€40,800 Per Charter
Ultra Luxury Class
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy & Loire Valley
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeRENWIN0816
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Chatillon-sur-Loire and Montargis. Inclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
An array of wine tastings awaits at this exciting voyage! Visit some of the prominent wineries like Domaine Henry Bourgeois, Domaine Chatelain and Domaine Fèvre. This 6-night cruise also allows you to explore some of the lovely villages and markets like Montbouy and Gien where you'll uncover interesting arts and history. A true perfect treat for wine enthusiasts!
- Admire the Gustave Eiffel's magical aqueduct
- Visit to a renowned winery in Sancerre
- Cruise to La Gazonne, a beautiful mooring surrounded by lakes and ponds
- Visit the Domaine Chatelain, a winery founded nearly 400 years ago
- Moor at Rogny-les-Sept-Ecluses
- Visit Gien, home of the Faience pottery
- Private wine tasting at Domaine Fevre
- Cruise through Little Venice
- Explore the Chateau de Fontainebleau, a national museum and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 5 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles, DVD player and spa pool
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & Renaissance = 2 or 2.5 hours, depending on the cruise direction.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 2:15 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 2:15 pm OR a TGV train station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the groups choice in Paris at 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV train station by 10:00 am
Filet Mignon de Charolais; Medallion d’Agneau Farci; Filet de Sole Chablisienne; Canard au Petits Navets
Domaine Henri Bourgeois, Sancerre; Domaine Billaud Simon, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils, Meursault; Domaine Changarnier, Monthelie; Domaine Camus, Charmes Chambertin Grand Cru
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Chatillon-sur-Loire to Montargis
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met at the Hotel Westminster and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to the spacious Renaissance where a Champagne welcome with canapés awaits you and you meet the Captain and crew. We enjoy a short evening cruise to Briare, crossing Gustave Eiffel’s magical aqueduct over the River Loire, an amazing 10,000 ton, 662 metre Pont Canal, which was completed in September 1896. Late afternoon before dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
Morning visit to a renowned winery in Sancerre, such as Domaine Henry Bourgeois, in Chavignol for a tour and private tasting. This medieval hilltop village overlooks a vibrant region which has known viticulture since Roman times.
After lunch, we enjoy an afternoon cruise to La Gazonne, a beautiful mooring surrounded by lakes and ponds that provide water for the workings of the Canal de Briare. Here, our expert wine guide joins us to give an introductory talk and leads an on-board wine tasting. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
This morning, we visit Domaine Chatelain, a winery founded nearly 400 years ago on the right bank of the River Loire in St Andelain and maker of some wonderfully flinty Pouilly-Fumé wines. Here we enjoy a winery tour and of course, a private tasting. After lunch back on board the barge we cruise further along the canal, with plenty of opportunities for walking or cycling along the towpath, to our mooring at Rogny-les-Sept-Ecluses near its 350-year-old 7 lock-flight, which is well worth exploring. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
After a leisurely breakfast of fresh croissants, baguettes and assorted pastries, we visit Gien, home of the Faience pottery, renowned for its beautifully decorated and vibrant dinnerware. There is also time to explore the bustling market. After lunch back on board, we enjoy a relaxing afternoon cruise to the lovely village of Montbouy. Dinner ashore at the Michelin-starred Auberge des Templiers in Les Bezards.
Day 5, Thursday
An early departure after breakfast as our wine guide takes us on a tour of the vineyards and town of Chablis, dating back to Roman times, where we enjoy a private wine tasting at a winery such as the long-established Domaine Fevre. Owned by award-winners Nathalie and Gilles Fevre, the domaine makes the most of the region’s wonderful local terroir to produce high quality wines. We return to the barge for a slightly later lunch on board, then leave Montbouy for a gentle cruise to just outside of the village of Montcresson and our peaceful mooring. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
We enjoy a morning cruise through Little Venice, past flower-bedecked bridges and medieval watercourses joining France’s oldest canal. Our visit this afternoon is to the splendid Château de Fontainebleau, a national museum and UNESCO World Heritage Site. To walk through this palace is to walk through the history of France. It is the only royal and imperial château to have been continuously inhabited for seven centuries and every French royal family has added its own architectural style and features when in residence. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, guests are transferred to the Hotel Westminster in Paris.
Renaissance Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 5 crew
- 4 twin/double suites with en-suite facilities
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 8 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
20% off per cabin on April 14. 10% off per cabin on May 26.
Departure Dates Suite per person Single Supplement Book Before April 7, 21 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros April 14 4,680 Euros 2,100 Euros 18 February 2019 April 28 6,690 Euros 2,400 Euros May 5, 12, 19 6,690 Euros 2,400 Euros May 26 6,021 Euros 2,400 Euros 18 February 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 6,690 Euros 2,400 Euros July 7, 14 6,690 Euros 2,400 Euros July 21, 28 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros August 4, 11, 18 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros August 25 6,6690 Euros 2,400 Euros September 1, 8 15, 22, 29 6,6690 Euros 2,400 Euros October 6, 13, 20 5,850 Euros 2,100 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
10% off per charter on April 7 & May 12
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 7 36,720 Euros 37,800 Euros 38,880 Euros 18 February 2019 April 14, 21 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros 43,200 Euros April 28 46,900 Euros 48,400 Euros 49,900 Euros May 5, 19, 26 46,900 Euros 48,400 Euros 49,900 Euros May 12 42,210 Euros 43,560 Euros 44,910 Euros 18 February 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 46,900 Euros 48,400 Euros 49,900 Euros July 7, 14 46,900 Euros 48,400 Euros 49,900 Euros July 21, 28 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros 43,200 Euros August 4, 11, 18 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros 43,200 Euros August 25 46,900 Euros 48,400 Euros 49,900 Euros September 1, 8 15, 22, 29 46,900 Euros 48,400 Euros 49,900 Euros October 6, 13, 20 40,800 Euros 42,000 Euros 43,200 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Wine Appreciation Charter 8 ppl 4,000 Euros per charter
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!