€15,000 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Canal du Midi
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Cruise CodeBTSAV0816
- Max Passengers7
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomMeals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Daily Excursions Excursions and wine tasting sessions as per the itineraryInclusions Sun deck, use of bicycles, WiFi on board, etc.
Savannah features luxuriously fitted cabins with both inside salon and dining rooms and a large deck with great views. This barge was completely refurbished and decorated with sophisticated modern furniture in 2014.
Indulge in an exciting journey into the charming villages of France and enjoy wine tastings at some vineyards. Savannah is a great choice to those who wants an authentic experience on the Canal du Midi.
You can also discover Canal du Midi from a unique and stunning viewpoint with a helicopter flight. This flight in a luxury 5 seater Ecureuil helicopter will take you to at least 9 unique sites from Montpellier, Pic St Loup, St Guilhem le Desert, Canal du midi, Etang de Thau, Sète and more. This addition, free of charge on board Savannah is worth 2,500 Euros.
- Visit Minerve, one of the most beautiful villages in France.
- Wine tasting session in a Minervois vineyard
- Explore Narbonne and Carcassonne.
- Performance of guest musicians on board
- Visit Château de Pennautier.
- Explore the beautiful foothills of the Pyrénées mountains.
- Six nights on board
- All meals on board and two meals in selected restaurants;
- Transfers to and from the barge from the local train station or hotel. A 125€ supplement for transfers to and from Toulouse and Montpellier.
- All excursions and visits to historical sites, villages, museums (inclusive of entrance fees)
- Wine-tastings in two vineyards, markets, and two restaurants
- Citroen 2 CV drive and musicians onboard
- All regional wines, bar, and refreshment drinks onboard. A selection of guest's preferred drinks.
- Use of on-board bicycles, library, CD/DVD collection and player
- On board WiFi and internet access
- Trip insurance
- Wines and alcohol on shore
- Any personal purchases, telephone and Internet access, laundry (can be arranged with on shore cleaners).
- Crew gratuities (5-10% of cruise price recommended) normally presented to the Captain in local currency at the end of the cruise.
Savannah's chef will join you at the local markets to choose the freshest ingredients including meat, fish, fruits, vegetables and cheeses. Wines and Champagnes are from renowned vineyards such as Minervois, Corbieres, Saint Chinian, Cabardes, Fitou and other local regions.
Contact a Barge Travel Specialist
Meet Your Barge Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)
Bram to La Redorte
Day 1, Sunday
Upon your arrival at the planned meeting point, your guide will accompany you to the barge. Once settled in comfortably, A glass of champagne will be the ideal moment to meet the crew and set off on your first cruise. It’s in a most enchanting countryside mooring that you will enjoy the exclusiveness of this adventure and experience the refined diner prepared by your chef, the outstanding wines and champagnes and the joy of being on board the “Savannah” as the night falls.
Day 2, Monday
Discover Minerve, considered one of the prettiest villages in France « plus beaux villages de France », perched on a heart shaped rocky spur at the meeting point of two valleys. This village is also one of the emblematic sites of Catharism and was besieged by Simon de Montford during the Albigensian crusade. The surrounding Minervois wines have been appreciated since Roman times.
After a walk through this unique village and the surrounding valley, your guide will accompany you to an exceptional Minervois vineyard where you will meet the wine maker as he joins you for your first wine tasting of the week.A selection of these internationally acclaimed wines will be served during your lunch prepared on board.
Enjoy a leisurely afternoon cruise through olive shaped locks, over aqueducts and under low stone bridges. Choose to relax on the sundeck or take the opportunity to stroll and cycle along the canal.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, a morning visit to Narbonne, regional capital established in 118 BCE as a Roman colonia boasts numerous historical and architectural tracks of the town’s prestigious past. Discover the roman pavements of the Via Domitia and visit the Saint Just Cathedral and Episcopal Palace.
A relaxed « promenade » through the shady pedestrian streets will lead you past local boutiques to the covered marketplace. Colors, aromas and flavors! The chef will join you and together you will discover the exceptional produce of Languedoc Roussillon region and choose the fresh ingredients that will compose the gastronomic meals on board “Savannah”.
