€31,000 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeLUCFAM1118
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin, double bed or single cabins) with en-suite bathroom Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deckInclusion Use of bicycles - including 4 electric bikes Itinerary Cruise between Auxerre and Clamecy.Activity Family friendly activities: wall climbing, canoeing, horse riding, zip-lining and tree climbingTransfers Transfers from/to the bargeInclusion WiFi on board
The Luciole combines pleasure cruising along the glorious Nivernais Canal with exciting activities that the whole family can enjoy. This family themed cruise offers thrills for every age with inclusions ranging from canoeing the River Yonne, to dramatic cave climbing, to treetop swinging in the picturesque Treigny. Alternative activities and excursions are also included, along with Luciole's signature excellent service, so your family can experience the ultimate cruising holiday in Burgundy.
- Zip-lining and tree climbing in Treigny
- Horse riding in Pesteau Equestrian Farm
- Wall climbing in the impressive Late Field Cave
- Canoeing in the enchanting River Cure
- Excursions to Auxerre, Noyers-sur-Serein, Vezelay, and Guedelon
- Cruising to Vincelles, Accolay, Mailly-le-Château, Lucy-sur-Yonne, and Clamecy
- Optional tour of Chateau of Bazoches and Roman Museum at Escolives
- Optional stop in one of the cafes in Noyers-sur-Serein
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise rate for individuals or charter of 8-12 passengers
- Up to 8 en-suite cabins available without single supplement
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles, library and music system, and sundeck
- Helmets, harness and other equipment needed in the activities
- All gourmet meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 6 crew members
- Transfers between Paris and Luciole in the barge's air-conditioned bus
- Cruise from April to October/Sunday departures
- Smoked salmon with capers & lemon; goat’s cheese and tomato tart; charcuterie board with green olives; chickpea and bean salad; roasted mixed pepper & courgette; green salad with croutons
- Mediterranean couscous; Burgundian gougère; mange tout & celeriac remoulade; cucumber ribbons & marinated artichokes; green bean and chorizo salad; feta & lambs lettuce salad; French bread & butter pudding
- Slow braised lamb croquant with lentil stew; crispy bacon & wild mushroom sauce; steamed cod with sauce vierge; lemon crushed violet potatoes; roasted celeriac & turnip matchsticks; Sticky toffee pudding with caramel ice cream
- Slow roasted butternut velouté; twice cooked pork belly with pork cheek; red wine braised cabbage; buttered baby carrots; French lemon tarte with lime sauce
- Chablis - Brocard 2012
- Irancy - Benoit Cantin 2014
- Vézelay - Henri de Vézelay 2011
- Chitry - Olivier Morin 2012
- Aligoté - Bersan 2011
- Chardonnay - Pascal Bouchard 2011
- Sancerre - Domaine Achieres 2013
- Melon - Coteaux de Tannay 2014
- Tavel rosé - Les Mesillons 2014
- Côtes d'Auxerre - Blanc 2014
- Comté & Valençay
- Morbier & Petit Billy
- Reblochon & Chaource
- Camembert & Livarot
- Cantal & Bresse Bleu
- Sauvignon Saint Bris - Tourelle 2014
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Auxerre to Clamecy
Day 1, Sunday
Rendezvous in Paris at a location of your choice with Luciole's representative at 2:15 pm then journey to Auxerre aboard the barge's private bus. The Luciole will be moored on the impressive river frontage of the city, overlooked by the Cathedral, the 13 - 15th Century Abbey and Parish Church. A Champagne reception and canapés welcome guests on board.
Day 2, Monday
Early morning tour of Auxerre then cruising to Vincelles. Spend the afternoon zip-lining and tree climbing amidst the beautiful scenery. Traversing the wires, tackling the obstacles and exciting zip-lines from the treetop. The forest features numerous circuits for varying abilities and ages - some high up in the trees. You are provided with harness and helmets. It’s great fun, and can be as challenging or easy as the individual chooses. You will also visit Guedelon - a medieval town in the making that's slated to be a scientific, historic and educational interest.
