€44,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeLBEWIN0816
- ItineraryVenarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Venarey-les-Laumes andTanlay.Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Cruise between Venarey-les-Laumes and Tanlay to delight yourself with wine tasting experiences and beautiful sceneries! Visit the Grand Cru vineyards of Chablis, a local Champagne producer in the picturesque town of Les Riceys and more! Take the opportunity to meander through the village of Noyers-sur-Serein and other historic sites. This wine experience while cruising is definitely a must try!
- Visit the Abbaye de Fontenay, a UNESCOWorld Heritage site
- Visit the charming town of Nuits St George
- Discover the 13th century cellar, Caveau des Arches
- Explore the beautiful village of Noyers-sur-Serein
- Tasting at an excellent local Champagne producer in Les Riceys
- Visit to the Grand Cru vineyards of Chablis
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 6 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Small library of books and maps
- Board games
- WiFi Internet access
- Nodic walking sticks (on request)
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio and iPod docking station
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & La Belle Epoque = 2.5 hours
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 1:45 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 1:45 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic; Magret de Canar; Poulet à L'Estragon
Fers Saint Eloi Grande Cuvée Fleurie; Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Moulin à Vent; Domaine Michelo; Meursault
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Venarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at the designated meeting point and transferred to the barge moored in Venarey-les-Laumes. A full crew welcome aboard with champagne and canapés. After time to settle into your cabin you are invited to join us for a first dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
Wake to the aromas of ground coffee and French patisseries, enjoy a leisurely breakfast and morning cruise through deep Burgundian countryside Late morning your wine guide joins the barge and while cruising introduces you to the wine regions you’ll be visiting during the week. While he talks you’ll be tasting samples of these wines.
After lunch we drive you to the exquisite World Heritage Unesco site of Abbey de Fontenay founded by St Bernard in 1118. Representing a distinctive example of early Cistercian architecture and virtually intact, Fontenay allows an exceptional glimpse of early Cistercian life and industry with its peaceful gardens and ponds and fascinating cloisters, dormitories and scriptorium. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
Leaving the barge shortly after breakfast we drive south to some of the most prestigious vineyards in the world. In the town of Nuits St George, we visit a small family wine producer to visit their cellar and taste some of their world renowned Pinot Noirs from villages, including Gevrey-Chambertin and Vosne-Romanée.
Lunch in a 13th century cellar (Caveau des Arches) in the medieval wine capital of Beaune. Siesta in the minibus and by mid afternoon return to the hotel barge and enjoy a cruise through the stunning Burgundian countryside. Light dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
Morning visit to Noyers to enjoy the vegetables, cheeses, colors and delights of the local market. Returning to the hotel barge we enjoy a lazy cruise gently down to Ancy le Franc with plenty of opportunity to wander or cycle as the vessel descends through the locks. Before dinner, wander around the village and across to the 16th century Renaissance Chateau d’Ancy le Franc. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
After breakfast we drive to the picturesque town of Les Riceys, the centre of Champagne producing region of the Aude. Visit and tasting at an excellent local Champagne producer followed by a wander around the old town centre. Back on the barge for lunch while cruising through woodlands and rolling fields with great towpath biking and walking opportunities past the tiny canal side villages. Late afternoon arriving in the lovely village of Lezinne. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Morning visit to the Grand Cru vineyards of Chablis where you get a wonderful view of these world famous Chardonnay vineyards. A brief history of the region is given then on to a great local wine producer to taste a selection of wines including 1er Premier Cru and Grand Cru’s. Return to the barge and after lunch, we cruise to Tanlay. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
Disembark after breakfast and transfer to the designated drop off point.
La Belle Epoque Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 12 passengers
- 6 crew
- 2 Junior Suites (150 to 165 sq ft)
- 4 state rooms (125 to 130 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 12 touring bikes/1 tandem on reuest
- 2 Air-conditioned minibuses
- WiFi (Subjec to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 22, May 6 & 20. 10% off per cabin on June 17.
No single supplement on April 22 & May 6
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before April 1, 8, 15 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros April 22 3,480 Euros 3,592 Euros None 3 April 2018 April 29 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros May 6, 20 4,072 Euros 4,152 Euros 1,850 Euros. None on May 6 3 April 2018 May 13, 27 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 3, 10, 24 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros June 17 4,581 Euros 4,671 Euros 1,850 Euros 3 April 2018 July 1, 8, 15 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros July 22, 29 3,915 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros August 5, 12, 19 4,350 Euros 4,090 Euros 1,600 Euros August 26 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,090 Euros 5,190 Euros 1,850 Euros October 7, 14, 21 4,350 Euros 4,490 Euros 1,600 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 8 & 29, May 13. 10% off per charter on July 15; August 5 & 26.
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl Book Before April 1, 15, 22 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros April 8 35,200 Euros 36,320 Euros 37,200 Euros 38,080 Euros 38,960 Euros 3 April 2018 April 29 40,720 Euros 42,080 Euros 43,120 Euros 44,160 Euros 45,200 Euros 3 April 2018 May 6, 20, 27 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros May 13 40,720 Euros 42,080 Euros 43,120 Euros 44,160 Euros 45,200 Euros 3 April 2018 June 3, 10, 17, 24 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 1, 8 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros July 15 45,810 Euros 47,340 Euros 48,510 Euros 49,680 Euros 50,850 Euros 3 April 2018 July 22, 29 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 5 39,600 Euros 40,860 Euros 41,850 Euros 42,840 Euros 43,830 Euros 3 April 2018 August 12, 19 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros August 26 45,810 Euros 47,340 Euros 48,510 Euros 49,680 Euros 50,850 Euros 3 April 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 50,900 Euros 52,600 Euros 53,900 Euros 55,200 Euros 56,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 44,000 Euros 45,400 Euros 46,500 Euros 47,600 Euros 48,700 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available For Supplement per charter Wine Appreciation Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 4,300 Euros Walking Burgundy Charter up to 12 ppl 3,000 Euros Family Burgundy Charter up to 12 to 20 ppl None
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!