€26,800 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance /
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeROSGOL1216
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Bordeaux - Cruise between Castet-en-Dorthe and Boé.Itinerary Gascony - Cruise between Agen and MontaubanInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
The charming, 8-passenger Rosa features a classic Dutch design. Rosa cruises from Montauban to Boé and offers you an opportunity to play golf at various golf courses included Golf International Toulouse Seilh, Golf Montauban L’Estang, Golf d’Espalais and Golf d’Albret.
- Play golf at the following golf courses: Golf International Toulouse Seilh, Golf Montauban L’Estang, Golf d’Espalais and Golf d’Albret.
- Guided tour of the included Water Plane.
- Cruise along the Pont Canal du Cacor.
- Visit the 7th century Abbaye St-Pierre de Moissac.
- Dinner at Le Florentin,
- Tour the village of Auvillar.
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 4 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes bicycles
- Small library of books and maps
- Collection of board games
- Hi-Fi system with CD player and selection of CDs
- iPod docking station
Pick-up & Drop-off Point
Approximate transfer duration for Rosa = 1 or 1.5 hours, depending on the cruise route.
For cabin bookings
- Pick-up point: Hotel Pullman in Toulouse centre at 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Toulouse at 10:30 am
For charter bookings: One location of the group's choice in Toulouse or Bordeaux for pick-up at 4:00 pm and drop-off by 10:30 am.
Bordeaux & Gascony
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Bordeaux: The Intercontinental Bordeaux – Le Grand hotel (if clients stay the night prior) at 4:00 pm or Bordeaux Train Station at 4:20 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Bordeaux at 11:00 am
For charter bookings: One location of the group's choice in Bordeaux or Toulouse for pick-up at 4:00 pm and drop-off by 11:00 am.
Entrecôte de Bazas à la Bordelaise; Confit de Canard et Son Jus au Thym; Foie Gras Poélé Déglacé au Vin de Figues; Filet de Truite au Beurre Blanc; Gâteau Basque; Pruneaux à l’Armagnac
Buzet, Cotes de Marmandais, Sauternes Bordeaux AOC Superieur, Haut Medoc, Cotes du Frontonnais
Le Bleu de Quercy; Templais Sec; Tomme de Lomagne; Cabécou; Roquefort; Laguiole
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Montauban to Boé
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met in Toulouse and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to Rosa. Following a champagne and canapés welcome, there is time for a tour of the beautiful old town of Montauban, set on the banks of the canal, before returning for your first dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning Rosa meanders up the flight of ten locks on the beautiful, recently restored branch canal skirting the Forest of Agre and moors in the heart of the little town of Montech. After lunch, we drive to Golf International Toulouse Seilh which offers two courses set in rural countryside. There is the championship ‘Rouge’ course (18 holes, par 72, 6,100 yards) which features in the European Challenge Tour and provides a sterner, or the more forgiving ‘Yellow’ course (18 holes, par 64, 4,600 yards). Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, there is a guided tour of the remarkable inclined Water Plane, an amazing feat of engineering that by-passes five locks and, when back in service in the near future, will lower vessels 43 feet all in one go. Then, following a relaxing morning cruise to the canal port of Castelsarrasin and lunch on board, we drive to Golf Montauban L’Estang (18 holes, par 72, 6,900 yards). It is the longest course in the region and is set in a nature reserve with superb panoramic views. A challenge for any golfer. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning we cross the River Tarn via the 1,000 foot long aqueduct, the Pont Canal du Cacor, then descend towards Moissac through a staircase of delightful locks and moor for lunch. We spend the early afternoon in Moissac visiting the UNESCO-classified 7th century Abbaye St-Pierre de Moissac with its wonderfully preserved cloisters and exploring the shops of local artisans. We return to the barge for a late afternoon cruise on the delightful River Tarn before mooring back in Moissac. This evening, perhaps after a game of boules, we stroll ashore to savour regional specialties at the excellent restaurant ‘Le Florentin’, in front of the spectacular entrance portal of the abbey.
Day 5, Thursday
On this morning’s cruise, Rosa rises up from the Tarn and turns west on the brick-lined canal through Moissac. After negotiating the swing bridge, we cruise between the placidly-flowing waters of the Garonne and the foothills of the Quercy massif, before mooring at Pommevic. After lunch, we transfer to Golf d’Espalais (9 holes, par 35, 2,500 yards) a gentle course with beautiful water features located in the Auvillar foothills. Afterwards, if there is time, we can take a short drive to Auvillar, a 15th century village perched high on the side of a gorge above the River Garonne. We then return to Rosa and cruise to our mooring in Valence d'Agen, an old "Bastide" town with a Palladian canalside public wash-house and arcaded market place. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
This morning, we embark on a leisurely cruise through the bucolic countryside of Gascony to our final mooring at the pretty port of Boé. After lunch, we enjoy our last round of golf at the impressive Golf d’Albret (18 holes, par 72, 6,300 yards) situated in expansive parkland with wonderful views of the surrounding valleys and bastide villages. We return to the barge for the Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, guests are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to their choice of location in Toulouse.
Rosa Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 4 crew
- 2 double state rooms (104 to 110 sq ft including en-suite)
- 2 twin state rooms (92 to 107 sq ft including en-suite)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with table, loungers and parasols
- Spa pool
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement April 14, 21 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros April 28 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros May 5, 12, 19, 26 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros July 7, 14 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros July 21, 28 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros August 4, 11, 18 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros August 25 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros October 6, 13, 20 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
20% off per charter on April 28; May 5 & 12. 10% off per charter on May 26 & June 2.
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 14, 21 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros April 28 24,320 Euros 25,120 Euros 25,920 Euros 18 February 2019 May 5, 12 24,320 Euros 25,120 Euros 25,920 Euros 18 February 2019 May 19 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros May 26, June 2 37,710 Euros 39,060 Euros 40,410 Euros 18 February 2019 June 2, 9, 16, 23 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros July 7, 14 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros July 21, 28 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros August 4, 11, 18 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros August 25 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros October 6, 13, 20 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Golf Charter 8 ppl 500 Euros per golfer
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!