€44,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeLIFAM0816
- ItineraryFleurey-sur-Ouche to Escommes
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Fleurey-sur-Ouche and EscommesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Embark on a relaxing journey as you and your family travel from Fleurey-sur-Ouche to Escommes with the beautiful L'Impressionniste! This cruise package allows you to visit some of the interesting historical places like Clos de Vougeot, the old Dijon, Beaune and many more! You'll definitely find everything you need for a wonderful family vacation!
- Visit Clos de Vougeot, a wall-enclosed vineyard in Burgundy
- Walking tour of old Dijon
- Explore the magnificent 12th century Abbaye de la Bussiere
- Visit the vineyards of Beaune
- Cruise around the canal summit, 1250 feet above sea level
- Visit Chateau de Commarin
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 6 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Nordic walking sticks (on request)
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio and iPod docking station
- Guest iPods
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & L’Impressionniste = 3 hours 15 minutes.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 2:30 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 2:30 pm OR a local TGV station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic;Magret de Canard au Ratafia de Bourgogne; Poulet à L'Estragon;Filet de Boeuf Charolais avec Sauce Epoisses
Domaine Laroche, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bruno Clair, Marsannay; Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils, Meursault ‘Les Clous’; Domaine Comte Georges de Vôgué, Musigny; Château de la Saule, Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Ladoix ‘Les Clous d’Orge’
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin; Le Petit Vougeot
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Fleurey-sur-Ouche to Escommes
Day 1, Sunday
You are met at the designated meeting point and transferred to the elegant L’Impressionniste moored in Fleurey-sur-Ouche for your cruise through Burgundy. A Champagne reception welcomes you on board and provides you with a chance to meet the crew. Game of Boules on the tow path before dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning experience your first day’s cruise along this enchanting canal, which also promises a walk or cycle along an ever-present towpath cruising past villages and pretty lock houses.
After lunch we visit Clos de Vougeot, headquarters of the esteemed Chevaliers du Tastevin, who award every year a special prized label to the finest Cote d‘Or vintages. On the way back to the barge visit one of the great cellars of Burgundy where we enjoy a private tasting of fine Burgundy wines. If your family prefers then we have another choice of activities instead of the wine visit. Horse riding, Go Karting, Bowling or the fantastic Aqua Park in Dijon Toison. Dinner on board. (Horse riding and Go Karting at clients expense on the day)
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, enjoy a walking tour of old Dijon including a visit to the vivid produce markets, mustard shops and the impressive Notre Dame de Dijon, or enjoy some excellent shopping time. Alternatively Park de L’Auxois or canoeing in St Marie sur Ouche. Return to the boat for lunch and leisurely afternoon cruise to La Bussiere. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
After a morning cruise to Pont D’Ouche, an exclusive tour of the magnificent 12th century Abbaye de la Bussiere. The ornamental gardens and lake, wine press, crypt and cellars are interwoven with ancient colonnades, stone staircases and huge stained glass windows. After a Kir Royale aperitif, we enjoy the gastronomic delights of Master Chef Emmanuel Hebrard in the Bistro or Garden Restaurant whilst enjoying a selection of local burgundies.
Mid afternoon, we visit the medieval village, craft shops and castle of Chateauneuf-en-Auxois, once an outpost of the Dukes of Burgundy and offering a fine overview of the feeder lakes, canal and surrounding countryside. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
After breakfast we cruise to La Repe, passing grazing white Charolais cattle, rolling hills and picturesque villages crossing the only canal bridge on the Burgundy Canal. In the afternoon we drive cross the premier cru vineyards into Beaune, capital of Burgundy wine country with a history going back over 2000 years. We absorb the fascinating 15th century Hotel Dieu Hospice and visit an excellent Burgundy winery and sample some of the local wines. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Our last day’s leisurely cruise takes us to the canal summit, 1250 feet above sea level, just before the Pouilly tunnel. This afternoon we visit the moat-encircled 13th century Chateau de Commarin. Going back 26 generations, the de Vogue family ownership portrays an insight into the glamorous lives of the French aristocracy as well as showing off the Chateau, stables and landscaped gardens. Alternatively tree climbing in Morvan and/or tennis in Pouilly en Auxois. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast disembark the barge and transfer the designated drop off point.
L'Impressionniste Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 12 passengers
- 6 crew
- 2 Junior Suites (143 to 152 sq ft)
- 4 state rooms ( 110 to 127 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 12 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- 2 Air-conditioned minibuses
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on June 10; July 8 & 29; August 19 & 26
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before May 27 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 3, 17, 24 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 10 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 July 1, 15 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 8 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 July 22 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros July 29 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros None 25 June 2018 August 5, 12 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros August 19 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros 1,600 Euros 25 June 2018 August 26 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros October 7, 14, 21 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl May 27 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 1, 8, 15 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 22, 29 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 5, 12, 19 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 26 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Family Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl None
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!