€39,600 Per Charter
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeFINGOLF1118
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesActivity Exciting golfing sessions in exclusive locations in BurgundyInclusion WiFi on board
A great golfing adventure awaits you at Burgundy! Take part in a 6-night holiday aboard the gorgeous ship of Finesse and experience exciting golf cruise itineraries in the most beautiful French destinations. Finesse Golf Cruise treats you to amazing golfing sessions at the picture-perfect site at Chateau d’Avoise, Chateau de Chailly, Golf de Beaune Levernois, and Golf Blue Green Quetigny Grand Dijon. You'll also visit the beautiful villages and vineyards to savour the ambience and taste of rustic life in the French countryside.
- Golfing sessions at:
- Chateau d’Avoise golf course (18 holes, Par 72, 5708 m)
- Chateau de Chailly golf course (18 holes, Par 72, 6146m)
- Golf de Beaune Levernois (18 holes, Par 72, 6129m)
- Golf Blue Green Quetigny Grand Dijon (18 Holes, Par 71, 625m)
- Winery tour and private tasting to the 17th century Chateau de Chamirey
- Gastronomic lunch at Chateau de Chailly
- Cruise past the famous wine-producing village of Santenay
- Cruise along the beautiful River Saône
- Opportunities to walk or cycle along beautiful towpaths
- Transfers by chauffeured minibus between Dijon and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Small library of books and maps
- Board games
- iPod/MP3 player
- Guest computer
- Air-conditioned/centrally heated
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
- Pick-up: Gare de Dijon Ville TGV station at 4:00 pm - meet at the Café Club Leo Resto or Hotel La Cloche Dijon MGallery by Sofitel at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Gare de Dijon-Ville or the Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon McGallery by Sofitel at 11:00 am
- Pick-up: One location of the group's choice in Paris or Geneva at 2:30 pm or Dijon, Lyon or Le Creusot TGV station at 4:00 pm
- Drop-off: One location of the group's choice in Dijon, Lyon or Le Creusot TGV station by 11:00 am or Paris or Geneva by 12:00 noon
Approximate transfer duration between Dijon & Finesse is 45 minutes or 1 hour & 10 mins, depending on cruise direction.
Tournedos of Charolais beef served with glazed carrots & asparagus, shallot tarte tatin & red wine sauce; Duo of pan-roasted and confit quail on wild mushroom and sautéed watercress with a cassis syrup; Montgolfier of Escargots with a garlic crème; Oeufs en Meurette served on toasted pain d'épices
Meursault; Pouilly-Fuissé; Nuits-St-Georges; Santenay; Chenas; Chablis; Gevrey-Chambertin; Sancerre
Chaource; Brillat-Savarin; Reblochon; Abondance
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Day 1, Sunday - St-Julien-sur-Dheune
You are met in Dijon** and transferred by air-conditioned minibus to Finesse for a Champagne Welcome and the opportunity to meet the crew. There is time to wander along the towpath and admire the classic Burgundian scenery, before dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday - St-Julien-sur-Dheune to St-Léger-sur-Dheune
Begin your voyage this morning through Southern Burgundy through undulating countryside to moor at the little village of St-Léger-sur-Dheune. You'll be descending a series of locks with many opportunities to disembark and explore the villages along the way. After lunch, you'll head to Chateau d’Avoise golf course (18 holes, Par 72, 5708 m), sprawling an area of 120 hectares, between groves and birches, majestic beech trees, oak trees and a lake, it offers a technical and strategic challenge to players of all categories. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday - St-Léger-sur-Dheune to Remigny
This morning’s cruise takes you past the famous wine-producing village of Santenay. There are perfect opportunities to walk or cycle along the towpath en route, before mooring at the pretty little port of St-Léger-sur-Dheune. In the afternoon you'll be escorted for a winery tour and private tasting at the 17thC. Chateau de Chamirey in Mercurey owned by the Devillard family for five generations. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday - Remigny to Rully
After breakfast, you'll set sail to Rully, passing the charming little town of Chagny. You will then set off by minibus through the famous vineyards of Burgundy to Chateau de Chailly where you will enjoy a gastronomic lunch before tackling the golf course (18 holes, Par 72, 6146m). This was designed by Thierry Sprecher and Géry Watine, professional champion of France in 1989. Around its 16th century chateau, the Chailly golf course offers a magnificent course audaciously marrying the classicism of a formal garden and avant-garde golfing technology with regards to the golfing construction. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday - Rully to Fragnes
In the morning you will be escorted to the Golf de Beaune Levernois (18 holes, Par 72, 6129m). The course was designed in the heart of the Burgundy vineyards, within a framework of relaxation and greenery. It is a long technical course with 9 lakes and bunkers of white sand as well as many large trees. This course is reserved for all levels of player. After lunch aboard you'll continue your cruise along the Canal du Centre at a leisurely pace to the mooring of the village of Fragnes. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday - Fragnes to St-Jean-de-Losne
This morning the barge leaves the winding canal to join the peaceful River Saône, passing delightful little river ports such as Seurre and Verdun-sur-le-Doubs on your cruise to St-Jean-de-Losne. After lunch on board, you will be escorted to the Golf Blue Green Quetigny Grand Dijon (18 Holes, Par 71, 625m), situated just 5 minutes from the centre of Dijon in the heart of wine producing Burgundy, where you will find a short and hilly golf course that runs along the River Mirande. Designed by Chris Pittman, and opened in 1990, this technical course offers a challenge for all levels of player; so do not be fooled by its length. Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday - St-Jean-de-Losne
After breakfast, guests are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to their choice of location in Dijon**.
*This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change. On alternate weeks the cruise is in the reverse direction.
**Other locations are available for private charter bookings.
Finesse Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Demonstration kitchen
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
10% off per cabin on May 19
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before March 24, 31 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 7, 14, 21 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 28 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 5, 12, 26 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 19 5,895 Euros 2,350 Euros 1 April 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 7, 14 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 21, 28 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 4, 11, 18 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 25 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros October 6, 13, 20 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 7, 14, 21 & 28
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 24, 31 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 7, 14, 21 31,680 Euros 32,640 Euros 33,600 Euros 1 April 2019 April 28 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 1 April 2019 May 5, 12, 19, 26 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 7, 14 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 21, 28 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 4, 11, 18 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 25 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros October 6, 13, 20 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Golf Cruise Charter up to 8 ppl 500 Euros per person
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!