€44,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeLBEFAM0816
- ItineraryVenarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesActivity Great family friendly destination with plenty of activities for the kids.Itinerary Cruise between Venarey-les-Laumes andTanlay.Activity Perfect area for swimmingActivity Water sports activitiesInclusion WiFi on board
An exciting family cruise that you'll surely love awaits you at Burgundy on board the classic La Belle Epoque. Satiate your cravings with Burgundy's excellent cuisine! Explore the picturesque villages of Saint Vinemer, Lezinnes and Argentenay. Everyone in the family will absolutely enjoy a variety of activities like kayaking, biking and swimming to try out during your visit in some interesting spots like the Le Parc Aventure Acrobatix, Lac de Marcenay and more!
- Stroll around the tow paths of Saint Vinemer
- Visit Chateau de Tanlay and Lac de Marcenay
- Enjoy Kayaking and Tree climbing at Le Parc Adventure Acrobatix
- Discover the activities at Loisirs en Morvan Parc Adventure
- Uncover the prehistoric cave paintings of Grottes d'Arcy sur Cure
- Explore the canal side of villages of Lezinnes, Argentenay and Saint Vinnemer
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 6 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Small library of books and maps
- Board games
- WiFi Internet access
- Nodic walking sticks (on request)
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio and iPod docking station
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & La Belle Epoque = 2.5 hours
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 1:45 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 1:45 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic; Magret de Canar; Poulet à L'Estragon
Fers Saint Eloi Grande Cuvée Fleurie; Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Moulin à Vent; Domaine Michelo; Meursault
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Venarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at the designated meeting point and transferred to the barge moored in Tanlay. A full crew welcome aboard with champagne and canapés. After time to settle into your cabin you are invited to join us for a first dinner on board and introduction to Burgundy’s excellent cuisine.
Day 2, Monday
Wake to the aromas of ground coffee and French patisseries, enjoy a leisurely breakfast and morning cruise to Lezinne with time to cycle or walk the tow paths into the picturesque 16th Century village of Saint Vinemer. After lunch there is a choice of visits. In fine weather safe swimming at Lac de Marcenay with lakeside beach or the local indoor municipal pool, or walk across to the 16th century Renaissance-style Chateau de Tanlay, nestling serenely within this picturesque village, which also boasts a challenging 9 hole golf course Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
This morning we can visit Le Parc Adventure Acrobatix with Kayaking and tree climbing available, before returning to the barge and enjoy a cruise down to Ancy le Franc with plenty of opportunity to wander or cycle as the vessel ascend through the locks cruise. Before dinner, wander or cycle around the village and across to the 16th century Renaissance Chateau d’Ancy le Franc or enjoy a game of boules. Dinner on board. (Tree climbing is not included and should be paid on the day directly to the provider).
Day 4, Wednesday
All day visit to either Loisirs en Morvan Parc Adventure for Quad Biking and kayaking or the Amphitrite Centre with outside play pools for all ages with lunch in a local auberge or picnic lunch out. Return to the barge for on board. (Quad biking is not included and should be paid on the day directly to the provider).
Day 5, Thursday
This morning we drive for 30 minutes to the Grottes d’Arcy sur Cure with its network of underground caves and lakes formed from limestone with prehistoric Paleolithic cave paintings. Lunch on board and then in the afternoon we can go to the summit of Mt Auxois and we look at Alesia, the last battle site between the Gaulles and Romans that took place in 52 BC. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Morning cruise through woodlands and rolling fields with great towpath biking and walking opportunities past the tiny canal side villages of Lezinnes, Argentenay and Saint Vinnemer. This afternoon visit Parc L’Auxois and enjoy this wonderful animal zoo and science learning centre. Return to the barge for Captain's Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
Disembark after breakfast and transfer to the designated drop off point.
La Belle Epoque Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 12 passengers
- 6 crew
- 2 Junior Suites (150 to 165 sq ft)
- 4 state rooms (125 to 130 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 12 touring bikes/1 tandem on reuest
- 2 Air-conditioned minibuses
- WiFi (Subjec to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on June 17; July 1 & 29 & August 12
No single supplement on August 12
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before May 20, 27 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 3, 10, 17 24 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 17 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 July 1 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 July 8, 15 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 22 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros July 29 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros 1,600 Euros 25 June 2018 August 5, 19 4,350 Euros 4,090 Euros 1,600 Euros August 12 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros None 25 June 2018 August 26 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros October 7, 14, 21 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on July 15 & August 5
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl Book Before May 20, 27 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 1, 8 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 15 40,720 Euros 42,080 Euros 43,120 Euros 44,160 Euros 45,200 Euros 25 June 2018 July 22, 29 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 5 35,200 Euros 36,320 Euros 37,200 Euros 38,080 Euros 38,960 Euros 25 June 2018 August 12, 19 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 26 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available For Supplement per charter Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 4,300 Euros Walking Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 3,000 Euros Family Burgundy Charter up to 12 to 20 ppl None
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!