€4,350 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTLBE0816
- ItineraryVenarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesBonus Each cabin booked receives a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein.Itinerary Cruise between Venarey-les-Laumes andTanlay.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
The classic La Belle Epoque can accommodate up to 12 passengers. She features beautiful 2 Junior Suites and 4 state rooms with en-suite facilities, spacious salon/dining room and sun deck with spa pool. Your captain leads a friendly crew of six including a master chef, deck hand, tour guide and two hostesses.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey, one per cabin booked.
- Free hotel night at Hotel Westminster for charter bookings on available dates in 2018. Book on or before May 14th, 2018. This offer is combinable with other advertised promotions.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to
- Abbaye de Fontenay, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Chablis winery for private wine tasting
- Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, quaint Burgundy village and film location of ‘Chocolat’ (2000)
- Forges de Buffon, an industrial heritage masterpiece built in 1768
- Château d’Ancy-le-Franc, a 16th century masterpiece
- Noyers-sur-Serein, classed as one of the ‘most beautiful villages of France’, and its market
- Optional: hot air balloon tour
- All meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 6 crew members
- Transfers between Paris and La Belle Epoque
- Cruise from March to October/Sunday departures
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & La Belle Epoque = 2.5 hours
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 1:45 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 1:45 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic; Magret de Canar; Poulet à L'Estragon
Fers Saint Eloi Grande Cuvée Fleurie; Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Moulin à Vent; Domaine Michelo; Meursault
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Venarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at our meeting point in central Paris** and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to La Belle Epoque. A full crew Welcome Aboard with champagne and canapés. After time to settle into your cabin you will enjoy your first dinner on board and an introduction to Burgundy’s excellent cuisine.
Day 2, Monday
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast, then we cruise through woodlands and rolling fields with great towpath biking and walking opportunities past the tiny canalside villages of Nogent, Courcelles and Les Granges. After lunch, we enjoy either a stroll around the hilltop village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, where the film ‘Chocolat’ was set, or a tour of the medieval town of Semur-en-Auxois. On the way from the summit of Mount Auxois, we also look at Alesia, where the last battle between the Gauls and Romans took place in 52 B.C. and visit the impressive museum. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
Morning cruise with excellent towpath walking or cycling, passing the 18th century Forges de Buffon. Then after lunch we escort you to the exquisite UNESCO World Heritage Site of Abbaye de Fontenay founded by St Bernard in 1118. Representing a distinctive example of early Cistercian architecture and virtually intact, Fontenay allows an exceptional glimpse of Cistercian life and industry with its peaceful gardens, ponds and fascinating cloisters, dormitories and scriptorium. Return to the barge and cruise to Ravières. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
A truly unique day lies ahead. Following breakfast aboard we head to Les Riceys, the only wine growing area of the Champagne region to have 3 Appellation d’Origine Contrôlées. Here we visit the Maison Alexandre Bonnet for a private champagne tasting, a family owned Champagne house renowned for a stunning yearly harvest of Pinot Noir that leads to some utterly exquisite vintages. After you’ve tasted an array of champagnes we take a short drive to Château de Ricey-Bas; with its 12th century vaulted cellars and thousand year history it’s the ideal location to appreciate the rolling vineyards and enjoy a glimpse of family life in a rural château. Here we will be greeted for a Champagne aperitif and a gourmet lunch with the Baroness herself, which we take in either the private salon or the atmospheric vaulted 13th century kitchen. We will spend the remainder of the afternoon strolling the beautiful gardens or exploring the regal château interiors. Upon your return to the barge we’ll begin our cruise to Ancy-le-Franc, with plenty of opportunity to walk or cycle along the towpath… or sit on deck with another glass of bubbly! Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
This morning, we visit Château d’Ancy-le-Franc. This beautifully symmetrical, 16th century masterpiece contains France’s biggest collection of Renaissance murals and is set in magnificent gardens and parkland. In the afternoon, a gentle cruise as your hotel barge continues along the Burgundy Canal and descends through the picturesque locks to moor at Lezinnes. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
After breakfast, we enjoy a leisurely cruise to our final mooring at Tanlay, with the opportunity to cycle or walk into the picturesque village of Saint Vinnemer. Following lunch, we tour the vineyards and town of Chablis, dating back to Roman times and enjoy a private wine tasting at a renowned winemaker such as the family-run Domaine Jean Marc Brocard, which makes the most of the region’s wonderful local terroir to produce high quality wines, before returning to the barge for Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, guests are transferred to Paris**.
**Note: Other locations available for private charter bookings.
La Belle Epoque Deck Plan
- 6 crew
- 39 metres long
- 2 Junior Suites (14-15 sqm)
- 4 en-suite cabins (12 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with spa pool
- 12 bicycles available on board
- CD player, iPod dock, telescope and books
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
10% off per cabin on April 22; May 6; July 1 & 29 & August 12. 20% off per cabin on June 17.
No single supplement on April 22, May 6 & June 17.
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before April 8, 15 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros April 22 3,915 Euros 4,041 Euros None 14 May 2018 April 29 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros May 6 4,581 Euros 4,671 Euros None 14 May 2018 May 13, 20, 27 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 3, 10, 24 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 17 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros None 14 May 2018 July 1 4,581 Euros 4,671 Euros 1,850 Euros 14 May 2018 July 8, 15 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 22, 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros July 29 3,915 Euros 4,041 Euros 1,600 Euros 14 May 2018 August 5, 19 4,350 Euros 4,090 Euros 1,600 Euros August 12 3,915 Euros 4,041 Euros 1,600 Euros 14 May 2018 August 26 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros October 7, 14, 21 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 29 & May 13. 10% off per charter on July 15 & August 5.
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl Book Before April 1, 8, 15, 22 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros April 29 40,720 Euros 42,080 Euros 43,120 Euros 44,160 Euros 45,200 Euros 14 May 2018 May 6, 20, 27 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros May 13 40,720 Euros 42,080 Euros 43,120 Euros 44,160 Euros 45,200 Euros 14 May 2018 June 3, 10, 17, 24 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 1, 8 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 15 45,810 Euros 47,340 Euros 48,510 Euros 49,680 Euros 50,850 Euros 14 May 2018 July 22, 29 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 5 39,600 Euros 40,860 Euros 41,850 Euros 42,840 Euros 43,840 Euros 14 May 2018 August 12, 19 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 26 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available For Supplement per charter Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 4,300 Euros Walking Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 3,000 Euros Family Burgundy Charter up to 12 to 20 ppl None
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Walking cruises include daily walking with a professional walking guide.
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!