Carcassonne. Dating back to the Gallo-Roman era, this is the most complete mediaeval fortified city in existence today with its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences, which resisted the many armies that tried to storm this glorious Camelot setting. Following a lunch cruise you will head to Golf de Carcassonne. Challenging water obstacles and bunkers make this a tactical golf course for players of all levels. Dinner on board.
(18 holes, 5,800m, Par 71)
Day 3, Tuesday - Puicheric to Homps
Morning cruise under the shade of the plane trees which line the canal to Puicheric. After lunch, golf at Golf de St Thomas. This course offers various types of play: woods, hills, lakes and on some fairways a more classic approach. Continue cruising to a picturesque mooring under the trees, a perfect opportunity to try your hand at boules followed by an alfresco dinner on board.
(18 holes, par 72, 6130m)
Day 4, Wednesday - Homps to Roubia
This morning, play golf at Lamalou-les-Bains Golf Course located at the foot of Mt Carooux by the River Orb, this course with its three small lakes, is flat, wooded, short, technical and most enjoyable. Enjoy lunch ashore before returning to the barge for an afternoon cruise, transverse the canal bridge l’Epanchoir, one of the many feats of engineering invented by Pierre Riquet for the Canal du Midi, to Roubia. Dinner on board.
(9 holes, 2,600m, Par 35)
Day 5, Thursday - Roubia to Le Somail
Morning cruise through vineyards and pine trees to the charming and historical village of the Le Somail, purpose built for the Canal du Midi. Take some time to explore the old bookstore of Le Somail. Afternoon excursion to a wine tasting in the Saint Chinian, the first village of the region to receive the much envied French mark of approval for wines known as A.O.C. (Appellation d’Origine Controlée), teamed with an excursion to “Oulibo”, Occitan for olive. This cooperative olive oil press is a great opportunity to sample the famous Lucques olive. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday - Le Somail to Sallèles d’Aude
This morning, enjoy a round of golf at Cap d’Agde. This golf course is located in a colourful landscape created by one of the world’s most renowned architects, Ronald Fream. An outstanding and inventive course whose greens are jealously protected by bunkers that you will never forget. Afternoon cruise through the series of locks and narrow bridges of the Robine Canal, built after the Canal du Midi to link Narbonne and the Mediterranean. Cycle ahead and explore the village of Sallèles d’Aude, your final mooring. Captains Farewell Dinner on board.
(18 holes, 6,301m, Par 72)
Day 7, Saturday - Sallèles d’Aude
After breakfast, you are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to your choice of location in Narbonne**.
On alternate weeks the cruise will be in the reverse direction. This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change.
**Other locations are available for Private Charter bookings
Enchante Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities (16 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool, al fresco dining table with 8 chairs & sun canopy
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
- PC with Internet access
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
10% off per cabin on March 31; April 7, 14, 21 & 28; May 5
*No single supplement on March 31
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before March 24, 31 4,725 Euros 1,950 Euros. None on Mar 31 7 January 2019 April 7, 14, 21 4,725 Euros 1,950 Euros 7 January 2019 April 28 5,391 Euros 2,200 Euros 7 January 2019 May 5 5,391 Euros 2,200 Euros 7 January 2019 May 12, 19, 26 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros July 7, 14 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros July 21, 28 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros August 4, 11, 18 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros August 25 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 5,990 Euros 2,200 Euros October 6, 13, 20 5,250 Euros 1,950 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
10% off per charter on March 31; April 7, 14, 21 & 28; May 5
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 24, 31 33,210 Euros 34,380 Euros 35,550 Euros 7 January 2019 April 7, 14, 21 33,210 Euros 34,380 Euros 35,550 Euros 7 January 2019 April 28 37,710 Euros 39,060 Euros 40,410 Euros 7 January 2019 May 5 37,710 Euros 39,060 Euros 40,410 Euros 7 January 2019 May 12, 19, 26 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros July 7, 14 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros July 21, 28 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros August 4, 11, 18 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros August 25 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 41,900 Euros 43,400 Euros 44,900 Euros October 6, 13, 20 36,900 Euros 38,200 Euros 39,500 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Golf Charter 8 ppl 500 Euros per golfer
*Cannot be combined with any other special offers.
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. *Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!