This perfect morning will be followed by lunch in the marketplace, and the afternoon dedicated to cruising the outskirts of Carcassonne towards the palm tree lined lock of Villedubert.
Day 4, Wednesday
Breakfast will be served whilst slowly cruising towards the port of Carcassonne, our lunchtime destination. Occupied since the Neolithic and symbol of the middle age, you will visit the fortified city of Carcassonne, ascend the ramparts dating back to Gallo-Roman times, discover the medieval town, its fort, the cathedral. Roam and shop in the 19th century bastide of this regional capital Carcassonne will delight you.
At the end of the day, your nautical stroll on Savannah will lead you towards the Lauragais and a change from the previous vineyard countryside into undulating valleys of sunflowers and wheat.
Day 5, Thursday
After breakfast on board, visit the Château de Pennautier. Wine tasting and lunch will be hosted in the domain and time will be spent thereafter to relax and enjoy a siesta in the castle's gardens. This marvelous discovery will be followed by a cruise through the superb locks and awe inspiring views of Herminis and Lalande on your way to a new idyllic countryside mooring for the evening.
On board Savannah, either on Tuesday or Thursday evenings weather permitting, musicians Yanick and Virginie enchant guests during dinner and late into the evening playing the accordeon and guitar whilst singing classics from Edith Piaf, Aznavour, Trenet and many more.
Day 6, Friday
After breakfast, abandon the Canal du Midi for the foothills of the Pyrenees mountains. Mirepoix, magnificent medieval town in Ariège waits for you. The market is always bustling, held under the village hall, in small pedestrian streets and under overhanging arcades with colorful half beamed houses. You will have a foresight of the Midi Pyrénées region, architecturally and visually different from the Languedoc visited previously.
In contrast, if you prefer, our crew will help you discover the origins and museum of the Canal du midi at St Ferréol's reservoir, near Revel and it’s market. Follow the Rigole, an artificial brookbuilt to supply water from the Montagne Noir “Black mountains” to the canal.Drive through the mountains and Saissac with its Cathar castle.
Upon your return, navigate through the Lauragais to your final destination, champagne farewell drink with the crew and your last exclusive diner on board in the Port of Bram.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, time has come to say Goodbye and safe onward journey. Your guide will accompany you to your departure point (train station, hotel or airport).
Savannah deck plan
- 4 crew
- 31 metres long
- 3 en-suite cabins: 2 twin/double (12 sqm); 1 Junior Suite (15 sqm) and 1 single en-suite cabin (6 sqm)
- Centrally heated
- Tiled sundeck
- Bicycles available on board
- CD players, iPod dock and library
- Wi-Fi (subject to local reception)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
Departure Dates Charter 2 ppl Charter 4 ppl Charter 5 ppl Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl March 30 15,000 Euros 18,000 Euros 22,500 Euros 25,500 Euros 29,750 Euros April 6,13, 20, 27 15,000 Euros 18,000 Euros 22,500 Euros 25,500 Euros 29,750 Euros May 4, 11, 18, 25 15,000 Euros 18,000 Euros 22,500 Euros 25,500 Euros 29,750 Euros June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 15,000 Euros 18,000 Euros 22,500 Euros 25,500 Euros 29,750 Euros July 6, 13, 20, 27 15,000 Euros 18,000 Euros 22,500 Euros 25,500 Euros 29,750 Euros August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 15,000 Euros 18,000 Euros 22,500 Euros 25,500 Euros 29,750 Euros September 7, 14, 21, 28 15,000 Euros 18,000 Euros 22,500 Euros 25,500 Euros 29,750 Euros October 5, 12, 19, 26 15,000 Euros 18,000 Euros 22,500 Euros 25,500 Euros 29,750 Euros
- Select weeks are available for individual cabin bookings.
- Rate per person based on double occupancy: 5,000 Euros
- One cabin (Malpère Cabin) has no single supplement.
- Single Supplement: 1,500 Euros
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of 35% of the total cruise fare for cabin or charter is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 100 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our Barge Specialists would love to help you out!