US$6,500 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTGRVI0317
- ItineraryFleurey - Vandenesse, Dijon - Chagny
- Max Passengers6
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesInclusion WiFi on board
The beautiful Grand Victoria was originally built in 1994. She now cruises along the waterways of Burgundy. She offers three, well-appointed staterooms featuring the Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Hartfield Luxury Firm Mattress, flat-screen TV, Apple TV, WiFi access and firm pillows. Other amenities include a large sundeck with spa pool and 6 mountain bikes.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to
- Historic Dijon and a city market
- Beaune, a medieval walled town and its famous Hôtel-Dieu (15th century hospices)
- A Michelin-starred restaurant for lunch in Beaune
- Gevrey Chambertin for local wine tasting
- Château de Meursault for a tour and wine tasting
- Château de la Rochepot, a 13th century castle
- Enjoy spinning vinyls on Grand Victoria’s record player in the evenings
- All meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 6 crew members
- Transfers between Paris, Dijon or Geneva and Grand Victoria
- Cruise from April to October / Sunday departures
- Two itineraries available
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
- Air transportation
- Airport taxes, visas, health or accident insurance, trip cancellation insurance
- Superior Chateaux vintage wines
- Optional activities not included in the itinerary
- 10% crew gratuity
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
- Pick-up: Airport or hotel at 2:00 pm or DIjon at 4:00 pm
- Drop-off: Dijon, Paris or Geneva destination at 9:00 am
- Seared scallops with truffled potato purée and sweet ginger chili or
- Spiced duck wontons in a lime and chili broth with cashews and cilantro
- Roasted duck breast with prosciutto roasted vegetables, fennel purée, parsnip crisps, and veal demi glace or;
- Prosciutto-wrapped cod with crab risotto, cherry tomatoes marinated in an olive oil vinaigrette
- Cheese platter
- Lemon tart
- Mille fuille
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Dole to Chagny
Day 1, Sunday
A private driver will meet you in Paris or Geneva to drive you to the Grand Victoria, moored in Dole. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by a cheerful crew and will experience the Grand Victoria welcome. While you are checked in and the crew is taking your luggage to your stateroom, you’ll have the chance to sit and relax with a signature champagne welcome. Afterwards, there will be plenty of time to unpack and unwind before your first of many incredible dinners on board.
Day 2, Monday
Start your week with breakfast aboard, followed by a walking tour of Dole. Guests will visit Dole’s Notre Dame and enjoy coffee at a local café before setting off on a morning cruise. After a delightful lunch onboard the Grand Victoria, you will depart for the historic Château Du Clos De Vougeot, once home of the Cistercian monks and their vineyards. This is a great excursion for wine lovers and history buffs alike! Then, enjoy an informal private wine tasting at a renowned Côte d’Or vineyard before returning to the Grand Victoria. Enjoy sundowners and laughter onboard, while the chef prepares a mouth-watering dinner.
Day 3, Tuesday
Depart the Grand Victoria in the morning for a walking tour of Dijon’s historic marketplace, designed by Gustav Eiffel himself. Mingle amongst the local shoppers and experience this traditional French market day. A short informal historic tour of the Ducal Palace, Notre Dame, and a 15th century medieval shopping street will bring you to the Place du Bareuzai, where you will enjoy lunch with the locals at an authentic French bistro. After lunch, guests are welcome to explore Dijon’s many shopping options before returning to the Grand Victoria for an afternoon of cruising down the scenic Saône River to the medieval village of Seurre.
Day 4, Wednesday
Guests can kick back and relax on a spacious deck as they spend the morning cruising down the majestic Saône River. Enjoy a magnificent lunch in a scenic vineyard, before you venture off to tour the majestic Château de Rully. A medieval fortress built in the 12th century, located on the side of a hill, the castle overlooks its expansive vineyards. Visiting the castle will take you on a journey through French history before ending with a private wine tasting in the medieval kitchen. From there, it’s back to mooring in Chalon-sur-Saone for cocktails and dinner. Feel free to take a stroll through the streets of the city which once served as a port for Roman Emperor Constantius II and, more recently, as the birthplace of photography. Chalon is also a great city to explore by night, with a vibrant bar scene to check out!
Day 5, Thursday
Embark on an early morning tour of the historic city of Beaune. Visit the famous Hotel Diêu. A hospital from the Middle Ages, the Hospices de Beaune, is one of France’s most prestigious historic monuments. Its flamboyant Gothic architecture and its polychrome roofs make this museum one of Burgundy’s gems. The Hospices de Beaune is also famous for its prestigious wines, making this an exciting visit for wine lovers. Return for lunch onboard. Enjoy the views as you take a short afternoon cruise up the canal to the village of Fragnes. The adventurers in the group can ride one of the onboard bicycles, explore the tow paths along the Canal du Central. Happy hour starts a little earlier at night with a selection of vinyl albums to take you back in time, while the chef prepares another culinary masterpiece.
Day 6, Friday
After breakfast, depart on a morning cruise of the canal. You will venture off the Grand Victoria for lunch at the famous Maison Lameloise, a 3-star Michelin restaurant, as a treat for the foodies in the group! The history of Maison Lameloise stretches back to 1921. It first received a third Michelin star in 1979 and continues the honor under chef Eric Pras. After lunch, you will visit the famous Château de Pommard, a historic Château near Chagny dating back centuries. At Pommard, you will discover the true taste of Burgundy’s appellations, viticulture, and winemaking from the heart of the largest privately-owned clos in the Cote d’Or. After tasting, you will return to the Grand Victoria, where guests have the opportunity to kick back with a cocktail or explore Chagny before the final dinner together. After dinner, guests can return to Beaune to celebrate their final night in Burgundy with a pub crawl!
Day 7, Saturday
It’s your final morning. Enjoy a delicious breakfast as you get ready to depart the Grand Victoria. Your private chauffeur will arrive early to take you back to Paris or Geneva.
Note: This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change. It runs in reverse on alternate weeks.
Grand Victoria Deck Plan
- 6 crew
- 39 metres long
- 3 king/twin junior suites with TVs (15 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with spa pool
- 6 bicycles available on board
- Record player, TV, games
- WiFi (subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Departure Date Per Person Charter 4 ppl Charter 5 ppl Charter 6 ppl (7 Days) Charter 6 ppl (10 Days) July 15, 22, 29 $6,500 USD $,34,500 USD $35,750 USD $38,900 USD $58,000 USD August 5, 12, 19, 26 $6,500 USD $,34,500 USD $35,750 USD $38,900 USD $58,000 USD September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 $6,500 USD $,34,500 USD $35,750 USD $38,900 USD $58,000 USD October 7, 14, 21 $6,500 USD $,34,500 USD $35,750 USD $38,900 USD $58,000 USD
Departure Date Per Person Charter 4 ppl Charter 5 ppl Charter 6 ppl April 28 $6,999 USD $37,500 USD $39,900 USD $41,900 USD May 5. 12, 19, 26 $6,999 USD $37,500 USD $39,900 USD $41,900 USD June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 $6,999 USD $37,500 USD $39,900 USD $41,900 USD July 7, 14, 21, 28 $6,999 USD $37,500 USD $39,900 USD $41,900 USD August 4, 11, 18, 25 $6,999 USD $37,500 USD $39,900 USD $41,900 USD September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 $6,999 USD $37,500 USD $39,900 USD $41,900 USD October 6, 13, 20, 27 $6,999 USD $37,500 USD $39,900 USD $41,900 USD
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of 30% of the total cruise fare for charters is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 100 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!