€5,690 Per Person
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy & Loire Valley
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTREN0816
- ItineraryChatillon-sur-Loire to Montargis
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomMeals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Bonus Each cabin booked receives a free signed copy of French Odyssey by Rick Stein.Daily Excursions Excursions and wine tasting sessions as per the itineraryInclusions Sun deck, spa pool, use of bicycles, WiFi on board, etc.Itinerary Cruise between Chatillon-sur-Loire and Montargis.
The elegant, 8-passenger Renaissance cruises in the beautiful canals of Burgundy and Loire Valley. She features four spacious suites with en-suite facilities, salon and dining room, relaxing sun deck with spa pool and touring bikes. Renaissance has five members of crew including a captain, tour guide, master chef and two hosts/hostesses.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey, one per cabin booked.
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day cruise
- Daily excursions and entry fees to:
- 7-lock flight at Rogny-Les-Sept Ecluses
- Cruise across the aqueduct at Briare, built by Gustave Eiffel
- Faiencerie of Gien, a ceramics museum founded in 1821 in a former convent
- Château de Fontainebleau, a UNESCO World Heritage site and Napoléon’s favourite residence
- Château de Sully-sur-Loire
- Château de la Bussière
- Sancerre winery for private tour and tasting
- All gourmet meals and open-bar 24/7
- Attentive service from 5 crew members
- Transfers between Paris and Renaissance
- Cruise from April to October/Sunday departures
- Bookings available by the cabin. Alternatively, this barge may be fully chartered for the exclusive use of your group.
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & Renaissance = 2 or 2.5 hours, depending on the cruise direction.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 2:15 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 2:15 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the groups choice in Paris at 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet Mignon de Charolais; Medallion d’Agneau Farci; Filet de Sole Chablisienne; Canard au Petits Navets
Domaine Henri Bourgeois, Sancerre; Domaine Billaud Simon, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils, Meursault; Domaine Changarnier, Monthelie; Domaine Camus, Charmes Chambertin Grand Cru
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Chatillon-sur-Loire to Montargis
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at the designated meeting point and transferred to the spacious Renaissance moored in Chatillon-sur-Loire, where a champagne welcome awaits you. Cruise to Briare crossing Gustave Eiffel’s magical aqueduct over the River Loire, an amazing 10,000 ton, 662 metre Pont Canal, which was completed in September 1896. Time for a walk or cycle ride before dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
In the morning, visit a renowned winery, Henry Bourgeois in Sancerre for a tour and tasting. This medieval hilltop village overlooks a vibrant and pulsating region which has known viticulture since Roman times.
After lunch, enjoy an afternoon cruise to La Gazonne, a beautiful mooring surrounded by lakes and ponds with the Seine River on one side and the Saone River on the other. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
A morning cruise further along the canal, with plenty of opportunities for walking or cycling along the towpath, to our mooring at the village of Rogny-les-Sept-Ecluses near its 350-year-old 7 lock-flight.
After lunch on board, visit the delightful, privately-owned Château de La Bussière, known as the ‘fishermen castle’, with its wonderful ornamental and vegetable gardens. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
After a leisurely breakfast of fresh croissants, baguettes and assorted pastries we visit Gien, home of the Faience pottery. There is also time to walk around the market to see the fresh produce.
After lunch back on board, enjoy a relaxing afternoon cruise to the lovely village of Montbouy. Dinner ashore at the Michelin-starred Auberge des Templiers in Les Bezards.
Day 5, Thursday
Leave Montbouy this morning for a gentle cruise to just outside of the village of Montcresson and our peaceful mooring. In the afternoon, visit Château Sully-sur-Loire. The castle originally belonged to Georges de la Trémoïlle, who infuriated Joan of Arc by encouraging the Dauphin to devote himself to idle hunting in the forests around Sully. After Joan's failure to liberate Paris 1430, de la Trémoïlle imprisoned her in the castle. In the 18th century, Voltaire, exiled from Paris, also spent time at the château. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Enjoy a morning cruise through Little Venice, past flower-bedecked bridges and medieval watercourses joining France’s oldest canal.
In the afternoon, visit the splendid Château de Fontainebleau. It is the only royal and imperial château to have been continuously inhabited for seven centuries. To walk through this palace is to walk through the history of France and every French royal family has added its own architectural style and features when in residence.
Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast disembark Renaissance and transfer to the designated drop off point.
Renaissance Deck Plan
- 5 crew
- 39 metres long
- 4 twin/double suites with TV (23 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Sundeck with spa pool
- 8 bicycles available on board
- CD player, iPod dock, library and games
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned minibus
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 15. 10% off per cabin on June 24.
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before April 8, 22 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 15 4,552 Euros 2,050 Euros 3 April 2018 April 29 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 6, 13, 20, 27 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros June 3, 10, 17 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros June 24 5,895 Eurors 2,350 Euros 3 April 2018 July 1, 8, 15 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 22, 29 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 5, 12, 19 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 26 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros October 7, 14, 21 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 8, 22 & 29; May 13. 10% off per charter on July 8 & 15; August 5 & 26.
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 8, 22 31,680 Euros 32,640 Euros 33,600 Euros 3 April 2018 April 15 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 29 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 3 April 2018 May 6, 13, 20, 27 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros June 3, 10, 17, 24 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 1 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 8, 15 40,950 Euros 42,300 Euros 43,650 Euros 3 April 2018 July 22, 29 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 5 35,640 Euros 36,720 Euros 37,800 Euros 3 April 2018 August 12, 19 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 26 40,950 Euros 42,300 Euros 43,650 Euros 3 April 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 45,500 Euros 42,300 Euros 48,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Golf Upper Loire & Western Burgundy Charter up to 8 ppl 500 Euros per person Wine Appreciation Upper Loire & Western Burgundy Charter up to 8 ppl 3,500 Euros per charter Family Upper Loire & Western Burgundy Charter up to 8 ppl None
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. *Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!