€39,600 Per Charter
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeFINWIN0816
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between St-Julien-sur-Dheune and St-Jean-de-Losne.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Join a 6-night voyage aboard the enthralling ship of Finesse that lets you enjoy wine tastings at some of the famous wineries from St-Julien-sur-Dheune to St-Jean-de-Losne like Château de Chamirey in Mercurey and more. Explore the quaint shops of the Hotel-Dieu Hospice and visit stunning towns like Autun and Chagny. A great holiday ahead of you awaits at Burgundy!
- Visit the vineyards of Cote Chalonnaise
- Private wine tasting at Domaine de la Folie
- Explore Autun, a town of ancient origins with Roman gates and a 17,000 seat amphitheatre
- Visit the famous vineyards of the Cote de Beaune
- Explore the town of Beaune
- Discover the fascinating 15th century Hotel-Dieu Hospice
- Private wine tasting of a top domaine in Nuits St George
- Visit to Clos de Vougeot
- Transfers by chauffeured minibus between Dijon and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Small library of books and maps
- Board games
- iPod/MP3 player
- Guest computer
- Air-conditioned/centrally heated
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
- Pick-up: Gare de Dijon Ville TGV station at 4:00 pm - meet at the Café Club Leo Resto or Hotel La Cloche Dijon MGallery by Sofitel at 4:15 pm
- Drop-off point: Gare de Dijon-Ville or the Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon McGallery by Sofitel at 11:00 am
- Pick-up: One location of the group's choice in Paris or Geneva at 2:30 pm or Dijon, Lyon or Le Creusot TGV station at 4:00 pm
- Drop-off: One location of the group's choice in Dijon, Lyon or Le Creusot TGV station by 11:00 am or Paris or Geneva by 12:00 noon
Approximate transfer duration between Dijon & Finesse is 45 minutes or 1 hour & 10 mins, depending on cruise direction.
Tournedos of Charolais beef served with glazed carrots & asparagus, shallot tarte tatin & red wine sauce; Duo of pan-roasted and confit quail on wild mushroom and sautéed watercress with a cassis syrup; Montgolfier of Escargots with a garlic crème; Oeufs en Meurette served on toasted pain d'épices
Meursault; Pouilly-Fuissé; Nuits-St-Georges; Santenay; Chenas; Chablis; Gevrey-Chambertin; Sancerre
Chaource; Brillat-Savarin; Reblochon; Abondance
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Day 1, Sunday - St-Jean-de-Losne
You are met in Dijon** and transferred by air-conditioned minibus to Finesse for a Champagne Welcome and the opportunity to meet the crew. Prior to dinner, your expert wine guide joins the barge to give an introductory talk on the vineyards of Burgundy and during an on-board wine tasting of a selection of appellations, ensures that everyone has mastered their tasting technique! Dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday - St-Jean-de-Losne to Fragnes
Begin your voyage this morning through Southern Burgundy along the peaceful River Saône, passing delightful little river ports such as Seurre and Verdun-sur-le-Doubs, before joining the Canal du Centre at Chalon-sur-Saone to arrive at your mooring in Fragnes. In the afternoon, your wine guide takes you on a visit to the world famous vineyards of the Côte de Beaune where you can enjoy a tour and private tasting of Puligny-Montrachet, Chassagne, Meursault and St Aubin wines at Château de Chassagne-Montrachet. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday - Fragnes to Rully
This morning, set off to visit Clos de Vougeot, headquarters of the esteemed Chevaliers du Tastevin, who annually award prized special labels to the finest Côte d‘Or vintages. Your wine expert will meet you there and then continue on a drive through some of the greatest Pinot Noir vineyards in the world, and after paying homage at the fields of Romanée Conti, visit the cellars of Marchand in the centre of Nuits St Georges for a private tasting of Nuits-St-Georges, 1er Crus & Gevrey-Chambertins. Return to the hotel barge for lunch and then a leisurely afternoon cruise to your mooring near the village of Rully. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday - Rully to Remigny
After breakfast, set off on a drive through the Côte de Beaune vineyards to the town of Beaune itself, capital of Burgundy wine country, where you will visit the fascinating 15th century Hôtel-Dieu Hospice and explore the quaint shops of the town, before enjoying a gastronomic lunch in the heart of Puligny & Chassagne Montrachet vineyards at the restaurant Le Montrachet. After lunch, return to the barge for an afternoon cruise to Remigny. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday - Remigny to St-Léger-sur-Dheune
This morning’s cruise takes you past the famous wine-producing village of Santenay. There are perfect opportunities to walk or cycle along the towpath en route, before you moor at the pretty little port of St-Léger-sur-Dheune. After lunch, visit the nearby vineyards of the Côte Chalonnaise. Although this wine-growing region is lesser-known than its illustrious neighbours, some wonderful wines are produced in the villages of Rully, Givry and Mercurey. Meet up with your wine expert to enjoy a private tasting at Domaine de la Folie, one of the best domaines in Rully, before returning to the barge. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday - St-Léger-sur-Dheune to St-Julien-sur-Dheune
In the morning, cruise along the Canal du Centre through undulating countryside to moor at the little village of St-Julien-sur-Dheune. You will be ascending a series of 11 locks with many opportunities to disembark and explore the villages along the way. After lunch, head to Autun, a town of ancient origins with Roman gates and a 17,000 seat amphitheatre. Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday - St-Julien-sur-Dheune
After breakfast, you are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to your choice of location in Dijon**.
This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change.
On alternate weeks the cruise is in the reverse direction.
** Other locations are available for private charter bookings
Finesse Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Demonstration kitchen
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
10% off per cabin on May 19 & 26
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before March 24, 31 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 7, 14, 21 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 28 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 5, 12 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 19, 26 5,895 Euros 2,350 Euros 18 February 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 7, 14 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 21, 28 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 4, 11, 18 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 25 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros October 6, 13, 20 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 7, 14, 21 & 28
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before March 24, 31 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 7, 14, 21 31,680 Euros 32,640 Euros 33,600 Euros 18 February 2019 April 28 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 18 February 2019 May 5, 12, 19, 26 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 7, 14 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 21, 28 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 4, 11, 18 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 25 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros October 6, 13, 20 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Wine Appreciation Charter up to 8 ppl 4,000 Euros per charter
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!