Day 3, Tuesday
Morning horse riding in the hills. Ride through the buttercup fields and rolling hills. The stables offer horses and ponies for beginners to the more experienced rider. Helmets are provided. An alternative visit to the Roman Museum at Escolives is offered in case of any changes to the weather or circumstance. You will continue with an afternoon cruise to the beautiful village of Accolay.
Day 4, Wednesday
Excursion to the market of Noyers-sur-Serein for exploration and boutique shopping. With its friendly market stalls, half timbered houses and turreted ramparts it is easy to see why Noyers is considered one of the most beautiful villages in France. In the afternoon you'll cruise towards the magnificent Mailly-le-Château.
Day 5, Thursday
Morning cruise to Lucy-sur-Yonne. Watch out for dramatic cliffs that stand by the water's edge and the delightful ducks and geese, who have made this canal bank their home. Along the cruise route the Rochers du Parc and those at Les Saussois are regularly used by climbers. Enjoy a thrilling afternoon of rock wall climbing in an impressive old limestone quarry with a vast cave cut into the rock. Featuring long zip wires, abseiling and rock climbing on a course set into the cave walls. Different levels of difficulty mean any age can participate. This is great fun, especially for the thrill-seekers because there's an opportunity to feel scared. The café with seating area provides a perfect place for spectators, while others can wander and watch the activities of others.
Day 6, Friday
Morning cruise to the delightful medieval town of Clamecy, a worthy venue for the climax of your cruise. Spend the afternoon canoeing down the enchanting River Cure, past geological outcrops and under an ancient Roman bridge. It's not white water rafting - but it is fun. If time allows you can make a quick detour up to Vézelay for those wanting to see the inspiring bascilia.
Alternative: The river is close to the Chateau of Bazoches and Vézelay, for those preferring a guided tour.
Evening is dedicated for the farewell ‘Captain’s Dinner.'
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, the Luciole bus departs for Place Vendôme, central Paris where taxis are available for onward travel. For guests wishing to travel elsewhere in France by train or hire car, a stop can always be made in Auxerre en-route to Paris.
Luciole Deck Plan
- 6 crew
- 35 metres long
- 8 en-suite cabins: 3 twin/double, 3 twin, 2 single
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with umbrellas
- Bicycles available on board
- Library and music system
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
Departure Date Per Person Single Cabin April 14, 21, 28 3,950 Euros 3,950 Euros May 5, 12, 19 3,950 Euros 3,950 Euros May 26 4,400 Euros 4,400 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 4,400 Euros 4,400 Euros July 7, 14 4,400 Euros 4,400 Euros July 21, 28 3,950 Euros 3,950 Euros August 4, 11, 18, 25 3,950 Euros 3,950 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 4,400 Euros 4,400 Euros October 6, 13, 20 4,400 Euros 4,400 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
Departure Date Charter 8 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 12 ppl Theme Cruise Supplement April 14, 21, 28 31,000 Euros 42,000 Euros 44,500 Euros 2,000 Euros May 5, 12, 19 31,000 Euros 42,000 Euros 44,500 Euros 2,000 Euros May 26 47,000 Euros 49,500 Euros 2,000 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 47,000 Euros 49,500 Euros 2,000 Euros July 7, 14 47,000 Euros 49,500 Euros 2,000 Euros July 21, 28 42,000 Euros 44,500 Euros 2,000 Euros August 4, 11, 18, 25 42,000 Euros 44,500 Euros 2,000 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 47,000 Euros 49,500 Euros 2,000 Euros October 6, 13, 20 31,000 Euros 42,000 Euros 44,5000 Euros 2,000 Euros
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros or US Dollar and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of 30% of the total cruise fare for cabin or charter is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 100 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Rates are subject to change. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!