€4,350 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTLBE0816
- ItineraryVenarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesBonus Each cabin booked receives a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein.Itinerary Cruise between Venarey-les-Laumes andTanlay.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
The classic La Belle Epoque can accommodate up to 12 passengers. She features beautiful 2 Junior Suites and 4 state rooms with en-suite facilities, spacious salon/dining room and sun deck with spa pool. Your captain leads a friendly crew of six including a master chef, deck hand, tour guide and two hostesses.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey, one per cabin booked.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to
- Abbaye de Fontenay, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Chablis winery for private wine tasting
- Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, quaint Burgundy village and film location of ‘Chocolat’ (2000)
- Forges de Buffon, an industrial heritage masterpiece built in 1768
- Château d’Ancy-le-Franc, a 16th century masterpiece
- Noyers-sur-Serein, classed as one of the ‘most beautiful villages of France’, and its market
- Optional: hot air balloon tour
- All meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 6 crew members
- Transfers between Paris and La Belle Epoque
- Cruise from March to October/Sunday departures
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & La Belle Epoque = 2.5 hours
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 1:45 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 1:45 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic; Magret de Canar; Poulet à L'Estragon
Fers Saint Eloi Grande Cuvée Fleurie; Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Moulin à Vent; Domaine Michelo; Meursault
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Venarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
Day 1, Sunday
You will meet at the assigned meeting point in Paris then transfer to a barge moored in Venarey-les-Laumes. Enjoy a welcome champagne and canapés. After you settle into your cabin, enjoy a sumptuous dinner aboard.
Day 2, Monday
After breakfast, explore the picturesque village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain. It is listed as one of the most beautiful villages of France. The village is filled with ramparts, cobblestone streets and fortified gates. It is known as producer of anise-flavored candy called Anise de Flavigny. The village is also the shooting location of the movie Chocolat. You can also tour Semur-en-Auxious and Alesia.
After lunch, cruise through rolling fields and woodlands. You have great walking and biking opportunities in the canal side villages of Noget, Courcelles and Les Granges. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
Today’s cruise will take you to Abbaye de Fontenay, passing by Forges de Buffon. Abbaye de Fontenay is a Cisterian abbey founded in 1118 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to the barge and continue to Ravieries. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
In the morning, visit Noyers-sur, a medieval village and listed as one of the most beautiful villages of France. The village has a well-preserved medieval centre.
Return to the barge and enjoy lunch on board. You afternoon cruise will take you to Ancy-le-Franc passing by the Charcolais cattle. Dinner ashore at a local restaurant.
Day 5, Thursday
Visit Château d’Ancy-le-Franc. This beautiful chateau contains the biggest collection of Renaissance murals. In the afternoon, continue the cruise along the Burgundy Canal, and then moor at Lezinnes. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
After breakfast, enjoy a cruise to your final stop at Tanlay. You can cycle or walk into the village of Saint Vinnemer. After lunch, tour the vineyards and town of Chablis. Chablis is known for producing the famous French white wines. Enjoy a private wine tasting at a famous winemaker such as Domaine Régnard. You can also tour the nearby Château de Tanlay before a final dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark La Belle Epoque. Transfer to the assigned drop-off point in Paris.
La Belle Epoque Deck Plan
- 6 crew
- 39 metres long
- 2 Junior Suites (14-15 sqm)
- 4 en-suite cabins (12 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with spa pool
- 12 bicycles available on board
- CD player, iPod dock, telescope and books
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 22, May 6 & 20. 10% off per cabin on June 17.
No single supplement on April 22 & May 6
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before April 1, 8, 15 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros April 22 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros None 3 April 2018 April 29 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros May 6, 20 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros. None on May 6 3 April 2018 May 13, 27 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 3, 10, 24 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 17 4,581 Euros 4,671 Euros 1,850 Euros 3 April 2018 July 1, 8, 15 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 22, 29 3,915 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros August 5, 12, 19 4,350 Euros 4,090 Euros 1,600 Euros August 26 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros October 7, 14, 21 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 8 & 29, May 13. 10% off per charter on July 15; August 5 & 26.
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl Book Before April 1, 15, 22 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros April 8 35,200 Euros 36,320 Euros 37,200 Euros 38,080 Euros 38,960 Euros 3 April 2018 April 29 40,720 Euros 42,080 Euros 43,120 Euros 44,160 Euros 45,200 Euros 3 April 2018 May 6, 20, 27 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros May 13 40,720 Euros 42,080 Euros 43,120 Euros 44,160 Euros 45,200 Euros 3 April 2018 June 3, 10, 17, 24 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 1, 8 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 15 45,810 Euros 47,340 Euros 48,510 Euros 49,680 Euros 50,850 Euros 3 April 2018 July 22, 29 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 5 39,600 Euros 40,860 Euros 41,850 Euros 42,840 Euros 43,830 Euros 3 April 2018 August 12, 19 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 26 45,810 Euros 47,340 Euros 48,510 Euros 49,680 Euros 50,850 Euros 3 April 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available For Supplement per charter Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 4,300 Euros Walking Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 3,000 Euros Family Burgundy Charter up to 12 to 20 ppl None
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Walking cruises include daily walking with a professional walking guide.
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!