€39,600 Per Charter
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeFINWIN0816
- ItinerarySt-Julien-sur-Dheune to St-Jean-de-Losne
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between St-Julien-sur-Dheune and St-Jean-de-Losne.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Join a 6-night voyage aboard the enthralling ship of Finesse that lets you enjoy wine tastings at some of the famous wineries from St-Julien-sur-Dheune to St-Jean-de-Losne like Château de Chamirey in Mercurey and more. Explore the quaint shops of the Hotel-Dieu Hospice and visit stunning towns like Autun and Chagny. A great holiday ahead of you awaits at Burgundy!
- Visit the vineyards of Cote Chalonnaise
- Wine tasting at Chateau de Chamirey
- Explore Autun, a town of ancient origins with Roman gates and a 17,000 seat amphitheatre
- Visit the famous vineyards of the Cote de Beaune
- Explore the town of Beaune
- Discover the fascinating 15th century Hotel-Dieu Hospice
- Private wine tasting of a top domaine in Nuits St George
- Visit to Clos de Vougeot
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Small library of books and maps
- Board games
- iPod/MP3 player
- 3G Internet connection
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration for between Lyon & Finesse = 1.5 or 2 hours, depending on the cruise direction.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Gare Dijon-Ville at 4:00 pm and at Grand Hotel La Coche Dijon MGallery by Sofitel (if guests have stayed the night prior)
- Drop-off point: Gare de Dijon-Ville or the Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon McGallery by Sofitel at 11:00 am
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Lyon, Dijon or Le Creusot TGV Station at 4:00 pm. Pick-up in Paris is now available (your choice of location at 2:30 pm)
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Lyon, Dijon or Le Creusot TGV Station at 11:00 am. Drop-off in Paris will be on Saturday at 12:00 pm (your choice of location)
Tournedos of Charolais beef served with glazed carrots & asparagus, shallot tarte tatin & red wine sauce; Duo of pan-roasted and confit quail on wild mushroom and sautéed watercress with a cassis syrup; Montgolfier of Escargots with a garlic crème; Oeufs en Meurette served on toasted pain d'épices
Meursault; Pouilly-Fuissé; Nuits-St-Georges; Santenay; Chenas; Chablis; Gevrey-Chambertin; Sancerre
Chaource; Brillat-Savarin; Reblochon; Abondance
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
St-Julien-sur-Dheune to St-Jean-de-Losne
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met in Lyon and transferred by air-conditioned minibus to Finesse for a Champagne Welcome and the opportunity to meet the crew. Then there is time to wander along the towpath and admire the classic Burgundy scenery before dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning, we begin our voyage through Southern Burgundy along the Canal du Centre through undulating countryside to moor at the little village of St-Leger-sur-Dheune. We descend a series of locks with plenty of opportunities to disembark and explore the villages along the way. Late morning, our expert wine guide joins the barge to give an introductory talk on the vineyards of Burgundy and during an on-board wine tasting of a selection of appellations, ensures that everyone has mastered their tasting technique!
After lunch, we visit the nearby vineyards of the Côte Chalonnaise. Although this wine-growing region is lesser-known than its illustrious neighbours, some wonderful wines are produced in the villages of Rully, Givry and Mercurey. We enjoy a tour and private tasting of premier cru wines at one of the best domaines in Mercurey, the delightful 17th century Château de Chamirey in Mercurey, owned by the Devillard family for five generations. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, we head to Autun, a town of ancient origins with Roman gates and a 17,000 seat amphitheatre. The 12th century cathedral is also renowned for its architecture and its position on the pilgrims’ route from Vezelay to Santiago de Compestela in Spain. We return to the barge for lunch, then we cruise to the rural setting of Remigny, passing along the route the famous wine-producing village of Santenay. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning, we enjoy a leisurely cruise further along the canal past the charming little town of Chagny, to our mooring near the village of Rully. After lunch on board, our wine guide takes us on a visit to the world famous vineyards of the Côte de Beaune where we enjoy a tour and private tasting of Puligny, Meursault and St Aubin wines at a renowned, family-run domaine in Puligny Montrachet. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
After breakfast, we set off on a drive through the Côte de Beaune vineyards to the town of Beaune itself, capital of Burgundy wine country where we visit the fascinating 15th century Hôtel-Dieu Hospice and explore the quaint shops of the town, before enjoying a gastronomic lunch at Michelin-starred restaurant Le Montrachet. After lunch, we return to the barge for an afternoon cruise past the charming little town of Chagny, to our mooring near the village of Fragnes. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
This morning, we embark on our final cruise, joining the River Saône at Chalon-sur-Saône and then passing delightful little ports such as Verdun-sur-le-Doubs and Seurre en route, to arrive at St-Jean-de-Losne.
After lunch on board, we set off on a drive through some of the greatest Pinot Noir vineyards in the world. After paying homage at the fields of Romanée Conti, we visit the cellars of a top domaine in Nuits St George for a private tasting of its premier cru wines and also Gevrey Chambertin. There should also be time for a visit to Clos de Vougeot, headquarters of the esteemed Chevaliers du Tastevin, who annually award prized special labels to the finest Côte d‘Or vintages. Back in St-Jean-de-Losne, time perhaps to wander along the quaysides before the Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, guest are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to their choice of location in Lyon.
Finesse Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Demonstration kitchen
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 1, 15 & 29; May 13, 20 & 27
No single supplement on April 1, 15 & 29
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before March 18, 25 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 1, 15 4,552 Euros None 3 April 2018 April 8, 22 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 29 5,240 Euros None 3 April 2018 May 6 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 13, 20, 27 5,240 Euros 2,350 Euros 3 April 2018 June 3, 10, 17, 24 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 1, 8, 15 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 22, 29 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 5, 12, 19 5,690 Euros 2,350 Euros August 26 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros October 7, 14, 21 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 8 & 22; May 6; June 3, 10 & 17; July 1, 8 & 15
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 18, 25 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 1, 15 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 8, 22 31,680 Euros 32,640 Euros 33,600 Euros 3 April 2018 April 29 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros May 6 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 3 April 2018 May 13, 20, 27 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros June 3, 10, 17 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 3 April 2018 June 24 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 1, 8, 15 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 3 April 2018 July 22, 29 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 5, 12, 19 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros Augut 26 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros Theme Region Available for Supplement per charter Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter 8 ppl 3,500 Euros
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!