€4,350 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTLIM0816
- ItineraryFleurey-sur-Ouche to Escommes
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesBonus Each cabin booked receives a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein.Itinerary Cruise between Fleurey-sur-Ouche and EscommesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
L’Impressionniste is a beautiful, 12-passenger hotel barge that cruises along the Burgundy Canal. She is the sister ship of La Belle Epoque. She offers four comfortable state rooms and two superior Junior Suites. Her beautiful and spacious salon features comfortable leather sofas and original paintings. You can also relax on the beautiful sun deck and get to know the other passengers.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein, one per cabin booked.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to
- Historic Dijon, the Ducal Palace, colourful markets and mustard shops
- Beaune, a medieval walled town and its famous Hôtel-Dieu (15th century hospices)
- Clos de Vougeot, a wall-enclosed vineyard where Cistercian monks first started making wine in the 12th century
- Bouchard Père et Fils, famous winery for gastronomic lunch and Grand Crus and Premier Crus wine tasting
- Châteauneuf-en-Auxois and its medieval castle
- Local wineries for private wine tasting
- All gourmet meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 6 crew members
- Transfers between Paris and L’Impressionniste
- Cruise from April to October/Sunday departures
- Short cruises available from 3 nights
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & L’Impressionniste = 3 hours 15 minutes.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 2:30 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 2:30 pm OR a local TGV station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic;Magret de Canard au Ratafia de Bourgogne; Poulet à L'Estragon;Filet de Boeuf Charolais avec Sauce Epoisses
Domaine Laroche, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bruno Clair, Marsannay; Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils, Meursault ‘Les Clous’; Domaine Comte Georges de Vôgué, Musigny; Château de la Saule, Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Ladoix ‘Les Clous d’Orge’
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin; Le Petit Vougeot
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Fleurey-sur-Ouche to Escommes
Sunday, Day 1
Guests are met at the Hotel Westminster in Paris and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to the elegant L’Impressionniste. A champagne reception welcomes you on board and the opportunity to meet the captain and crew. Then enjoy your first dinner on board.
Monday, Day 2
This morning, experience your first day's cruise along this enchanting canal, which also promises a walk or cycle along an ever-present towpath past sleepy villages and pretty lock houses. After lunch we visit Clos de Vougeot, headquarters of the esteemed Chevaliers du Tastevin, who award a special prized label to the finest Côte d‘Or vintages every year. On the way back to the hotel barge we enjoy a tasting of fine Burgundy wines in the reputable domaine, Château André Ziltener, a family-run winery built on the foundations of an old Cistercian abbey. Dinner on board.
Tuesday, Day 3
After breakfast, enjoy a walking tour of old Dijon, including a visit to the vivid produce markets, mustard shops and the impressive Notre-Dame de Dijon, or enjoy some excellent shopping time. Return to the hotel barge for lunch and a leisurely afternoon cruise to La Bussière and perhaps a walk or bicycle ride to the next lock or two. Dinner on board.
Wednesday, Day 4
After a short morning cruise, we set off on a drive through the vineyards, stopping en route at the “vigne de l’enfant Jesus”, a famous vineyard owned by the Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils. There, a wine expert will give us a real insight into the domaine’s production of its Grand Cru and Premier Cru wines. We continue to Beaune, capital of Burgundy wine country, for a winery tour and private tasting of Bouchard Père et Fils wines before enjoying a gastronomic lunch in the orangery of Château de Beaune, owned by the winery since 1820. Afterwards, we visit the fascinating 15th century Hôtel-Dieu Hospice and explore the town, before returning to the barge for a short evening cruise to Pont d’Ouche. Dinner on board.
Thursday, Day 5
After breakfast, we cruise to Vandenesse-en-Auxois, passing grazing white Charolais cattle, rolling hills and picturesque villages, crossing the only aqueduct on the Burgundy Canal. After lunch on board, we visit the medieval village, craft shops and castle of Châteauneuf-en-Auxois, once an outpost of the Dukes of Burgundy and offering a fine overview of the feeder lakes, canal and surrounding countryside. Dinner on board.
Friday, Day 6
Our last day’s leisurely cruise takes us to the canal summit, 1,250 feet above sea level, just before the Pouilly tunnel. This afternoon we visit Château de Bussy-Rabutin and see the portrait gallery created by the disgraced courtier of King Louis XIV, before strolling through the gardens and enjoying views of the château surrounded by its moat. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Saturday, Day 7
After breakfast, guests are transferred to the Hotel Westminster in Paris.
L'Impressionniste Deck Plan
- 6 crew
- 39 metres long
- 2 Junior Suites (13-14 sqm)
- 4 en-suite cabins (10-12 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with spa pool
- 12 bicycles available on board
- DVD player, TV and telescope
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
10% off per cabin on April 8, 15, 22 & 29
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before April 8, 15, 22 3,915 Euros 4,041 Euros 1,600 Euros 5 January 2018 April 29 4,581 Euros 4,671 Euros 1,850 Euros 5 January 2018 May 6, 13, 20, 27 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 1, 8, 15 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 22, 29 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros August 5, 12, 19 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros August 26 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros October 7, 14, 21 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
10% off per charter on April 8, 15, 22 & 29
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl Book Before April 8, 15, 22 39,600 Euros 40,860 Euros 41,850 Euros 42,840 Euros 43,830 Euros 5 January 2018 April 29 45,810 Euros 47,340 Euros 48,510 Euros 49,680 Euros 50,850 Euros 5 January 2018 May 6, 13, 20, 27 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 1, 8, 15 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 22, 29 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 5, 12, 19 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 26 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Golf Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 500 Euros per passenger Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 4,300 Euros per charter Family Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl None
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. *Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!