€26,800 Per Charter
- Country / RegionFrance / Aquitaine
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeROSWIN1216
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Bordeaux - Cruise between Castet-en-Dorthe and Boé.Itinerary Gascony - Cruise between Agen and MontaubanInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Enjoy a scenic wine cruise along the Canal de Garonne on board the Rosa barge. If you're a wine enthusiast, this cruise is perfect for you. Discover Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux's most famous appellation.
- Tour of Saint-Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the most famous appellation of the region.
- Explore the beautiful Château de Malle. Includes private wine tasting.
- Visit the fortified village of Damazan.
- Tour the 14th-century Château de Duras.
- Visit the traditional cooperage of St. Martin.
- Tour of Cork Museum in Mezin.
- Tasting of Armagnac at Lapeyrade Estate.
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 4 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes bicycles
- Small library of books and maps
- Collection of board games
- Hi-Fi system with CD player and selection of CDs
- iPod docking station
Pick-up & Drop-off Point
Approximate transfer duration for Rosa = 1 or 1.5 hours, depending on the cruise route.
For cabin bookings
- Pick-up point: Hotel Pullman in Toulouse centre at 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Toulouse at 10:30 am
For charter bookings: One location of the group's choice in Toulouse or Bordeaux for pick-up at 4:00 pm and drop-off by 10:30 am.
Bordeaux & Gascony
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Bordeaux: The Intercontinental Bordeaux – Le Grand hotel (if clients stay the night prior) at 4:00 pm or Bordeaux Train Station at 4:20 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Bordeaux at 11:00 am
For charter bookings: One location of the group's choice in Bordeaux or Toulouse for pick-up at 4:00 pm and drop-off by 11:00 am.
Entrecôte de Bazas à la Bordelaise; Confit de Canard et Son Jus au Thym; Foie Gras Poélé Déglacé au Vin de Figues; Filet de Truite au Beurre Blanc; Gâteau Basque; Pruneaux à l’Armagnac
Buzet, Cotes de Marmandais, Sauternes Bordeaux AOC Superieur, Haut Medoc, Cotes du Frontonnais
Le Bleu de Quercy; Templais Sec; Tomme de Lomagne; Cabécou; Roquefort; Laguiole
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Castet-en-Dorthe to Boé
Day 1, Sunday
Guests are met in Bordeaux and transferred by private chauffeured minibus to Rosa. Following a champagne and canapés welcome, there is time for a stroll before returning for your first dinner on board. A knowledgeable sommelier also visits the barge to give the first of several talks during the cruise on the vineyards of Bordeaux and ensures that everyone has mastered their wine-tasting technique!
Day 2, Monday
This morning is spent cruising the picturesque canal, following the River Garonne, to the port of Meilhan-sur-Garonne. In the afternoon, we visit the medieval town of Saint Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage site and centre of the most famous of the Bordeaux appellations. Later, we stop at Château Beau-Sejour-Becot, a long-established, family-run producer of some highly-praised premier and grand cru Saint Emilion wines, where we are given a private tour and, of course, enjoy a tasting. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, we cruise to the charming little village of Le Mas d'Agenais, the perfect time to walk or cycle the towpath through stunning countryside with views over the valley of the Garonne. After lunch on board, we visit Château de Malle, an exquisite residence set in Italian-style gardens with vineyards situated in some of the most sought after wine-growing land in the region. Since being built in the 17th century, it has remained in the hands of the same family and produces its renowned sweet wine, Sauternes “Grand Cru Classe”, a recognition awarded back in 1855, as well as red and white Graves wines. After a tour, we enjoy a private tasting of these delicious wines. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning, we enjoy a relaxing afternoon cruise past Damazan, a pretty fortified village with pastel-coloured houses, to our mooring at Buzet-sur-Baise, a town at the heart of the Garonne terroir that produces some excellent wines. In the afternoon, we visit the 14th century Château de Duras, an architectural wonder, which has been both a fortress and a stately home over its 900-year history. We wander through its 35 rooms and museum, then take a short drive to the nearby “Maison des Vins”, with its exhibition telling the story of the wine-making that has taken place in the area since the 12th century. After returning to the hotel barge for lunch, Dinner ashore this evening at a charming waterside restaurant, Le Moulin des Saveurs.
Day 5, Thursday
In the morning, we visit the traditional cooperage of St. Martin, where we discover the secrets of making the barrels that enhance the great wines of Bordeaux. Before returning to the barge, we also visit the Buzet wine co-operative, Les Vignerons de Buzet, for a tour of the cellars and tasting. After lunch on board, the afternoon is devoted to relaxation and cruising further along the canal, where you will be able to spot some of Gascony’s famous pigeon-houses, before arriving at our mooring in the little village of Serignac-sur-Garonne. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Start the day with a visit to the fascinating Cork Museum in Mézin, a small town at the centre of an area that boasted over 50 cork factories back in the 1800’s. There, we learn about the history of cork-making and see an exhibition of tools and machines used by workers in the 19th and 20th centuries. Later, we see the medieval riverside village of Lavardac and some of the nearby cork trees, then stop at the Lapeyrade Estate for a cellar tasting of Armagnac, the oldest alcohol in France. In the afternoon, we cruise towards our final destination of Boé, crossing en route the Plan Canal d’Agen, one of the longest aqueducts in France which spans the River Garonne. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, guests are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to their choice of location in Bordeaux.
Rosa Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 4 crew
- 2 double state rooms (104 to 110 sq ft including en-suite)
- 2 twin state rooms (92 to 107 sq ft including en-suite)
- Centrally Heated
- Hi-Fi system with CD player with selection of CDs
- Sun deck with table, loungers and parasols
- Spa pool
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to reception)
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
20% off per cabin on June 30; July 28; August 18 & 25
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement Book Before May 19, 26 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros June 30 3,512 Euros 1,600 Euros 24 June 2019 July 7, 14 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros July 21 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros July 28 3,032 Euros 1,400 Euros 24 June 2019 August 4, 11 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros August 18 3,032 Euros 1,400 Euros 24 June 2019 August 25 3,512 Euros 1,600 Euros 24 June 2019 September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros October 6, 13, 20 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
10% off per charter on October 13 & 20
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before May 19, 26 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros July 7, 14 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros July 21, 28 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros August 4, 11, 18 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros August 25 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros October 6 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros October 13, 20 24,120 Euros 24,840 Euros 25,560 Euros 24 June 2019
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Family Charter 8 ppl None Golf Charter 8 ppl 500 Euros per golfer Wine Appreciation Charter 8 ppl 4,000 Euros per charter
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!