€11,900 Per Person
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionBelgium & France /
- Cruise CodeLNE11N0816
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Bruges and Paris.Inclusion WiFi on board
Experience the best of Belgium and France on board the stylish La Nouvelle Etoile. The barge offers a classic, 11-night cruise from Bruges, Belgium and Paris, France. In Belgium, explore the historic cities of Bruges and Ghent. In France, visit the towns of Valenciennes, Amiens, Peronne, the village of Auvers-sur-Oise, Giverny and Malmaison. Your cruise ends in Paris.
- Explore the charming medieval city of Bruges, known as the Venice of the North.
- Tour of Ghent, a port city located in northwest of Belgim.
- Cruise along the River Schelde and visit the town of Tournay.
- Cruise along the beautiful Canal du Nord.
- Visit a war museum in Peronne.
- Excellent biking and walking opportunites.
- Visit the town of Compiegne.
- Visit the village of Auvers-sur-Oise where Van Gogh lived and worked.
- Tour of Claude Monet's home and gardens.
- Explore Chateau de Malmaison, Napoleon's last residence.
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board master chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks all wines served throughout the cruise
- Ecursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which include bicycles, DVD player, a PC and wireless internet access, an exercise room and a spa pool
- Gym (exercise room) on the lower deack with a treadmill, exercise bike and weights
- Electric sun canopy deck
- Pioneer sound system
- Coffee, tea and hot chocolate machine
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer durations on La Nouvelle Etoile are between 2 & 3 hours depending on the cruise route or itinerary, except for Holland cruises, when the transfers are approximately 45 minutes.
Actual pick-up times vary for each cruise on La Nouvelle Etoile depending on the combination of bookings and passengers choice. Therefore the actual pick-up time is not known at the time of booking and is advised approximately 8 weeks prior to departure.
Belgium to France - 11 night cruise:
- Pick-up point (cabin & charter bookings): Choice of location in either Bruges or Brussels, between 2:30 & 3:00 pm
- Drop-off point: (cabin & charter bookings): Choice of location in central Paris by 9:30 am
Charter groups may also choose Brussels airport for pick-up and Paris Charles de Gaulle airport for drop-off.
Medallions of Veal with a Girolles and Truffle Sauce, Breast of Duck with a Passion Fruit Glace, Crepes Suzette with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Domaine Henri Bourgeois, Pouilly Fumé; Château Davenay, Montagney; Domaine Laroche, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils, Santenay; Château La Rose Trintaudon, Haut Médoc
Munster; Brie de Meaux; Fourme d'Ambert; Chaource; Gouda; Leyden; Brokkel Ould; Aisy Cendré; Époisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Bruges to Paris
Day 1, Sunday
Meet in Bruges or Brussels and transferred to the hotel barge moored in the beautiful little town of Bruges, known as the “Venice of the North”. After a champagne welcome, you will visit Bruges for a city tour on one of the little canal boats which meander this picturesque town. Upon return to La Nouvelle Etoile, you’ll have time to relax and get ready for your first of many gourmet meals on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning, join a guided walking tour of Bruges with a local guide. Return to the hotel barge for lunch. In the afternoon, you’ll have some free time in Bruges. Later in the day you will cruise to Ghent. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, you will visit Ghent. Visit the cathedral with fabulous painting "The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” painted by the van Eyck brothers. Return to the hotel barge for a cruise up the River Schelde to the town of Oudenaarde where you will moor for the night. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
A morning cruise further up the River Schelde will take you to the ancient town of Tournay with its famous "Pont des Trous" (Bridge with Holes) used to collect tolls on the rivers in the old times. This afternoon you can stroll around Tournay before dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
You continue along the Schelde through the town of Valenciennes to the junction of the Canal du Nord at the little French village of Arleux. Along the way, you will visit the museum of fine arts in Valenciennes. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
You will begin your climb over the Vermandois Hills of Picardie through the many locks and several tunnels of the Canal du Nord. The scenery is spectacular, rural France at its best. There is a great towpath for the barge along the canal for a leisurely walk if you wish. After lunch, there will be a trip to Amiens to visit what must be one of the greatest of all Gothic cathedrals with its powerful towering spires and columns. Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, visit the war museum in Peronne. Upon return, you will continue on the Canal du Nord. There will be plenty of opportunities to walk or bike while the barge travels from lock to lock. The cruise now continues along the Canal du Nord as it drops down into the valley of the Somme River. Dinner on board.
Day 8, Sunday
After breakfast, you will cruise down to the Oise River valley to moor in the riverside town of Compiegne. There are many places to visit, including the train where the World War I armistice was signed, as well as the Royal Palace. Dinner on board.
Day 9, Monday
This morning you are now cruising down the Oise River valley where you will stop at the village of Auvers sur Oise. This charming village is a Van Gogh scene. This village is where he lived and painted most of his last and most important paintings, when he stayed in a small room above a local café. In the afternoon, walk around the town and visit the cemetery where Vincent and his brother are buried. Dinner on board.
Day 10, Tuesday
After a short morning cruise and an early lunch you will drive to Giverny to visit the home and gardens of Claude Monet, probably the most famous of all the impressionist painters. The gardens will be at their most beautiful at this time of year where you will see the famous lily pond and the Japanese bridge that inspired so many of his paintings. This evening, you'll moor for the night in Conflans, which is the junction of the Oise and Seine River. Dinner on board.
Day 11, Wednesday
This morning, cruise to Bougival and visit Malmaison, the home of Napoleon. Here, you’ll see its many lavishly decorated rooms furnished by Josephine. You will rejoin La Nouvelle Etoile for an afternoon cruise up the River Seine past the Eiffel Tower to your Paris mooring for the Captain's Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 12, Thursday
After breakfast, disembark La Nouvelle Etoile and transfer to your drop-off point in Paris.
La Nouvelle Etoile Deck Plan
- 129 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double state rooms with en-suite facilities (wheelchair accessible)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Excercise room
- Lift/Wheelchair access
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
Departure Dates Region Suite per person Single Supplement Charter 8 ppl March 31 Holland Tulip Cruise 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros April 7, 14, 21, 28 Holland Tulip Cruise 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros May 5 Holland Tulip Cruise 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros May 12 Holland - Belgium 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros May 19 Belgium - Paris (11 Nights) 11,900 Euros 5,950 Euros 91,000 Euros June 9, 16, 23, 30 Upper Loire & Burgundy 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros July 7 Paris - Champagne 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros July 28 Alsace & Lorraine 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros August 4, 11, 18 Alsace & Lorraine 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Luxembourg & Germany 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros October 6, 13 Luxembourg & Germany 7,190 Euros 3,550 Euros 91,000 Euros
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!