€39,600 Per Charter
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy & Loire Valley
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeRENFAM0816
- ItineraryChatillon-sur-Loire to Montargis
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Chatillon-sur-Loire and Montargis. Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Create lifelong memories with the family on board the elegant, 8-passenger Renaissance. Visit historic castles and medieval towns as you cruise along the beautiful waterways of River Loire and Canal Briare. Children will enjoy activities such as kayaking, swimming or horseback riding.
Receive a free signed copy of French Odyssey, one per cabin booked.
Note: Family themed cruises are charter only.
- Free hotel night at Hotel Westminster for charter bookings on available dates in 2018. Book on or before May 14th, 2018. This offer is combinable with other advertised promotions.
- Cruise across the Pont Canal de Briare, built by Gustav Eiffel over the River Loire.
- Visit Guedelon Castle in Treigny.
- Visit Gien including its castle.
- Tour of the beautiful Chateau Sully sur Loire.
- Discover Chateau Landon and Saint Severin Abbey.
- Optional activities - kayaking, horseback riding and swimming.
- Cruise through Montbouy and Montargis.
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles, DVD player and spa pool
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & Renaissance = 2 or 2.5 hours, depending on the cruise direction.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 2:15 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 2:15 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the groups choice in Paris at 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet Mignon de Charolais; Medallion d’Agneau Farci; Filet de Sole Chablisienne; Canard au Petits Navets
Domaine Henri Bourgeois, Sancerre; Domaine Billaud Simon, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils, Meursault; Domaine Changarnier, Monthelie; Domaine Camus, Charmes Chambertin Grand Cru
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Chatillon-sur-Loire to Montargis
Day 1, Sunday
Meet at the **designated meeting point and transferred to the spacious Renaissance where a Champagne welcome awaits you. We preview Monday’s crossing of Gustave Eiffel’s magical aqueduct across the River Loire, an amazing 10,000 ton, 662 metre Pont Canal, which was completed in September 1896. Time for a walk, cycle ride or game of boules before your first dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
Morning cruise across the River Loire on Eiffel’s aqueduct to Briare. Before lunch, time to wander around fruit and vegetable, seafood, cheese and French fashion stalls in the market in Briare. Afternoon visit to Guedelon Castle in Treigny located deep in secluded woodland, an abandoned quarry reveals a landscape, seemingly untouched since the dawn of the last millennium. Out of this wood and stone, using 13th century building techniques, a castle is being created. Evening cruise across the River Loire on Eiffel’s aqueduct. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
This morning we visit Gien, home of the Faience pottery and hunting museums and Chateau de Gien. Another option is kayaking near Chatillon-sur-Loire for all the family. Afternoon cruise to the village of La Gazonne. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning we visit Chateau Sully sur Loire. The castle originally belonged to Georges de la Trémoïlle, who infuriated Joan of Arc by encouraging the Dauphin to devote himself to idle hunting in the forests around Sully. After Joan's failure to liberate Paris 1430, de la Trémoïlle virtually imprisoned her in the castle. In the 18th-century Voltaire, exiled from Paris, also spent time at the Château. Afternoon cruise to the historical town of Rogny. Another option today for lake swimming. Dinner ashore at Michelin starred Auberge des Templiers in Les Bezards.
Day 5, Thursday
We leave Rogny this morning for a gentle cruise to Montbouy. Today’s excursion is to Chateau-Landon. With a history going back 20,000 years to the first evidence of primitive habitation, this seldom visited, mainly medieval town was captured by Caesar in 52 BC. We have a private guided walking tour and see the 11th century Saint Severin Abbey, as well as enjoy a tasting of Loire wines. (If you prefer to replace Chateau Landon we can visit Parc Animalier de L’Emprunt, a children’s animal farm in Souppes-sur-Loing, or karting at Planete Karting in Pannes (payment for karting is made by customer directly to karting on the day). If you prefer this afternoon to trek around the local country-side on horseback with experienced guides, visit the super stables where palomino horses are raised and given a maximum of freedom. (payment should be made by clients directly to stables on the day). Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
We enjoy a morning cruise through Little Venice, past flower-bedecked bridges and medieval watercourses joining France’s oldest canal. The cruise takes us through the Loiret countryside with towpath cycling to Montargis. After lunch we visit The Château de Fontainebleau, a residence of Napoleon 1st, from where he abdicated his reign in 1814, also boasts the finest example in France of Renaissance interior design and magnificent gardens. A tour will also be taken in a horse drawn carriage. On the way back to the barge we can stop at Souppes-sur-Loing and if the weather is fine there is time for a swim in the beautiful beach lake or tennis. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast we return you to the **designated drop off point.
Renaissance Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double suites with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2018
20% off per cabin on April 15 & May 13. 10% off per cabin on June 24.
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before April 8, 22 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros April 15 4,552 Euros 2,050 Euros 11 May 2018 April 29 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 6, 20, 27 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros May 13 5,240 Euros 2,350 Euros 11 May 2018 June 3, 10, 17 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros June 24 5,895 Euros 2,350 Euros 14 May 2018 July 1, 8, 15 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros July 22, 29 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 5, 12, 19 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros August 26 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6,550 Euros 2,350 Euros October 7, 14, 21 5,690 Euros 2,050 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on May 13. 10% off per charter on July 8; August 5 & 26.
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 8, 15, 22 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros April 29 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros May 6, 20, 27 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros May 13 36,400 Euros 37,600 Euros 38,800 Euros 11 May 2018 June 3, 10, 17, 24 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 1, 15 45,500 Euros 47,000 Euros 48,500 Euros July 8 40,950 Euros 42,300 Euros 43,650 Euros 14 May 2018 July 22, 29 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 5 35,640 Euros 36,720 Euros 37,800 Euros 14 May 2018 August 12, 19 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros August 26 40,950 Euros 42,300 Euros 43,650 Euros 14 May 2018 September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 45,500 Euros 42,300 Euros 48,500 Euros October 7, 14, 21 39,600 Euros 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Region Available for Supplement Family Upper Loire & Western Burgundy Charter up to 8 ppl None
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!