€45,200 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeLBLWAL0816
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Venarey-les-Laumes andTanlay.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Experience a memorable cruise vacation to the awe-inspiring destinations in Burgundy such as the Abbaye de Fontenay, ancient town of Montbard, the beautiful village of Noyers-sur-Serein, Château d’Ancy-le-Franc and more! Also, take the opportunity to satisfy your palate with Burgundy's excellent cuisine. A perfect holiday that will leave you with memories of stunning sights!
Note: Walking themed cruises are charter only.
- A stroll around the hilltop village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain
- Walk along the ancient town of Montbard
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Abbaye de Fontenay
- Explore the medieval Noyers-sur-Serein
- Visit the ancient village of Chassignelles
- Discover the Chateau d'Ancy-le-Franc
- Wine tasting at a renowned winemaker such as the family-run Domaine Jean-Marc Brocard
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 6 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Small library of books and maps
- Board games
- WiFi Internet access
- Nodic walking sticks (on request)
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio and iPod docking station
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & La Belle Epoque = 2.5 hours
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 1:45 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 1:45 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic; Magret de Canar; Poulet à L'Estragon
Fers Saint Eloi Grande Cuvée Fleurie; Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Moulin à Vent; Domaine Michelo; Meursault
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Venarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at the designated meeting point in Paris and transferred by private air-conditioned minibus to La Belle Epoque. A full crew welcome aboard with champagne and canapés during which we hear about the week’s itinerary, its walks and activities. After time to settle into your cabin we gather for our first dinner on board - a wonderful introduction to Burgundy’s excellent cuisine.
Day 2, Monday
After a short cruise, we climb out of the valley as our first walk takes us past fields of Charolais cattle and through the hamlet of Benoisey. En route we have the best views of the week with stunning vistas across the valley of the Brenne and the Canal de Bourgogne, before we descend to meet the barge for lunch. Later, we enjoy either a stroll around the hilltop village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, where the film ‘Chocolat’ was set, or a tour of the medieval town of Semur-en-Auxois. On the way from the summit of Mount Auxois, we also look at Alesia, where the last battle between the Gauls and Romans took place in 52 B.C. and visit the impressive museum. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
Our walk this morning takes us through the ancient town of Montbard, passing by the Parc de Buffon, to enjoy the beauty of the forest. Then we escort you to the exquisite UNESCO World Heritage Site of Abbaye de Fontenay founded by St Bernard in 1118. Representing a distinctive example of early Cistercian architecture and virtually intact, Fontenay allows an exceptional glimpse of Cistercian life and industry with its peaceful gardens, ponds and fascinating cloisters, dormitories and scriptorium. We have our lunch back on board the barge then continue our cruise.
In the late afternoon, there is the option to take a walk through a medley of woodland, rolling fields and forest to a ruined castle perched on a hilltop. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
We enjoy a morning visit to medieval Noyers-sur-Serein to admire the local produce, colours and delights of the traditional French market, or to wander the town ramparts in this, one of the most beautiful villages in France.
We return to the barge and after lunch on board, we either enjoy a lazy cruise up to Ancy-le-Franc, or walk most of the way there on a circuitous route through the Burgundian countryside, passing by the ancient village of Chassignelles where we visit its 12th century fortified church. Dinner ashore at a local restaurant.
Day 5, Thursday
This morning, we visit Château d’Ancy-le-Franc. This beautifully symmetrical, 16th century masterpiece contains France’s biggest collection of Renaissance murals and is set in magnificent gardens and parkland. In the afternoon, a gentle cruise as your hotel barge continues along the Burgundy Canal and descends through the picturesque locks to moor at Lezinnes. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
This morning, our final walk takes us through pastoral, wooded landscapes and we return by minibus to the barge for lunch. For those wishing to stay on board, our cruise is through forests and landscapes ablaze with the gold, yellow and orange colours of Autumn, to our final mooring at Tanlay.
In the afternoon, we tour the vineyards and town of Chablis, dating back to Roman times and enjoy a private wine tasting at a renowned winemaker such as the family-run Domaine Jean-Marc Brocard, which makes the most of the region’s wonderful local terroir to produce high quality wines. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark La Belle Epoque and transfer to the designated drop off point in Paris.
La Belle Epoque Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 12 passengers
- 6 crew
- 2 Junior Suites (150 to 165 sq ft)
- 4 state rooms (125 to 130 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 12 touring bikes/1 tandem on reuest
- 2 Air-conditioned minibuses
- WiFi (Subjec to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
20% off per cabin on April 14 & 21; May 5. 10% off per cabin on May 26; June 16 & 30.
*No single supplement on April 14 & 21; May 5 & 26.
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite Single Supplement Book Before March 31 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros April 7 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros April 14, 21 3,592 Euros 3,672 Euros None 18 February 2019 April 28 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros May 5 4,200 Euros 4,280 Euros None 18 February 2019 May 12, 19 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros May 26 4,725 Euros 4,815 Euros None 18 February 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros July 7, 14 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros July 21, 28 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros August 4, 11, 18 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros August 25 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros October 6, 13, 20 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on March 31; April 28; May 12 & 19
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl Book Before March 31 36,160 Euros 37,280 Euros 38,160 Euros 39,040 Euros 39,920 Euros 18 February 2019 April 7, 14, 21 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros April 28 42,080 Euros 43,440 Euros 44,480 Euros 45,520 Euros 46,560 Euros 18 February 2019 May 5, 26 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros May 12, 19 42,080 Euros 43,440 Euros 44,480 Euros 45,520 Euros 46,560 Euros 18 February 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros July 7, 14 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros July 21, 28 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros August 4, 11, 18 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros August 25 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros October 6, 13, 20 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Walking Charter up to 12 ppl 3,250 Euros per charter
*Cannot be combined with any other special offers.
Walking cruises include daily walking with a professional walking guide.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!