€44,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeLBLWAL0816
- ItineraryVenarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Venarey-les-Laumes andTanlay.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Experience a memorable cruise vacation to the awe-inspiring destinations in Burgundy such as the Abbaye de Fontenay, ancient town of Montbard, the beautiful village of Noyers-sur-Serein, Château d’Ancy-le-Franc and more! Also, take the opportunity to satisfy your palate with Burgundy's excellent cuisine. A perfect holiday that will leave you with memories of stunning sights!
Note: Walking themed cruises are charter only.
- A stroll around the hilltop village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain
- Walk along the ancient town of Montbard
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Abbaye de Fontenay
- Explore the medieval Noyers-sur-Serein
- Visit the ancient village of Chassignelles
- Discover the Chateau d'Ancy-le-Franc
- Wine tasting at a renowned winemaker such as the family-run Domaine Jean-Marc Brocard
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 6 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Small library of books and maps
- Board games
- WiFi Internet access
- Nodic walking sticks (on request)
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio and iPod docking station
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & La Belle Epoque = 2.5 hours
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 1:45 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 1:45 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic; Magret de Canar; Poulet à L'Estragon
Fers Saint Eloi Grande Cuvée Fleurie; Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Moulin à Vent; Domaine Michelo; Meursault
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Venarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at the designated meeting point in Paris and transferred by private air-conditioned minibus to La Belle Epoque. A full crew welcome aboard with champagne and canapés during which we hear about the week’s itinerary, its walks and activities. After time to settle into your cabin we gather for our first dinner on board - a wonderful introduction to Burgundy’s excellent cuisine.
Day 2, Monday
After a short cruise, we climb out of the valley as our first walk takes us past fields of Charolais cattle and through the hamlet of Benoisey. En route we have the best views of the week with stunning vistas across the valley of the Brenne and the Canal de Bourgogne, before we descend to meet the barge for lunch. Later, we enjoy either a stroll around the hilltop village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, where the film ‘Chocolat’ was set, or a tour of the medieval town of Semur-en-Auxois. On the way from the summit of Mount Auxois, we also look at Alesia, where the last battle between the Gauls and Romans took place in 52 B.C. and visit the impressive museum. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
Our walk this morning takes us through the ancient town of Montbard, passing by the Parc de Buffon, to enjoy the beauty of the forest. Then we escort you to the exquisite UNESCO World Heritage Site of Abbaye de Fontenay founded by St Bernard in 1118. Representing a distinctive example of early Cistercian architecture and virtually intact, Fontenay allows an exceptional glimpse of Cistercian life and industry with its peaceful gardens, ponds and fascinating cloisters, dormitories and scriptorium. We have our lunch back on board the barge then continue our cruise.
In the late afternoon, there is the option to take a walk through a medley of woodland, rolling fields and forest to a ruined castle perched on a hilltop. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
We enjoy a morning visit to medieval Noyers-sur-Serein to admire the local produce, colours and delights of the traditional French market, or to wander the town ramparts in this, one of the most beautiful villages in France.
We return to the barge and after lunch on board, we either enjoy a lazy cruise up to Ancy-le-Franc, or walk most of the way there on a circuitous route through the Burgundian countryside, passing by the ancient village of Chassignelles where we visit its 12th century fortified church. Dinner ashore at a local restaurant.
Day 5, Thursday
This morning we visit Château d’Ancy-le-Franc. This beautifully symmetrical, 16th century masterpiece contains France’s biggest collection of Renaissance murals and is set in magnificent gardens and parkland. In the afternoon, a gentle cruise as your hotel barge continues along the Burgundy Canal and descends through the picturesque locks to moor at Lezinnes. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
This morning our final walk takes us through pastoral, wooded landscapes and we return by minibus to the barge for lunch. For those wishing to stay on board, our cruise is through forests and landscapes ablaze with the gold, yellow and orange colours of Autumn, to our final mooring at Tanlay.
In the afternoon we tour the vineyards and town of Chablis, dating back to Roman times and enjoy a private wine tasting at a renowned winemaker such as the family-run Domaine Jean-Marc Brocard, which makes the most of the region’s wonderful local terroir to produce high quality wines. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark La Belle Epoque and transfer to the designated drop off point in Paris.
La Belle Epoque Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 12 passengers
- 6 crew
- 2 Junior Suites (150 to 165 sq ft)
- 4 state rooms (125 to 130 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 12 touring bikes/1 tandem on reuest
- 2 Air-conditioned minibuses
- WiFi (Subjec to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on June 17; July 1 & 29 & August 12
No single supplement on August 12
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before May 20, 27 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 3, 10, 17 24 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 17 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 July 1 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros 25 June 2018 July 8, 15 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 22 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros July 29 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros 1,600 Euros 25 June 2018 August 5, 19 4,350 Euros 4,090 Euros 1,600 Euros August 12 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros None 25 June 2018 August 26 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros October 7, 14, 21 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on July 15 & August 5
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl Book Before May 20, 27 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 1, 8 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 15 40,720 Euros 42,080 Euros 43,120 Euros 44,160 Euros 45,200 Euros 25 June 2018 July 22, 29 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 5 35,200 Euros 36,320 Euros 37,200 Euros 38,080 Euros 38,960 Euros 25 June 2018 August 12, 19 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 26 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available For Supplement per charter Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 4,300 Euros Walking Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 3,000 Euros Family Burgundy Charter up to 12 to 20 ppl None
Walking cruises include daily walking with a professional walking guide.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!