€45,200 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeLIMWIN0816
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Fleurey-sur-Ouche and EscommesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Wine enthusiasts will enjoy this 6-night wine cruise in Burgundy on board L'Impressionniste. Visit the most famed vineyards and wineries of the region and enjoy wine tasting sessions. Explore Clos de Vougeot, the largest vineyard in Cote de Nuits with a Grand Cru designation. Enjoy a walking tour of Dijon, Hotel Dieu Hospice and the Chateauneuf-en-Auxois.
- Introductory talk on Burgundy's vineyards and on-board wine tasting
- Visit Clos de Vougeot, a vineyard created by Cistercian monks.
- Wine tastings in the cellars of renowned Burgundy domaines
- Tour Dijon and its markets
- Visit to Château de Commarin
- Tour and tasting at Bouchard Pere et Fils winery and lunch in its chateau
- Visit Beaune and its Hospices de Beaune
- Tour the medieval Château de Châteauneuf-en-Auxois
- Excellent towpath for walking and biking
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 6 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Nordic walking sticks (on request)
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio and iPod docking station
- Guest iPods
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & L’Impressionniste = 3 hours 15 minutes.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 2:30 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 2:30 pm OR a local TGV station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic;Magret de Canard au Ratafia de Bourgogne; Poulet à L'Estragon;Filet de Boeuf Charolais avec Sauce Epoisses
Domaine Laroche, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bruno Clair, Marsannay; Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils, Meursault ‘Les Clous’; Domaine Comte Georges de Vôgué, Musigny; Château de la Saule, Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Ladoix ‘Les Clous d’Orge’
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin; Le Petit Vougeot
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Fleurey-sur-Ouche to Escommes
Day 1, Sunday
You are met at the designated meeting point and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to the elegant L’Impressionniste. A champagne reception welcomes you on board and you will meet the captain and crew. You'll then enjoy your first dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning you'll experience your first day’s cruise along this enchanting canal, which also promises a walk or cycle along an ever-present towpath cruising past sleepy villages and pretty lock houses. Late morning, an expert wine guide joins the barge to give an introductory talk on the vineyards of Burgundy and during an on-board wine tasting, ensures that everyone has mastered their tasting technique! In the afternoon, he takes you on a visit to Clos de Vougeot, headquarters of the esteemed Chevaliers du Tastevin, who annually award prized special labels to the finest Côte d‘Or vintages. Driving past legendary Grand Cru vineyards, you'll also pay homage at the fields of Romanée Conti, then stop at the family-run Domaine Jafflin in the heart of Nuits-St-Georges on the Route des Grands Crus. A tour of their cellars is followed by a tasting of their exceptional Pinot Noirs including Vosne Romanée, Nuits St Georges and Gevrey Chambertin. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, enjoy a walking tour of old Dijon, including a visit to the vivid produce markets, mustard shops and the impressive Notre-Dame de Dijon, or enjoy some excellent shopping time. Return to the hotel barge for lunch and a leisurely afternoon cruise to La Bussière and perhaps a walk or bicycle ride to the next lock or two. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
After a short morning cruise, you'll set off on a drive through the vineyards, stopping en route at the “vigne de l’enfant Jesus”, a famous vineyard owned by the Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils. There, a wine expert will give you a real insight into the domaine’s production of its Grand Cru and Premier Cru wines. You'll continue to Beaune, capital of Burgundy wine country, for a winery tour and private tasting of Bouchard Père et Fils wines before enjoying a gastronomic lunch in the orangery of Château de Beaune, owned by the winery since 1820. Afterwards, you'll visit the fascinating 15th century Hôtel-Dieu Hospice and explore the town, before returning to the barge for a short evening cruise to Pont d’Ouche. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
After breakfast, you will cruise to Vandenesse, past grazing white Charolais cattle, rolling hills and picturesque villages, crossing the only canal bridge on the Burgundy Canal. Later, your wine guide will join you again and you'll drive from the barge through wooded hillsides out into the world famous vineyards of the Côte de Beaune. After making a stop in the Grand Cru vineyards of Le Montrachet, you'll visit a domaine in the village of Puligny-Montrachet where you will enjoy a private cellar tour and a tasting of some of the world’s greatest white wines. There should also be time to visit the medieval village, craft shops and castle of Châteauneuf-en-Auxois, once an outpost of the Dukes of Burgundy and offering a fine overview of the feeder lakes, canal and surrounding countryside. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Your last day’s leisurely cruise takes you to the canal summit, 1,250 feet above sea level, just before the Pouilly tunnel. This afternoon you will visit the moat-encircled Château de Commarin where you are lucky enough to enjoy a private tour, accompanied by none other than Count Bertrand de Vogue, the current resident and 26th generation of the de Vogue family to maintain continuous residence since the 13th century. Count de Vogue will offer insight into the Château’s fascinating history, after which guests can explore the regal interior, rustic stables and surrounding gardens. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast disembark the barge and transfer to the designated drop off point.
L'Impressionniste Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 12 passengers
- 6 crew
- 2 Junior Suites (143 to 152 sq ft)
- 4 state rooms ( 110 to 127 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 12 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- 2 Air-conditioned minibuses
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
20% off per cabin on April 14 & 21; May 5, 12 & 19
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite pe person Single Supplement Book Before April 7 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros April 14, 21 3,592 Euros 3,672 Euros 1,650 Euros 18 February 2019 April 28 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros May 5, 12, 19 4,200 Euros 4,280 Euros 1,650 Euros 18 February 2019 May 26 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros July 7, 14 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros July 21, 28 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros August 4, 11, 18 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros August 25 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros October 6, 13, 20 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl April 7, 14, 21 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros April 28 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros May 5, 12, 19, 26 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros July 7, 14 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros July 21, 28 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros August 4, 11, 18 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros August 25 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros October 6, 13, 20 45,200 Euros 54,300 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Wine Appreciation Charter 12 ppl 5,000 Euros per charter
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!