€44,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeLIMWIN0816
- ItineraryFleurey-sur-Ouche to Escommes
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Fleurey-sur-Ouche and EscommesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Wine enthusiasts will enjoy this 6-night wine cruise in Burgundy on board L'Impressionniste. Visit the most famed vineyards and wineries of the region and enjoy wine tasting sessions. Explore Clos de Vougeot, the largest vineyard in Cote de Nuits with a Grand Cru designation. Enjoy a walking tour of Dijon, Hotel Dieu Hospice and the Chateauneuf-en-Auxois.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein, one per cabin booked.
- Visit Clos de Vougeot, a vineyard created by Cistercian monks.
- Wine tastings in the cellars of renowned Burgundy domaines
- Tour Dijon and its markets
- Explore Château de Bussy-Rabutin
- Tour and tasting at Bouchard Pere et Fils winery and lunch in its chateau
- Visit Beaune and its Hospices de Beaune
- Tour the medieval Château de Châteauneuf-en-Auxois
- Excellent towpath for walking and biking
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 6 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Nordic walking sticks (on request)
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio and iPod docking station
- Guest iPods
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & L’Impressionniste = 3 hours 15 minutes.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 2:30 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 2:30 pm OR a local TGV station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic;Magret de Canard au Ratafia de Bourgogne; Poulet à L'Estragon;Filet de Boeuf Charolais avec Sauce Epoisses
Domaine Laroche, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bruno Clair, Marsannay; Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils, Meursault ‘Les Clous’; Domaine Comte Georges de Vôgué, Musigny; Château de la Saule, Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Ladoix ‘Les Clous d’Orge’
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin; Le Petit Vougeot
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Fleurey-sur-Ouche to Escommes
Day 1, Sunday
Meet at the designated meeting point and transferred to the elegant L’Impressionniste moored in Fleurey-sur-Ouche for your cruise through Burgundy. The Captain and his crew will be there to welcome you with a champagne reception on board. Then enjoy your first dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning experience your first day’s cruise along this enchanting canal, which also promises a walk or cycle along an ever-present towpath cruising past sleepy villages and pretty lock houses. Late morning, our expert wine guide joins the barge to give an introductory talk on the vineyards of Burgundy and during an on-board wine tasting, ensures that everyone has mastered their tasting technique! In the afternoon, he takes us on a visit to Clos de Vougeot, headquarters of the esteemed Chevaliers du Tastevin, who annually award prized special labels to the finest Côte d‘Or vintages. Driving past legendary Grand Cru vineyards, we also pay homage at the fields of Romanée Conti, then stop at the family-run Domaine Jafflin in the heart of Nuits-St-Georges on the Route des Grands Crus. A tour of their cellars is followed by a tasting of their exceptional Pinot Noirs including Vosne Romanée, Nuits St George and Gevrey Chambertin. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, we enjoy a leisurely cruise to La Bussiére-sur-Ouche with perhaps a walk or bicycle ride to the next lock or two. Following lunch on board, we embark on a walking tour of old Dijon, including a visit to the vivid flower and produce markets, mustard shops and the impressive Notre-Dame de Dijon, or enjoy some excellent shopping time. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
After a short morning cruise, we set off on a drive through premier cru vineyards, stopping en route at the “vigne de l’enfant Jesus”, a famous vineyard owned by the Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils. There, we will find out more about the domaine and gain a real insight into the production of its Grand Cru and Premier Cru wines. We continue to Beaune, capital of Burgundy wine country, for a winery tour and private tasting of Bouchard Père et Fils wines before enjoying a gastronomic lunch in the delightful orangery of Château de Beaune, owned by the winery since 1820. Afterwards, we visit the fascinating 15th century Hôtel-Dieu Hospice and explore the quaint shops of the town, before returning to the barge for a short evening cruise to Pont d’Ouche. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
After breakfast, we cruise to Vandenesse-en-Auxois, past grazing white Charolais cattle, rolling hills and picturesque villages, crossing the only canal bridge on the Burgundy Canal. Later, our wine guide joins us again and we drive from the barge through wooded hillsides out into the world famous vineyards of the Côte de Beaune. After making a stop in the Grand Cru vineyards of Le Montrachet, we visit a domaine in the village of Puligny-Montrachet where we enjoy a private cellar tour and a tasting of some of the world’s greatest white wines. There should also be time to visit the medieval village, craft shops and castle of Châteauneuf-en-Auxois, once an outpost of the Dukes of Burgundy and offering a fine overview of the canal and surrounding countryside. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Our last day’s leisurely cruise takes us to the canal summit, 1,250 feet above sea level, just before the Pouilly tunnel. This afternoon we visit Château de Bussy-Rabutin, once the home of the Comte Roger de Bussy-Rabutin who was exiled to his estate due in part to his scandalous lifestyle and satirical chronicles of French nobility which found him in great disfavour with King Louis XIV. There is time to stroll through the French-style gardens and enjoy the views of the château surrounded by its moat. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast disembark the barge and transfer to the designated drop off point.
L'Impressionniste Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 12 passengers
- 6 crew
- 2 Junior Suites (143 to 152 sq ft)
- 4 state rooms ( 110 to 127 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 12 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- 2 Air-conditioned minibuses
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on June 10; July 8 & 29; August 19 & 26
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before May 27 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 3, 17, 24 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 10 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 July 1, 15 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 8 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 July 22 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros July 29 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros None 25 June 2018 August 5, 12 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros August 19 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros 1,600 Euros 25 June 2018 August 26 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros October 7, 14, 21 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl May 27 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 1, 8, 15 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 22, 29 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 5, 12, 19 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 26 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 4,300 Euros per charter
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!